closed-20101014

Husband is now complaining to ombudsman

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Is this still happening to other May filers?

My husband is now complaining to the ombudsman. We were fobbed off and fobbed off, told it would take up to 30 days when many people who applied since had an instantaneous online status. Our online status is still that we are enquiring about a case that "does not exist." Since the 30 days are up, they are now telling up instead of it taking up to 30 days, that "it takes time."

Asd I said in my other thread I noticed that everyone who complained about lack of their file on the online system had got NOA1 on May 19th-21st. I'm very worried that a huge error has occurred with those dates.

Is this common? Will the ombudsman do anything?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My husband is now complaining to the ombudsman. We were fobbed off and fobbed off, told it would take up to 30 days when many people who applied since had an instantaneous online status. Our online status is still that we are enquiring about a case that "does not exist." Since the 30 days are up, they are now telling up instead of it taking up to 30 days, that "it takes time."

Asd I said in my other thread I noticed that everyone who complained about lack of their file on the online system had got NOA1 on May 19th-21st. I'm very worried that a huge error has occurred with those dates.

Has the check been cashed? Which forms did you send in? Have you made sure the packet was complete and everything signed?

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Has the check been cashed? Which forms did you send in? Have you made sure the packet was complete and everything signed?

Yes they did. I don't wanrt to relist them. We had everything right. We received NOA1 dated 19th as did 2 other people on this forum with NOA1 dates for 19th-21st. Those people have nothing on the system either. It seems I;'m the only one who is taking this DEADLY SERIOUSLY.

Edited by Shirorisu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

In our case the ombudsman did nothing for us. I wrote to them telling them my husband has been stuck in name check for his AOS for over 2 years and something needs to be done about this. They sent me a letter saying give us 90 days to check into the matter. The second letter I recieved from them 90 days letter told me...your husbands case is delayed due to the fbi name check hit. OH REALLY?

Let me get this straight. You have NOA1. So you obviously have a case number from USCIS. When you go to USCIS check status page, and you look for the case number, it says the case doesn't exist? Is that correct? What happens if you try to check the status of the case through USCIS phone number? Do you also get case doesn't exist message?

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Let me get this straight. You have NOA1. So you obviously have a case number from USCIS. When you go to USCIS check status page, and you look for the case number, it says the case doesn't exist? Is that correct? What happens if you try to check the status of the case through USCIS phone number? Do you also get case doesn't exist message?

What is the USCIS number so I can check we are calling the same one?

They tell us they have our case (the people we call) but unlike most people on here we cannot see if it's been looked at, all they will tell us is that the case has been accepted.

I have done everything right with signing up for online updates and it still says case does not exist.

Timeline

What is the USCIS number so I can check we are calling the same one?

They tell us they have our case (the people we call) but unlike most people on here we cannot see if it's been looked at, all they will tell us is that the case has been accepted.

I have done everything right with signing up for online updates and it still says case does not exist.

It's going to be ok then. If they say it is accepted then it is. There's other cases where they weren't able to see them online for up to 30 days. With K1, there is no risk you will lose status if you don't show up for a biometrics like there is with adjusting status or removing conditions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes they did. I don't wanrt to relist them. We had everything right. We received NOA1 dated 19th as did 2 other people on this forum with NOA1 dates for 19th-21st. Those people have nothing on the system either. It seems I;'m the only one who is taking this DEADLY SERIOUSLY.

hello Shirorisu,

I am in the same pod. i filed in may as well.. it is more than 30 days. i went checked online and called phone #...it state that "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283." i am also worried and taking this very seriously... visajourney memebers have told me to wait until 4 to 6 months for NOA2 and told me prepare other documents until i receive noa2.. please let me know what are your actions regarding this. i have not contacted anyone to take this further. see below for filed date.. i am gald to found u in the same situation however i dont know how to comfort us...

see link for my posting on this matter: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/262226-what-do-i-do-next/page__pid__4025034#entry4025034

i am hoping for the best.

Edited by rsan

Marriage : 2010-02-19

I-130 Sent : 2010-05-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-05-19

Timeline

hello Shirorisu,

I am in the same pod. i filed in may as well.. it is more than 30 days. i went checked online and called phone #...it state that "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283." i am also worried and taking this very seriously... visajourney memebers have told me to wait until 4 to 6 months for NOA2 and told me prepare other documents until i receive noa2.. please let me know what are your actions regarding this. i have not contacted anyone to take this further. see below for filed date.. i am gald to found u in the same situation however i dont know how to comfort us...

see link for my posting on this matter: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/262226-what-do-i-do-next/page__pid__4025034#entry4025034

rsan, The systems were down quite a bit in mid-May. My husband's GC is dated 5/13, there were card productions ordered on 5/17 and 5/21. The first we knew we were approved was 5/21 when I got a text (and email) telling me to check the site. It said card production ordered on 5/17.

My guess is that you and several others on VJ had their paperwork received during a time when the USCIS employees were not able to get everything linked in the customer login website. I would assume that they will correct the problem in 60-90 days when someone actually gets your file to review.

The situation sucks, but I just wanted to let you know that it is probably going to be ok. The only thing you can do is keep your NOA1 somewhere safe and take screenshots of the status issue so that you have a record of it.

I have to wonder what you are thinking an Ombudsman can do ? you are dealing with the USA not your home country... PLEASE fill in your timeline ... :hehe:

2007-08-21Met through dating site

2007-10-12Hubby's first visit/met me and picked him up in Davao International Airport

2007-10-17Officially engaged to my one and only love hubby & formally proposed in front of my family

2007-10-22Flew back to the US

2008-02-022nd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Cebu International Airport

2008-02-04Went into the US embassy Cebu to get his certificate of legal capacity

2008-02-05Flew back together into Davao City and drove to Tagum City

2008-02-27Our awaited precious moment the WEDDING DAY!!!!

2008-03-04Hubby Flew back to the US

2009-05-013rd visit of my hubby and picked him up at Hong Kong International Airport

2009-05-02We went to Hong Kong disneyland (pretty amazing)

2009-05-03Flew back together into Manila and got his balikbayan visa to stay here with me for one year

2009-12-24First time we celebrate together the Christmas Eve (very much awesome!)

2009-12-31First time we celebrate together the New Years Eve (very much happy)

2010-01-07We celebrate together on his Birthday!

2010-01-15Celebrate together on his cutie wifey Birthday!

2010-01-25Sent I-130

2010-01-27Manila consulate received

2010-03-31I-130 approved(66 days)

2010-04-15NOA2 received

2010-04-22Packet 3 received(YaY)

2010-04-24DS230I & DS2001 Sent

2010-04-26Manila consulate received

2010-05-06Packet 4 received(Yepeyy)

2010-05-26-MEDICAL 7:00am(Passed)

2010-06-17-INTERVIEW 7:00 AM VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you Lord !!!

2010-06-19 Recieved passport with visa via Air21 so fastttttt !!

2010-07-16 POE Detroit

2010-07-26 Recieved SS card

hello Shirorisu,

Your NOA1 was May 19th. You are the FOURTH person I have found now just on this forum with no online status who got NOA1 on 19th-21st. Have you rang them up at all? They say they have our case and nothing is wrong but I don't know if I can believe them. This is very concerning because everyone who got NOA1 after the 22nd has online status, many have touches... many who filed in June have the status and touches, we can't see our case!

As for the timeline... why update what we cannot see! No touches and all we have is the phoneline, all they say is they "have our case" - won't tell us if the date was updated as a touch, won't tell us anything! I'm so miserable about this and I am considering cancelling and reapplying.

If we can somehow make a bulk statement to the ombudsman maybe something will be done?

The two other people still don't have a progress update in sig so I assume they still havde nothing on the website.

http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm My husband sent the form in here.

We hacve tried telling the phoneline employees that other people from these dates are affected and we can see it is only these dates. Still thdey tell us "it takes time."

It has taken no time at all for people right up to those who got NOA1 THIS WEEK!

It's extremely frustrating... we don;'t know what to do, if our case is deloayed or what. We know nothing as to whether this will effect the time it takes or what. We don't know whether to reapply because the issue is plainly a problem with the dates this was accessed on and NOT our visa application!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.