25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

no ofcourse our marriage is real...

i got approved months ago and we had the wedding just last week..

but last couple of months been hell...

and now its even getting worse..just 5 minutes ago we just had a 10 minutes heavy fight..GOIN FREAKIN CRAZY !!!!!!!!

anyhow..thanx for the help u guys..i did not know annulment meant that...i just thought that would go faster didnt know how it works..

why i am worried is cause i dont want to be shipped back.. i have alllll the proof in the world to prove marriage was real and we still love each other but...we just...SERIOUSLY CANT do this anymore..

and i got approved for conditional GC beginning of march 2010. if I apply for a divorce now it will take 6 months for it to be final and its THEN i notify uscis and try to remove conditions, right ? :/

what if they deny me? i mean what would things besides fake marriage is reason enough to deny a person a 10 year card when the couple got a divorce within the 2 years of the conditional card?

thanx a bunch!!!!!!!!!

provide timeline please?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Other question, if you just got married and already want to divorce after a week, which by the way your timeline makes no sense right now, it is a good idea to explain. Why do you want to stay in this country? What ties do you have to this country after you get divorce. It is something the officer will ask... If it looks fraud to me and to other in this forum... Really good chance it will look fraud to the officer. Just be careful if you love your wife you should really work this through unless there is violence, unfaithfulness, or something ilegal going on. Man want to feel respected, women want to feel loved. are these ingredients in your marriage?

Marriage is not what it used to be anymore. People get divorce left and right. what happen with in the good and the BAD? is it only in the good?

2010-05-15 I-129F Application sent to CSC

2010-05-17 I-129F Application received by VSC

2010-05-19 I-129F Application Forwarded to Dallas Lockbox

2010-05-25 Check cashed

2010-05-25 NOA1 Receipt

2010-07-07 NOA2 Received email that our I-129F application was approved

2010-07-14 NOA2 hard copy received, Petition sent to NVC

2010-07-12 NVC sent Petition sent to embassy

2010-07-15 Called NVC and got case number

2010-07-14 Petition received at Ecuador Embassy

2010-XX-XX Packet 4 letter of instructions from the Ecuadorian Embassy

2010-07-30 Medical appointment scheduled

2010-08-10 Passed medical

2010-09-13 Appointment for visa at Guayaquil Consulate

2011-01-04 Travel to the United States and get married

2011-01-16 Got Married

2011-03-19 Submitted AOS application

2011-04-05 Received RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

thank you all for your support..and sorry for being confusing..

we got married september 2009. sent in all papers december.

got approved march 2010. we have had plans to have a WEDDING but could not afford it, and couple of weeks ago (july) we finally had our wedding.

We decided now to give it one last chance. we both know better but hope we´re wrong.

belluco86: I hear you!!!! but its like talking to a wall. never meet anyone so stubborn and blind. soo intelligent and so sophisticated and highly educated, but little to aggressive snaps instead of being calm and doesn't have time to analyze and totally understand a situation before acting and instead choosing to handle situations (conflicts) in a bad way...............

there is no making understanding..hopeless. and im loosing patience loosing my temper faster and faster and just cant take it

But ..now after 100th chance i ..hope for a miracle. But since i have NO family here no one i really feel helpless and I just need to watch my back since no one else is.

Question 1: So if everything goes well, I just apply for a divorce, do NOTHING else and when the divorce is done THEN i apply for the 751 right?

Question 2: What if one person in the marriage doesn't want to sign the papers for a summary divorce? I mean what do I do then? :S

Other question, if you just got married and already want to divorce after a week, which by the way your timeline makes no sense right now, it is a good idea to explain. Why do you want to stay in this country? What ties do you have to this country after you get divorce. It is something the officer will ask... If it looks fraud to me and to other in this forum... Really good chance it will look fraud to the officer. Just be careful if you love your wife you should really work this through unless there is violence, unfaithfulness, or something ilegal going on. Man want to feel respected, women want to feel loved. are these ingredients in your marriage?

Marriage is not what it used to be anymore. People get divorce left and right. what happen with in the good and the BAD? is it only in the good?

I totally agree....

Timeline

thank you all for your support..and sorry for being confusing..

we got married september 2009. sent in all papers december.

got approved march 2010. we have had plans to have a WEDDING but could not afford it, and couple of weeks ago (july) we finally had our wedding.

We decided now to give it one last chance. we both know better but hope we´re wrong.

belluco86: I hear you!!!! but its like talking to a wall. never meet anyone so stubborn and blind. soo intelligent and so sophisticated and highly educated, but little to aggressive snaps instead of being calm and doesn't have time to analyze and totally understand a situation before acting and instead choosing to handle situations (conflicts) in a bad way...............

there is no making understanding..hopeless. and im loosing patience loosing my temper faster and faster and just cant take it

But ..now after 100th chance i ..hope for a miracle. But since i have NO family here no one i really feel helpless and I just need to watch my back since no one else is.

Question 1: So if everything goes well, I just apply for a divorce, do NOTHING else and when the divorce is done THEN i apply for the 751 right?

Question 2: What if one person in the marriage doesn't want to sign the papers for a summary divorce? I mean what do I do then? :S

Divorce laws in each state are different. Yes, you can divorce and once you have the decree, use it for the I-751. USCIS undoubtedly will require clear evidence that your official marriage was in good faith. The recent wedding has no legal standing, as you were already married, so they won't care about that. If your spouse doesn't sign the papers, and fails to respond to your petition, the divorce is still decreed by the court.

Edited by Old Dominion

Timeline

Divorce laws in each state are different. Yes, you can divorce and once you have the decree, use it for the I-751. USCIS undoubtedly will require clear evidence that your official marriage was in good faith. The recent wedding has no legal standing, as you were already married, so they won't care about that. If your spouse doesn't sign the papers, and fails to respond to your petition, the divorce is still decreed by the court.

"If your spouse doesn't sign the papers, and fails to respond to your petition, the divorce is still decreed by the court."

Did not get this part. Ok we dont have any kids no joint property no settlement needed, I will do the 751 ALONE but if she refuses to sign the divorce papers, can i STILL get a divorce? Or must both sign it in order for it to be final 6 months after?

thats my last question....

Timeline

In Virginia, at least, and probably many of the states, a full divorce can be granted without the other party signing anything. The intention to divorce is sent to the other party with a date by which that person must respond. If there is no response at all, the case is settled. In some states, a one-year physical separation is required and in others, six months. Without a divorce decree, filing for removal of conditions would be difficult, I'm sure.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Each California County has a web portal - where you can FILE for divorce online.

Have you researched your County Web Portal, yet?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Web portal ? No idea..

Only thing I know is that I done a LOT of research..and the more i've done the MORE confused I get.

I mean I should get a summary divorce, but then i get the advise to do a joint dissolution.

I just dont get it and my reading skills are soo bad when it's to much text.

or wait, is joint dissolution and summary divorce the same thing? :/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Web portal ? No idea..

You should find it. Seriously.

You know the name of your county, right ? Use Some Google_Magic -

goto http://www.google.com

enter

<<county_name>> CA divorce filing in the search text box, replacing <<county_name>> with the name of the county (in CA) where you reside.

The county courthouse or county clerk's office should be on the first 2 pages of results.

A few aquaintences (sp?) of mine, this year, filed via their county web portal. Took about 20 minutes. You really should find YOURS, and review it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.