Peace....

Proof of this evidence anywhere?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So, I have just been browsing around certain forums since I joined this June. There is something that is bothering me so bad and I would love to find out if there is any truth to this. I read a few comments from some VJ members here and they commented that maybe some of the reasons for being denied a visa is that the government may have used there personal log in id's and found information pertaining to there personal computer use on such things as MSN chats, yahoo, skype, emails, websites they may have visited including dating sites, etc. and so forth. Any ways, they were looking to find out about that individual and see exactly what there intentions were.

Well first of all, this seems to be almost impossible. How would they even find one's personal id to use to log in? So many of us, have more than one id and have changed it over the years over and over. Second, lots of families have more than one user on the computer (including friends) and some may even use one's id to log in. How can the government place sole responsibility on the person being interviewed at a consulate and prove that this person was responsible for viewing websites, etc.

It is just so hard to believe that so many people are requesting visa's and the government has the time to do all this. It just seems a big waste of time and money for this to happen, but that is just my opinion.

So that is my thoughts for the day.....

Have a good day!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

They do not do it routinely I think, other than maybe quickly googling your name before the interview to see what comes up. For example if you go for a K1 interview and your public Facebook account says you are single, that may rise an eyebrow. I have heard of rare cases where the CO at the interview asked the beneficiary for their username and password to sites to check on them; I doubt they'd hack into your accounts..

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
:no:

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

They use a service called lexis-nexus and that service pretty much finds everything one you from any site or posting that you have ever done since forever. There is also another site they use that can and does see every bill and service you belong to and addresses you have lived at and so on. Just to go on some of these sites one can see from the public viewing the dates that you were last on and things like that and that can be very telling. I happened to have a friend that was using lexis-nexus for research and she pulled up info on me that embarrassed me. It was old and I had forgotten I even had even been signed up on those sites and even had that user name. Glad that it didn't bear on my visa try. I could see where they may find some info that may make them have doubts after this. Be careful where else you may be posting and having fun at while going through this process.

They use a service called lexis-nexus and that service pretty much finds everything one you from any site or posting that you have ever done since forever. There is also another site they use that can and does see every bill and service you belong to and addresses you have lived at and so on. Just to go on some of these sites one can see from the public viewing the dates that you were last on and things like that and that can be very telling. I happened to have a friend that was using lexis-nexus for research and she pulled up info on me that embarrassed me. It was old and I had forgotten I even had even been signed up on those sites and even had that user name. Glad that it didn't bear on my visa try. I could see where they may find some info that may make them have doubts after this. Be careful where else you may be posting and having fun at while going through this process.

Something illegal in both Aus and Canada might I add. No private company is permitted to store anything without your explicit permission, selling it to another is punishable by up to a one million fine [per offense] and or prison. Canada's laws go even further, to the point where once you seize doing business with a company, they have to remove your account too.

Of course, in the US, you geniuses are too busy worried about the Government and have left the private sector to do as they please.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

So that is my thoughts for the day.....

Have a good day!

These people are paranoid or have submitted a crappy application and trying to make excuses. The immigration department would not have the time or resources to go investigate things like this. If they are suspicious, they will simply RFE.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Timeline

These people are paranoid or have submitted a crappy application and trying to make excuses. The immigration department would not have the time or resources to go investigate things like this. If they are suspicious, they will simply RFE.

I totally agree with Booyah on this one.