The_Dude

Do You Believe This?

127 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Gary - Nice try! There is a DIRECT link to you post where you very embarassingly detail your financial situation. Pretty pathetic attempt at backpeddaling.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I could suggest overseas consulting work. BIG salary, 40% overseas bonus, living expenses paid. Tax free (most of it, or ALL of it if you set it up right) You can seriously slam down 10 years US income in 2-3 years.

i can concur on this. when in china i was at 2.5X base salary as a quality manager, had a first class 2000 square apartment furnished like a french whorehouse, and was eligeable for tax exempt, though i always paid fed and state taxes. enough socked away now that i can afford to get thru RNP without working if i want to.

that being said, there are still good jobs in USA. i just turned down a QA mgr job in tennesee that was 85K plus per diem for 6 months, on 4 year contract at a nuke plant refurb. but who wants to live in TN? also would involve rolling back my re-education schedule, and leaving family behind. not worth it.

Gary - Nice try! There is a DIRECT link to you post where you very embarassingly detail your financial situation. Pretty pathetic attempt at backpeddaling.

could be he was already retired and only took a day job to qualify for K1. been done before by many people.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

None needed Julez. Self employed often have very low "income" as much of the amount is written off for business purposes. My cars and home office for example. This is often a problem for very well to do business owners when proving income for the I-134. I fail to see where you think there is a problem with making $55,000+ in a part time job? Not including bonuses. 2007, the year I had to use for the I-134 was one of the years I was basically retired. My concerns for the appearance of one tax return which was not done with the intent of needing it to "prove" income, has nothing to do with my overall financial health.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

85K is kinda low for management, isn't it? Well, I admit I don't know about engineering salaries but if you managed an IT shop you'd get 110K minimum. 150K+ if you worked in NYC.

thas gud money in tennasee boy yew shuf yew mouf! :bonk:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

85K is kinda low for management, isn't it? Well, I admit I don't know about engineering salaries but if you managed an IT shop you'd get 110K minimum. 150K+ if you worked in NYC.

about normal for QA mgt in tenessee. about 10-20% low for boom time central penna. trouble is, manufacturing and construction involving metal products is down 30-50% right now. and that was direct hire, rather than a true self employment contract. IT is and has always been overpaid on the promise that "everybody is gonna make a lot of money on the internet". that old saw has been making the rounds for 15 years, now.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

None needed Julez. Self employed often have very low "income" as much of the amount is written off for business purposes. My cars and home office for example. This is often a problem for very well to do business owners when proving income for the I-134. I fail to see where you think there is a problem with making $55,000+ in a part time job? Not including bonuses. 2007, the year I had to use for the I-134 was one of the years I was basically retired. My concerns for the appearance of one tax return which was not done with the intent of needing it to "prove" income, has nothing to do with my overall financial health.

Any of what you wrote back then hardly equates to being wealthy. Stop pretending to be something that you are not. Its really pathetic.

Filed: Timeline

IT is and has always been overpaid on the promise that "everybody is gonna make a lot of money on the internet". that old saw has been making the rounds for 15 years, now.

Hell yeah. I got out of college right before Y2K, they were hiring us without even knowing what we'd be doing. Good times.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No stocks and no savings yet "very wealthy".

Easy come, easy go, eh?

Sounds like someone has expensive tastes!

Filed: Timeline

IT is and has always been overpaid on the promise that "everybody is gonna make a lot of money on the internet". that old saw has been making the rounds for 15 years, now.

Oh and BTW - we've moved well beyond "everyones gonna make money on the Internet". Now it's all about how IT is gonna help you lay off a whole bunch of people and save on payroll :lol: