one...two...tree

The Economic Case for Extending Unemployment Insurance

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

A perfect example of why extended benefits do not work. I hire people for my company and yesterday I conducted an interview with a person who has been out of work for 16 months.

Me: I see your last position on your resume ended in Feb of 2009, have you been doing any temporary positions or short term positions since that time you have not included on your resume?

Him: No

Me: What things do you find attractive about our company that makes you interested in working here?

Him: Nothing in particular, I just need a job. They finally cut off my unemployment payments so I can't milk them anymore for money

I finished interview, and obviously he did not get hired and yes I discriminated based on laziness.

Filed: Timeline

Me: What things do you find attractive about our company that makes you interested in working here?

Him: Nothing in particular, I just need a job. They finally cut off my unemployment payments so I can't milk them anymore for money

You made that up. No one would answer that interview question like that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Not made up, I pretty much sat in shock when he said it. I have had far worse answers to questions, anyone that has done many interviews will tell you, you hear some pretty strange things sometimes.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not made up, I pretty much sat in shock when he said it. I have had far worse answers to questions, anyone that has done many interviews will tell you, you hear some pretty strange things sometimes.

What kind of work?

Your right, but they aren't creating endless benefits. No new tiers are being added correct?

At some point the benefits have to stop. At that point the left claims the right hates the working class.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I have a friend who has sabotaged her interviews in the past, not on purpose. She has told us about some in the past, and about the questions she asked them during her interview. And then she says, 'I can't find a job!' The rest of us know why after hearing her tales.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

At some point the benefits have to stop. At that point the left claims the right hates the working class.

At some point the partisan doubletalk and one-liners have to stop. Meanwhile the right will continue to claim that that the left hates the rich.

How utterly useless.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Reported.

in all fairness, you drive through 'minority' neighborhoods there's an epidemic of ####### houses, welfare state, and fancy cars....

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Reported.

reporting the truth. if you don't believe me, see for yourself. get to know a social worker in your local families assistance program. they will tell you about it.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Racist comment has been removed along with post quoting same - multiple reports on this one.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

At some point the partisan doubletalk and one-liners have to stop. Meanwhile the right will continue to claim that that the left hates the rich.

How utterly useless.

You meant "ironic" instead of useless, right?

Just checking.

06/18/10 Married

08/12/10 - Day 0 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 (USPS Express Mail)

08/13/10 - Day 1 - Delivery Confirmation at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

08/20/10 - Day 8 - Electronic (E-mail/SMS) confirmation of acceptance/NOA issued for I-130, I-485, I-765

10/09/10 - Day 58 - EAD (I-765) case visible online, others still not showing up.

10/21/10 - Day 70 - Spoke to 2nd-tier support, got a "referral" opened on the biometrics appointment (as in, why isn't there one yet?)

10/29/10 - Day 78 - Biometrics appt letter received (scheduled for November 18 in Alexandria)

11/04/10 - Day 84 - Successful Walk-In Biometrics at Alexandria, VA

11/04/10 - Day 84 - Email/SMS notice of "Card Production Ordered"

11/09/10 - Day 89 - Email/SMS notice of "Card Production Ordered" (same text, same everything, just a second notice)

11/12/10 - Day 92 - Email/SMS notice of "EAD Approved"

11/12/10 - Day 92 - Received EAD card in mail (same day as notification of approval, no other snail mail notices)

12/07/10 - Day 117 - AOS Interview letter received (scheduled for January 10, 2011)

01/10/11 - Day 153 - AOS Interview complete - verbally approved, but we're not believing it until the card shows up.

01/14/11 - Day 157 - Electronic (E-mail/SMS) notification of approval of I-485

01/15/11 - Day 158 - Received notice of I-485 approval in mail

01/18/11 - Day 161 - Received Green Card in mail!