faithfully

RFE for I-485I-765 application

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! Just got an RFE and it says: "Submit a complete Federal Income Tax Return submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) from the petitioner/sponsor on Form I-864, Affidavit of support for the most recent tax year." Question: What kind of form should I submit? the one I submitted was petitioner's w2 forms from 2007 - 2009. Should I submit the form 1040? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Timeline

Call IRS and have them send you tax transcripts with W2 for last 3 years. They can even fax it to you if you want them faster. Mailed it takes about 10 days.. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Thanks! do we need to pay anything though?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The I-864 requires either a complete copy of the sponsor's most recent tax return, or a transcript from the IRS for the most recent tax year. A W2 is NOT a tax return. It's a wage and withholding statement from an employer. You use a W2 to help prepare a tax return.

If you send a copy of the tax return then it must be a copy of EVERY SINGLE PAGE that was sent to the IRS, including every form, schedule, W2, 1099, or any other piece of paper that was sent to the IRS. If you filed electronically then you have to construct a paper tax return just as it would have been submitted to the IRS. Obviously, a reconstructed return must be signed.

You can call the IRS and request a transcript of the return. There is no charge. It takes about 10 days to receive it. If you send a transcript then you don't need to include W2's, or any other form - just the transcript.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! Just got an RFE and it says: "Submit a complete Federal Income Tax Return submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) from the petitioner/sponsor on Form I-864, Affidavit of support for the most recent tax year." Question: What kind of form should I submit? the one I submitted was petitioner's w2 forms from 2007 - 2009. Should I submit the form 1040? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi! Faithfully,

Understand The Instruction they need from you, Complete Federal Income Tax Return , Most recent Tax year means your Husband 2009 Federal Income Tax Return 1099 & W-2 2009, you can do it ON Line no need to wait for 10 days ,, if your husband Filed Electronic Filing On line and Already Accepted and already signed, Get what you need thru TurboTax.com, Print OUT All the Pages of your husband 2009 Income tax Return , Then Submit to them with W-2 2009, That's All they Need from you. Good Luck.

Kjmel38 :star: : :star::star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you Submitted the Form I -864? If not , That is also they Need from you,that Form must to be Completed by your Husband, together with Your Husband Federal Income Tax Return 2009 All Pages, & W-2. Good Luck Once again.

Kjmel38 :star::star::star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i got the same RFE a month ago

we just submitted a copy of federal income tax form 1040, the whole thing

we had already sent his w2s and 1099s

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

I got the same rfe about a month ago myself. I actually went into my local IRS office and got a tax transcript right then. Its still free you just have to go in and ask for it. Have your id with you and you SS# super easy. Here is the IRS local tax office locator, just type in your zip and it will show you if there is one close to you. http://www.irs.gov/app/officeLocator/index.jsp

Good luck!

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

i got the same RFE a month ago

we just submitted a copy of federal income tax form 1040, the whole thing

we had already sent his w2s and 1099s

I filed mine in 05/18, had my biometrics on 06/24 and got the rfe july 2. It's just weird that i got the rfe after my biometrics. I'm also a bit worried about my sponsor's/joint sponsor's income (my husband didn't make enough last year) since income just made it a little over the bracket. i have my husband's whole tax return papers for 2009 (the one prepared by his tax prepaprer) so i'll just probably send copies of the whole thingand her mom's too since she's the joint sponsor. Thanks for the help guys!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.