BK21

Hi, new here

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi

I have been around for a while absorbing all the good info you guys give.

I am a naturalized USC since 2003 and want to bring my spouse of many years and my 2 kids here.I am thinking of going the K3/K4 route than the I 130.

The income tax returns that i have to show are filed married filing single.But someone told me recently that the filing status should be single since my spouse is not with me.Which is correct?

Secondly the birth certificates issued in India do not have the new born child's name on it, just the mother and father's name.I heard Immigration needs the child's name on the BC.How to resolve this issue?

I would appreciate your replies.And you will see a lot of me around.

Thanks again.

USCIS

10/04/10 - filed for I-130

2/14/11 - I-130 approved in 148 days

NVC

3/23/11 - NVC case number assigned

3/23/11 - Called NVC and gave email addresses to be added to case

3/26/11 - DS-3032 form received.

3/26/11 - Paid AOS fees online.

3/30/11 - AOS package received by NVC

4/8/11 - DS-230 Package IV fee payment option available, paid same day.

4/12/11 - Package IV fees shows as Paid. Mailed Package IV documents

4/14/11 - Package IV delivered to NVC.

4/26/11 - SIF!!

6/7/2011- Interview date

6/7/2011= Received 221g asking for co-sponsor

7/7/2011-VISA APPROVED

Living the American life with family and loving it :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi

I am a naturalized USC since 2003 and want to bring my spouse of many years and my 2 kids here.I am thinking of going the K3/K4 route than the I 130.

The income tax returns that i have to show are filed married filing single.But someone told me recently that the filing status should be single since my spouse is not with me.Which is correct?

Secondly the birth certificates issued in India do not have the new born child's name on it, just the mother and father's name.I heard Immigration needs the child's name on the BC.How to resolve this issue?

Thanks again.

Yes, birth certificates will need the name of the parents and the child. K3 is effectively dead since February. You'll be taking the IR1 and IR2 route. Start by clicking on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi

Thanks again.

Married is married....whether your spouse is here or not... just to clarify... it is married filing separate not married filing single

Do you know you could have possibly filed married filing joint? in many cases it makes a big difference

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi

1.)I am a naturalized USC since 2003 and want to bring my spouse of many years and my 2 kids here.I am thinking of going the K3/K4 route than the I 130.

2.)The income tax returns that i have to show are filed married filing single.But someone told me recently that the filing status should be single since my spouse is not with me.Which is correct?

3.)Secondly the birth certificates issued in India do not have the new born child's name on it, just the mother and father's name.I heard Immigration needs the child's name on the BC.How to resolve this issue?

Thanks again.

1.) K3/K4 is dead they did away with it this year. look into the IR1 you will have to file I-130

2.) As long as you have filed your taxes you will be ok, I personally filed single even though through my employeer I have I am married.

3.) It is very common that the birth certificate wont contain the name of the child... you will have to get this resolved... very simple you would just go to the place where they issue copies of Birth Certificates and get the name of the child on the BC. My Husband had to get his BC corrected after they misspelled his Fathers name.... If you need the exact name of the place let me know, I am not sure where you are located but if it is in Delhi I could tell you exactly where to go

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the responses people. I was thinking of filing I 130 and asking for a K3 visa just to make them come here quicker.

Also you said "Do you know you could have possibly filed married filing joint? in many cases it makes a big difference "' Can you please elaborate.

USCIS

10/04/10 - filed for I-130

2/14/11 - I-130 approved in 148 days

NVC

3/23/11 - NVC case number assigned

3/23/11 - Called NVC and gave email addresses to be added to case

3/26/11 - DS-3032 form received.

3/26/11 - Paid AOS fees online.

3/30/11 - AOS package received by NVC

4/8/11 - DS-230 Package IV fee payment option available, paid same day.

4/12/11 - Package IV fees shows as Paid. Mailed Package IV documents

4/14/11 - Package IV delivered to NVC.

4/26/11 - SIF!!

6/7/2011- Interview date

6/7/2011= Received 221g asking for co-sponsor

7/7/2011-VISA APPROVED

Living the American life with family and loving it :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the responses people. I was thinking of filing I 130 and asking for a K3 visa just to make them come here quicker.

K3 is dead... cant be used or asked for

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Also you said "Do you know you could have possibly filed married filing joint? in many cases it makes a big difference "' Can you please elaborate.

Welcome to VJ! :)

To file married, filing jointly, you would need to get her an ITIN number (Form W-7), and use that instead of a social security number. If you file married, filing jointly, you get a bigger deduction on your taxes. If your wife works, you will need to file a form (forget the form number) to exclude her income, when you file your return. You can probably get better info regarding taxes on the regional forum that covers India. Good luck.

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.