Obama 2012

One and Done: The Case For Having Only One Child.

81 posts in this topic

What you wrote, right there, makes absolutely no rational sense.

Hey, what would you know. You don't have an FSU woman so the mysteries of the universe have not been revealed to you.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's a very strange point of view that suggests how having both partners work amounts to some sort of commodification of women, yet describing women from a certain region in terms of generalised characteristics suggestive of traditional gender roles apparently does not.

Weird.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I wouldn't mind having only one. More is fine too, but I don't find it a necessity like my husband.

He is quite firm in his opinion that he would rather have none than only one child.

He does belive a lot of the only child stereotypes.

But the thing is he grew up in an enchanted family with 3 siblings.

I've never seen siblings that love each other this much.

It is sickeningly cute and endearing to hear stories that he used to braid his sister's hair for school and play house with her.

I on the other hand have a douche for a brother :lol:

Much as I love my brother he was useless as a playmate or socializing tool for me growing up because all he did was bully me and farted on my head.

Needless to say I am a strong believer that the way I turned out as a human being had nothing whatsoever to do with my having an older brother to play with and socialize with.

But this oven will make two buns for my husband. Well it will try anyway ;)

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

It does to Gary and that's the most important thing, remember.

He means well. Bless.

No he doesn't. You're a shrewish, conniving, manipulative, money-grubbing, fat, insensitive, masculine, gold-digging, Walmart-shopping, flat-shoe-and-muumuu-wearing harridan because you are from the UK. Jesus, Mags. FOCUS!!!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I wouldn't mind having only one. More is fine too, but I don't find it a necessity like my husband.

He is quite firm in his opinion that he would rather have none than only one child.

It is sickeningly cute and endearing to hear stories that he used to braid his sister's hair for school and play house with her.

Much as I love my brother he was useless as a playmate or socializing tool for me growing up because all he did was bully me and farted on my head.

Needless to say I am a strong believer that the way I turned out as a human being had nothing whatsoever to do with my having an older brother to play with and socialize with.

Farted on your head haha, I had a bratty cousin who would do that kind of thing. And yeah he just annoyed the ####### out of his sister and us cousins when he was young. They don't keep in touch much as adults now. :( Me and my sister were about 2 years apart(me older) and we had mostly fun in life together and still do. True, you can't guarantee that a sibling means your child will have more fun!

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hahaha!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No he doesn't. You're a shrewish, conniving, manipulative, money-grubbing, fat, insensitive, masculine, gold-digging, Walmart-shopping, flat-shoe-and-muumuu-wearing harridan because you are from the UK. Jesus, Mags. FOCUS!!!

Have you been looking through my photos again, Maven?

The cheek!

Words have different meanings, because he says so ;)

Well, of course! He's married to a gorgeous German woman, he knows all.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, of course! He's married to a gorgeous German woman, he knows all.

Surely mean the FSU. Where everything is for sale these days - from ex Soviet army gear to police sirens and lights that you can fit on your car along with a license to ignore the road traffic laws.

If only I took a size 6 shoe, boy wouldn't life be grand.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

If only I took a size 6 shoe, boy wouldn't life be grand.

Me too!

(I'm guessing this is a reference to something from the past here? lol)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Farted on your head haha, I had a bratty cousin who would do that kind of thing. And yeah he just annoyed the ####### out of his sister and us cousins when he was young. They don't keep in touch much as adults now. :( Me and my sister were about 2 years apart(me older) and we had mostly fun in life together and still do. True, you can't guarantee that a sibling means your child will have more fun!

Yeah, he was just a menace through and through:P

We don't have much in common and don't keep in touch much either.

He didn't come to my wedding because he can't survive the long flight halfway around the world without smoking.

And I didn't come to his because he decided to have it 2 months after my wedding so I was obviously in the middle of AOS and can't leave!

Neither of us really cared that the other wasn't there.. But my mom is still heartbroken about it to this day :(

She's also one of those people who believe that just because you're a family you're supposed to get along. :rofl:

But when two people have nothing in common, no amount of shared DNA is going to do anything.

All anyone can do is have the children and try to raise them to be good and happy human beings.

Eventually the kids will grow up to be whoever they want to be..

You can only hope you've equiped them enough to handle the world and life's decisions.

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath