cedwards001

RFE

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey guys,

I got an RFE for my I-129F. It is because of the way I included evidence of pictures in the petition. You see, I kept all of the original pictures. I used my office printer to make color photo copies of the pictures front and back because I wrote our names and locations on the back of the pictures. Now I got an RFE asking to submit pictures of me and my fiance together. Has anybody ever had this happen before? I was under the impression that it is ok to submit "copies" of all your evidence which should include pictures. Did I make a mistake by submitting copies instead of original pictures???

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First time hearinmg this one.. easy fix.. go to CVS, walmart or another phot place and have some prints made for them.. they likely misplaced the photos...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

I don't think you made mistake by not sending the originals, but it might be that when you print those pics of front and back after you wrote all the info, there may be suspicion that you might edit something...just my opinion.

I heard of cases that people send in pictures printed on photo paper with label/captions and it was fine.

Just make a set of photocopy of those pics for your record and send in the originals...good luck!!!

Timeline

Hey guys,

I got an RFE for my I-129F. It is because of the way I included evidence of pictures in the petition. You see, I kept all of the original pictures. I used my office printer to make color photo copies of the pictures front and back because I wrote our names and locations on the back of the pictures. Now I got an RFE asking to submit pictures of me and my fiance together. Has anybody ever had this happen before? I was under the impression that it is ok to submit "copies" of all your evidence which should include pictures. Did I make a mistake by submitting copies instead of original pictures???

No, you didn't make a mistake. You can print your pictures on used toilet paper and they'd still accept them. Everybody has a digital camera these days. I printed mine on 4x6 ink jet photo cards, and printed them with my ink jet printer. I just think they look better on glossy paper.

Scott is probably right - they probably lost them.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Maybe the USCIS lost the pictures after all. Oh well. I will just re-print them and submit it again. Thanks for the help guys!

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I had a friend that submitted copied photos on regular paper, it was in color, and they requested new photos. This is in contrast to what happened with Jim, and there is no rule that states it must be photo grade paper or a photo grade printer job. When I filed I remember reading somewhere that the photo proof needed to be of you and your fiancee, untouched, and near a landmark so that they could tell you were with her and it was not a photo crop job, but on the actual instructions to file the I-129 F there were no such demands. I am sure that it will not be a big deal, just send them some new photos, maybe as the others stated they did loose them, but I think you just got your file on the desk of a picky worker. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Great. Another thing that makes me worried :(

I am doing the same thing cwards01 did. I got my pictures developed at Walgreens. Then Thu and I wrote our names on the back of each picture. Then I used my printer at home to scan and copy the pictures front and back and these copies I was going to submit for the petition.

I don't understand. The VJ K1 guides say that you should make original pictures and write your names and locations on the back of each picture and then submit it. I see that some people just by passed this and printed the pictures out on regular paper and added captions.

I can either submit the original picture prints and use some kind of picture holders and slide the pics in there, or I can submit copies of the pictures? Which would be better??

<CARRICK>

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I wrote on the back of actual photos and put them in a ziplock bag that was stapled to a sheet of paper that listed the photo's & info...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Great. Another thing that makes me worried :(

I am doing the same thing cwards01 did. I got my pictures developed at Walgreens. Then Thu and I wrote our names on the back of each picture. Then I used my printer at home to scan and copy the pictures front and back and these copies I was going to submit for the petition.

I don't understand. The VJ K1 guides say that you should make original pictures and write your names and locations on the back of each picture and then submit it. I see that some people just by passed this and printed the pictures out on regular paper and added captions.

I can either submit the original picture prints and use some kind of picture holders and slide the pics in there, or I can submit copies of the pictures? Which would be better??

<CARRICK>

Nobody knows for sure, and Jerome has a good point - a picky adjudicator might reject anything if he/she thinks there's any chance whatever that the picture might have been faked. Anything which reduces the clarity or quality of the picture might make the adjudicator think that the petitioner is trying to cover up the editing job. In reality, it could just be a crappy camera and/or photographer. Many people have used plain paper and printed multiple pics on each page, with captions, and didn't have any problems.

I've had pics printed at Walgreens, and personally I can't tell any difference between those pics and the ones I print myself on ink jet photo paper unless I get them wet - the ink jet printed pics tend to bleed. Note that I only see this with HP printers. I didn't have this problem with Epson printers, but I've never had an Epson ink jet printer that managed to continue working past the expiration of the one year warranty. They make great looking prints, but the reliability sucks. Anyway, different topic...

If you're really concerned then make the most professional looking prints you can. If this means having them printed by a service, then do that.

In order to keep my package organized, I bought some 8.5 x 11 plastic pocket sheets for 4x6 photos. Each had room for three photos. I used the top pocket for a sheet of paper containing the stuff I had printed on every other page of my question 18 attachment - name, petition type, attachment description, and page number. This was because I two-hole punched the sheets for the Acco fastener, and I didn't want to punch through a picture. This definitely added a lot of extra bulk to the package, but you could have bolted my package to a paint shaker and nothing would have shaken loose. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

No, you didn't make a mistake. You can print your pictures on used toilet paper and they'd still accept them. Everybody has a digital camera these days. I printed mine on 4x6 ink jet photo cards, and printed them with my ink jet printer. I just think they look better on glossy paper.

Scott is probably right - they probably lost them.

use toilet paper? that just hella gross :rofl:

41Ihm7.png

Not sure why anyone who has pics with a digital camera doesn't just take extra prints at Walmart, Ritz Camera, Walgreen's, Target, etc... One set for the Visa one for ...etc, etc...

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

I also have a digital camera and sent the ones I wanted copies of online to Walgreens and picked them up the next day. I then wrote on the back the date and what the pics was and then placed them in a baggie and affixed to a paper and folded the paper over it and sent that off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.