Troncal 2010

QUESTIONS ON FORM DS-156

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Looking at the form DS-156, there are a few questions that they ask, i want to know if someone already filled this form out, what did they put, just of curiosity to know...

Here are the questions on the form DS-156:

QUESTION 32- DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN THE US? (IF YES GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS OF US EMPLOYER)

QUESTION 33- DO YOU INTEND TO STUDY IN THE US? (IF YES GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE SCHOOL)

QUESTION 39- WAS THIS APPLICATION FILLED OUT BY ANOTHER PERSON O YOUR BEHALF?

For question 39, i would have to fill out the form for my fiancee because she does not speak English, what should i do?

Edited by Troncal 2010

Looking at the form DS-156, there are a few questions that they ask, i want to know if someone already filled this form out, what did they put, just of curiosity to know...

QUESTION 32- DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN THE US? (IF YES GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS OF US EMPLOYER)

WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION, EMPLOYER UNKOWN (See example in Example Forms)

QUESTION 33- DO YOU INTEND TO STUDY IN THE US? (IF YES GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE SCHOOL)

If YES - answer yes, School Unkown at this time

I answered YES, with my name and Filled out by my Fiance

For question 39, i would have to fill out the form for my fiancee because she does not speak English, what should i do?

Good luck, we are waiting for our interview appointment date to be assigned in Bogota

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

QUESTION 32- DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN THE US? (IF YES GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS OF US EMPLOYER) NO, the intention-purpose of the K1 visa is to marry

QUESTION 33- DO YOU INTEND TO STUDY IN THE US? (IF YES GIVE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE SCHOOL) NO, he/she can study, but now you don't have that information, no problem if you put NO

For question 39, i would have to fill out the form for my fiancee because she does not speak English, what should i do? mmm Interesting question, IMO, that complicates the thing, because you should show the fill-out form with original signature

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

I think for work and study, they do not care so much for the DS-156 if you are filing a K-1. The DS-156 is a standard department of state non-immigrant visa application used for multiple visa classifications. In fact, my fiance left those two questions blank on purpose because she had the basically the same questions as you. She was expecting to answer them in the interview but she was never asked!

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent: 2010-01-08

I-129F NOA1: 2010-01-11

I-129F NOA2: 2010-03-17

NVC Received: 2010-03-24

Consulate Received: 2010-04-02

Open Appointment Letter Sent: 2010-04-47

Open Appointment Letter Rcvd: 2010-05-21

Medical Exam Date: 2010-06-15

Interview Date: 2010-06-16

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received: 2010-06-17

POE ATL: 2010-09-05

Married!: 2010-10-30

AOS package received: 2010-11-30

Biometrics: 2011-01-13

AOS transferred to CSC: 2011-01-18

EAD card production ordered: 2011-02-09

AP Approved: 2011-02-09

AP Letter Received: 2011-02-12

Green card production ordered: 2011-02-16

Green Card Received!: 2011-02-22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.