chihopeful

Got a Notice of Decision Denied letter

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The reason for the Notice of Decision Denied was because we did not marry within the 3 month window of K1 visa. Due to the 2005 holidays and prior business commitments , we did not realize the 3 month window had passed us by (I know very dumb on our part :wacko: ). We always intended to marry but have ceromonies and celebrate later when we could plan it properly.

We only missed the 3 month window by 3 days. The Notice of Decision states there is no appeal but we can file a motion to reopen with form I290-b. The form seem to be an appeal form which is contrary to the notice. Will we just be throwing away the $385 fee?

Has anyone have experience with this or is there another route to take. Thanks for any guidance. :thumbs:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear this has happened.... you can file for I-130 and AOS together and this will allow you to overcome this problem.... the guide is very good about how to do this...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

this would be quicker than filing a motion to re-open...

Hope this helps

Kezzie

chihopeful

I too am sorry that has happened, but all is not lost. Follow Kezzie's advice and have a read of the link provided. Wishing you all the best.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Just make sure that you dont leave the country as you will not be readmitted. Stay here and go thru the I-130 process.

You didnt know that you had to do it within 90 days??? what were you thinking??

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Thanks for the quick replies.

It was only 3 days! I'm guessing there is no leniency with this?

Some questions:

1. I have to file everything in the above link?

I-130

G-325a

I-864

I-485

I-765 (optional)

I-131 (optional)

2. Can my spouse stay in the US. while this is being processed?

3. All the forms can be filed at the same time?

I'm sure there will be more questions, thanks again for all the help here. This is a great website.

Edited by chihopeful

You will need to file for I-130, G-325a, I-864, I-485, and I-693 (medical exam). I-765 is needed if you intend to work in the states. The I-131 is needed if you intend to leave the country but in your situation it is better that you stay in the country until the case is processed. In addition, all the forms listed above can be filed together and sent to the Chicago Lock box, which is provided on the I-485. Hope this helps and Good Luck on your new journey :thumbs:

Thanks everyone for the guidance. Missing the 90 day window cause me more trouble than anticipated. I think we would have been approved by now if not for this technicality =( It is our fault...

I want to confirm with anyone reading this thread.

1. There is no leniency on this matter

2. Filing the described forms is the quickest route to AOS.

Everyone have a nice weekend.

BTW, This is a great website, how do we support it?

Yes this is your fastest way to get AOS... if you did not marry within the 90 days the only options are to do it this way.... or for your wife to return to her own country and you file for CR1/IR1/K3 and as there is no need for her to leave the US then doing the I-130 and AOS from within the US is the best option for you...

Have a good weekend

Kezzie

chihopeful,

It's not a technicality - it's the law.

Yodrak

Thanks everyone for the guidance. Missing the 90 day window cause me more trouble than anticipated. I think we would have been approved by now if not for this technicality =( It is our fault...

I want to confirm with anyone reading this thread.

1. There is no leniency on this matter

2. Filing the described forms is the quickest route to AOS.

Everyone have a nice weekend.

I cannot believe that they denied you AOS based on missing the 90 day window by 3 days. Meanwhile half of Mexico walks across the border every day and they want to give them amnesty for breaking the law.

Seems like a simple explanation like you could not schedule time at the church, or you had relatives flying in from overseas would have helped. I'm assuming you didn't include that.

Sorry to hear about this, but this is exactly the type of situation that people need to learn from. I'm afraid its going to cost you more time and money.

Edited by mjpyro

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I cannot believe that they denied you AOS based on missing the 90 day window by 3 days.

Well, he gets no sympathy from me. I mean 90 days is a heck of a long time. Most of us know to the day when we have to get married and most have the AOS paperwork completed before our fiancee leaves to come to the U.S. Looks like he will have to pay for not being responsible. No, this does not make the Mexico situation any better but the rules do not say 90 days or as soon as you remember why that non USC is living in your house.

Rich

Edited by LastSurvivor

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

I cannot believe that they denied you AOS based on missing the 90 day window by 3 days.

Where would you make the cutoff?

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It's the people that make it so great. The best thing you can do to support it is to learn as much as you can so that you can help support someone else through the process later.

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the comments, it is what it is and I accept full responsibility.

While working through form I 485, Part 2 Application Type. None of the items apply, what should I indicate for the Adjustment of permanent residence reason???

Is there a particular wording to use in this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Also what do I indicate as the current USCIS staus?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.