39 posts in this topic

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Good Wife's Guide

I guess I will have to print that and tape it to the refrigerator. Wife has some studying to do. LOL

That's funny. The guys here at work were talking about taping to their refridgerators too. Most admitted they never will. One said he'll put it on his fridge until Sunday. His wife returns from a trip on Monday.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Timeline

Didn't someone post this not too long ago?

Blah blah blah how sexist! yadda yadda well I never...! etc etc.

yeah yeah now get back in the kitchen! :P

Time for some new jokes, Charlie. ;)

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

No that comment wasnt necessary but I am sure was made in jest. That article is still in effect for lots of stringent Christian homes today. I know because of my ex in laws lol!! Honestly....they still abide by those standards. Now for me personally lol, yes I like to have meals ready for Ian when he gets home, yes I like a clean home, yes I understand that he has been busy at work and most likely was a hard day at work. I appreciate all that he does to provide for us as a family unit. BUT....although he is the master of the house, I do question some of the things he says...but in a tactful and RESPECTFUL way...UNLESS I think that whatever he is saying is way off base and needs some rethinking or he needs to come off the drug he is smoking to think he can make such comments what have you...Yes, I am a traditionalist to some extent, but also like some modern way of thinking thrown in there. It will be interesting to see how things go when I start working full time lol and he is home before me haha...

LJ

I don't think that's a Christian thing...I think it's a living in a time warp thing...

LMFAO...I love ya Lisa...come to NY sometime and I will take you the ex in laws church...you will see for yourself...born again christians...oh man oh man...you will see first hand why I had to get outta there...one of my best friends said that she was surprised I lasted as long as I did with that family...

Right but what I'm sayin is not all BAC believe this at all....just cos some do doesn't make it a Christian thing...I'm sure your inlaws are what you say they are, but I wouldn't attribute this attitude to Christianity..

I haven't met one BAC family that DOESN'T believe in that...I think that if you ask, the majority of BAC families would say that those beliefs are taught in church. Women belong at home taking care of the children etc etc...

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

No that comment wasnt necessary but I am sure was made in jest. That article is still in effect for lots of stringent Christian homes today. I know because of my ex in laws lol!! Honestly....they still abide by those standards. Now for me personally lol, yes I like to have meals ready for Ian when he gets home, yes I like a clean home, yes I understand that he has been busy at work and most likely was a hard day at work. I appreciate all that he does to provide for us as a family unit. BUT....although he is the master of the house, I do question some of the things he says...but in a tactful and RESPECTFUL way...UNLESS I think that whatever he is saying is way off base and needs some rethinking or he needs to come off the drug he is smoking to think he can make such comments what have you...Yes, I am a traditionalist to some extent, but also like some modern way of thinking thrown in there. It will be interesting to see how things go when I start working full time lol and he is home before me haha...

LJ

I don't think that's a Christian thing...I think it's a living in a time warp thing...

LMFAO...I love ya Lisa...come to NY sometime and I will take you the ex in laws church...you will see for yourself...born again christians...oh man oh man...you will see first hand why I had to get outta there...one of my best friends said that she was surprised I lasted as long as I did with that family...

Right but what I'm sayin is not all BAC believe this at all....just cos some do doesn't make it a Christian thing...I'm sure your inlaws are what you say they are, but I wouldn't attribute this attitude to Christianity..

I haven't met one BAC family that DOESN'T believe in that...I think that if you ask, the majority of BAC families would say that those beliefs are taught in church. Women belong at home taking care of the children etc etc...

I know many BACs who don't subscribe to this at all. In fact, not one of them does...Perhaps its a regional thing

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Yeah, this was posted a while ago and it's not even accurate...someone found it on snopes.com or something like that. It was minorly shocking the first time I saw it. Now it's just old news...yawn!

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Yeah, this was posted a while ago and it's not even accurate...someone found it on snopes.com or something like that. It was minorly shocking the first time I saw it. Now it's just old news...yawn!

That doesn't mean it can't be taped to the fridge.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

That doesn't mean it can't be taped to the fridge.

I actually don't have a problem with most of it except the parts about the kids and my concerns. I think the kids are his kids too and he should know them for who they are, not some dressed up picture of them, and I would hope that my concerns, particularly if they're dealing with his household and family, would be important to him. Other than that, I have no problem cooking/cleaning/looking cute, whatever...especially if that's what I'm staying home to do.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Other Timeline

goodwife.jpg

apparently the writer of that article was muslim, as shown by the last line

was that reply really necessary?

Yes, and I thought it was funny. Take a chill pill.

"Anyone who says the pen is mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

LJ

I know many BACs who don't subscribe to this at all. In fact, not one of them does...Perhaps its a regional thing

same here...and I know hundreds and hundreds(possibly thousands) of "born again" Christians (still not sure how that term became a weird thing, it just means a Christian! Jesus said "you must be born again", not a weird philosophy, it just means accepting Him in your life to change you and give you a new start). For a lot of them, both parents have to work to pay the bills, and there are many women who have a much higher paid career than their husbands. I am a housewife because I want to be, and we are blessed that we can live on Sujeet's income alone. But still I am not a very good house cleaner. :lol: I cook good though!! I have worked though and Sujeet would never oppose to me working.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

same here...and I know hundreds and hundreds(possibly thousands) of "born again" Christians (still not sure how that term became a weird thing, it just means a Christian! Jesus said "you must be born again", not a weird philosophy, it just means accepting Him in your life to change you and give you a new start). For a lot of them, both parents have to work to pay the bills, and there are many women who have a much higher paid career than their husbands. I am a housewife because I want to be, and we are blessed that we can live on Sujeet's income alone. But still I am not a very good house cleaner. :lol: I cook good though!! I have worked though and Sujeet would never oppose to me working.

Same with us. Though I do think it's better for the woman to stay home with the children, if possible.

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin