AKguy

Flight from E-Burg>Prague>Frankfurt>US

37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe there is more to it, Gary. We, as Americans, shouldn't have a problem. I've been through 2 EU countries (Prague and Amsterdam) before going to and coming back from Russia. The problem resides with the country the passenger is a citizen of. That's what I gather anyway.

Exactly, we as Americans can enter the EU (Schengen Travel Area) without a visa.... a privilege not afforded to everyone

YMMV

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, we as Americans can enter the EU (Schengen Travel Area) without a visa.... a privilege not afforded to everyone

What I was thinking, reading the last few posts.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Very good explanation Pay. I had wondered as I have been through several airports and was never asked for any ID, but this explains it, I never went through TWO EU airports on the same trip.

Incidentally, Sergey came through Zurich on his way from Moscow and had no problems at all...again though, only ONE EU country.

Although Switzerland IS a member of the Schengen treaty for free movement between states, Switzerland is NOT a member of the EU.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I believe there is more to it, Gary. We, as Americans, shouldn't have a problem. I've been through 2 EU countries (Prague and Amsterdam) before going to and coming back from Russia. The problem resides with the country the passenger is a citizen of. That's what I gather anyway.

You as American have no problems because US Passport holders are authorized to enter any European country (EU and non-EU, except some eastern European countries) for 90 days without a visa. Some other passport holders (like Russians) are not so lucky. Therefore, they are required visas if they intend to cross the free movement zone.

As an American citizen your passport usually gets stamped at passport control at the airport when you go from one terminal to the other to take the flight to the second Schengen country, but no questions gets asked due to the non-requirement for visas.

"If there were no borders, there would not be a need for visas."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I have spent several over-nights in Frankfurt, Prague and Munich. My usual mode was to go to the city (which Anna cannot do obviously) and enjoy the city until the wee hours and then go back to the airport and wait at the gate until my flight. When I have to leave early in the morning I am too afraid to go to a hotel as I would fall asleep and never wake up in time.

The point of this is...no one has ever asked me for an ID while in any of those airports except leaving and re-entering. As long as I stayed inthe secure area, no questions asked. Of course, as an American I do not need a visa but how do they know I am American?

I think if she just stays in the secure area, she will be fine.

problem is in Frankfurt they like to check you into customs and back out again for flight connections. So if you have to change terminals for connection this could be big issue. I am US Citizen and was hassled in Germany because Polish visa stamps were on different pages and the Customs guy thought I had stayed in EU for over 6 months.

Privilege? We're Americans, we have RIGHTS!

We have the right to do anything we want, anywhere we want, and anytime we want because, dammit, we're Americans!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Privilege? We're Americans, we have RIGHTS!

We have the right to do anything we want, anywhere we want, and anytime we want because, dammit, we're Americans!

Exactly the sort of statement that makes us loved and respected by all, around the world :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.