a1v

Waiting for long time for AOS Approval

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

long story short

came in States on k1 we got married, filed for AOS, NOA date is oct 17 2007. had our interview in Feb 2008. Interviewer was ok but serious.. our lawyer was with us.. he asked more questions from my wife(US Citizen) then me actually.

after interview did not hear any thing .. so after few months we went to Infopass and were told that they are waiting for security checks. went to inopass so many times all this time. later they told us that security checks are finished case is under investigation now. (Waited again)

after many months contacted Congressman's office which was early last year. received NOID in August last year.. Send a Explanatory letter with a lot of evidence of us living together and letters from my wife's mom and her physicians about us. its Nearly a year did not hear any thing.. we been going to Infopass they say case is with an officer. and he will get to the file eventually.

Congressman's office just gets the same response which we get on Infopass.

so now we are getting Ombudsman involved in our case(Sent him that 7001 form this weekend). i was thinking if we did right thing or is ombudsman any help? what else can we do...?

Edited by a1v

Wow, that certainly is a long time waiting. It appears you've done all you can do by contacting your congressional representative and now, the USCIS Ombudsman. Not sure if there is anything out of that you can do.

A couple of things I can think of that may be delaying your application is:

1, security and background check

2, or they may have misplaced your file

I'm hoping it's none of those so you guys can get your lives in order.

Best regards and luck to you both6

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Without being able to sit in the immigration officer's chair and see your case file, we can only do what you are doing and guess what is going on. If they had to do an investigation after the security checks then it sounds like they found something that might be a problem, and they aren't going to proceed until they know for certain.

It sounds like you're doing what you can. Contacting your senator's office and the ombudsman. You could also contact your congressman's office, but they probably won't have any more luck than your senator did.

You could take the ball out of their court, to some degree, by filing a lawsuit in a federal court, asking the court to force them to make a decision. However, they might decide to end the lawsuit by using their discretion to deny the AOS. That would put the ball back in their court, and you'd be dealing with USCIS again to appeal the denial.

You could also file a request for them to release your files under the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA). This wouldn't really accelerate your case. At best, it would tell you what the holdup was. At worst, the information you're looking for would be redacted for "national security" purposes.

Other than the above, I think all you can do is wait, hope, and pray. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 1 month later...

Wow, congrats to you and your wife.

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks to Almighty GOD, i received Card production Email today.

Congrats! They should give you a regular 10 year green card, since the marriage was more than two years old when the green card was approved.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats! They should give you a regular 10 year green card, since the marriage was more than two years old when the green card was approved.

Yes, we are so Happy as this weekend is our 3rd Anniversary(Wedding)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.