keka

What if im sick?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello again everybody , now im here with a really difficult question . . when i was 20 years old i find in my left breast a little cyst . . im 29 now and i went to the doctor many and they said i have something really normal in woman but of course i need to take care of it . .

As almost all of you now for the interview when are going to get a chest x-ray and im worried for that . .

What IF i have something bad on me? . . i can be denied even if is not a contagious disease??

Of course my fiance knows about this and he told me even if i have something he want to be with me in all of this . . sorry im really so confuse now and scared . . maybe with out reason but just im wondering what can happen . . i can go to the doctor and find again if i have something BUT can i get a k1 visa if im sick??

Thank you and im so sorry for this personal question . . but honestly he is the man of my life and i cant find my self with out him and know he also that why i feel like this . .

:help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

First and foremost, it's going to be ok. You will not be denied for what you are describing! My wife was similarly worried about the medicals, interviews, and documentation required and it all made her worried. From what I understand things like TB (tuberculosis) are a reason for the chest x-ray and you shouldn't feel scared because of a cyst (I understand these are fairly common). You will not be denied for what you describe. Hope this helps, best of luck in your case, I sympathize how scary it is because we felt the same way! It's good to hear your fiance is reassuring, it's not worth the worry in the end. :thumbs:

Hello again everybody , now im here with a really difficult question . . when i was 20 years old i find in my left breast a little cyst . . im 29 now and i went to the doctor many and they said i have something really normal in woman but of course i need to take care of it . .

As almost all of you now for the interview when are going to get a chest x-ray and im worried for that . .

What IF i have something bad on me? . . i can be denied even if is not a contagious disease??

Of course my fiance knows about this and he told me even if i have something he want to be with me in all of this . . sorry im really so confuse now and scared . . maybe with out reason but just im wondering what can happen . . i can go to the doctor and find again if i have something BUT can i get a k1 visa if im sick??

Thank you and im so sorry for this personal question . . but honestly he is the man of my life and i cant find my self with out him and know he also that why i feel like this . .

Hola! I am a bit surprised to hear that your doctors say it's normal and let you live with the cyst instead of removing it :bonk: , but if I understand correctly it is not life threatening, right? One cannot see the cyst at an X-ray. You will pass your medical with flying colors, 'cause the doctors look for contagious, dangerous diseases, tuberculosis and alike; therefore, if you are anemic, your blood pressure is high or have a benign cyst...you will have no problems at all. Good luck with everything!

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Timeline

First and foremost, it's going to be ok. You will not be denied for what you are describing! My wife was similarly worried about the medicals, interviews, and documentation required and it all made her worried. From what I understand things like TB (tuberculosis) are a reason for the chest x-ray and you shouldn't feel scared because of a cyst (I understand these are fairly common). You will not be denied for what you describe. Hope this helps, best of luck in your case, I sympathize how scary it is because we felt the same way! It's good to hear your fiance is reassuring, it's not worth the worry in the end. :thumbs:

:crying: you make me cry with your replay , but thank you so much and yes i feel much better , its son stressful all this . . but really thank you :D i tough i was the only one with this kind of feelings :bonk:

Say hello to your girl :D and thank you again :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Timeline

Hola! I am a bit surprised to hear that your doctors say it's normal and let you live with the cyst instead of removing it :bonk: , but if I understand correctly it is not life threatening, right? One cannot see the cyst at an X-ray. You will pass your medical with flying colors, 'cause the doctors look for contagious, dangerous diseases, tuberculosis and alike; therefore, if you are anemic, your blood pressure is high or have a benign cyst...you will have no problems at all. Good luck with everything!

The last test that i do was 2 years a go and nothing on it just a normal . . he didnt remove it because he said many woman of my age live with it but i know i should check it again ..

Just im so tired and sad . . all this process is really slow and we was lucky! we get the noa2 really fast but i miss him so much he is my family and i feel so lonely with out him . .

Im working with out day off so i think everyhitng is on me now :wacko:

Thank you for your replay :thumbs:

I send a e mail to him with all of this and he replay me back "I WILL MARRY YOU NO MATTER WHAT" :dance: yeaaaa!!

Really thank you for let me start the day with hope :thumbs:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

The last test that i do was 2 years a go and nothing on it just a normal . . he didnt remove it because he said many woman of my age live with it but i know i should check it again ..

Just im so tired and sad . . all this process is really slow and we was lucky! we get the noa2 really fast but i miss him so much he is my family and i feel so lonely with out him . .

I send a e mail to him with all of this and he replay me back "I WILL MARRY YOU NO MATTER WHAT" :dance: yeaaaa!!

Hang in there Keka, the wait will be a short memory when you two are together again.

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

They won`t even see the cyst on the xray and they wont know about it unless they do a breast ultrasound or a mammogram,wich they wont,or unless you tell them bout it.I don`t even think they do a breast check up.And they won`t deny you even if they will know about it.Good luck!

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

ahh, I surely know how you feel! :(

so so cute! isn't love amazing? have a wonderful wedding and beautiful years together! (L)

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Filed: Timeline

First of all, calm down. 9/10 lumps and cysts are not cancerous. If you are worried that you might be sick then you need to get it checked first instead of worrying about the visa. Remember health comes first. Secondly, they are doing an x-ray of your lungs, they will not be checking your chest for cysts. However, during your medical, its advisable to carry doctors reports. A cyst is no reason for a denial.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

They scan your lungs to see if you have any communicable diseases (TBC etc.), not other parts of your body. They check your blood to see if you have any STDs and nothing else.

This said, I quote what DanielParul said: don't worry about your visa, but if you're scared that you might be sick, you should get it checked first.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.