Angel Eyes Yuseef

New to experience's of Egypt's Embassy

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I feel a little odd. I have had most of my experience's with Morocco's consulate. And they have done a lot of changing.

But anyway, I have abandan(spelling) my dreams and unreal expectations of Morocco. I know that already filing for a visa can make other visa's harder in the future.

But my real question is I know that Egypt is a really hard Embassy. But as many of you have gone through this experience already, i was hoping you could clear my confusion. I am not going to jump into anything. Just fact gathering.

I not sure what would be the best way to go on a visa there. I know K-1 is a good choice. But I have heard that Egypt has done away with K-3 and only doing cr-1/ ir-1. So that is confusing. And I am just not sure what to expect on any of those visa choices.

For the most part I just want to meet my old friend that has turned into the best thing for me. And if marriage is the best that will be decided later. If fiance is a good option that will be good too. I guess i just want general opinions on each visa and experiences.

Thanks in advance

Edited by norielorie

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I hate to be judgmental or sound judgmental but do you think it's a smart thing to go from one international love thing to the next? You were just dealing with the Moroccan consulate not two months ago, now you want to know how hard of an embassy Egypt is? I'm really confused. It's as if men were interchangeable like a pair of old socks. I'm not only confused but I find this very disturbing. I normally don't get involved in this sort of drama on this board but I'm really, honestly disturbed by the quickness of this. Not only that but I noticed in your profile you have children, is this something you want to put them through again? Is that healthy? I know this is none of my business but since you did ask this on a forum I'm going to comment. Are there not any men in your local area you can meet instead? Or even in the US? I have a feeling you are impatient and maybe a local man would be a better way to go?

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

I hate to be judgmental or sound judgmental but do you think it's a smart thing to go from one international love thing to the next? You were just dealing with the Moroccan consulate not two months ago, now you want to know how hard of an embassy Egypt is? I'm really confused. It's as if men were interchangeable like a pair of old socks. I'm not only confused but I find this very disturbing. I normally don't get involved in this sort of drama on this board but I'm really, honestly disturbed by the quickness of this. Not only that but I noticed in your profile you have children, is this something you want to put them through again? Is that healthy? I know this is none of my business but since you did ask this on a forum I'm going to comment. Are there not any men in your local area you can meet instead? Or even in the US? I have a feeling you are impatient and maybe a local man would be a better way to go?

I agree with 'je veux ton amour' , why are you even thinking of jumping to another so soon? I have had issues with the Moroccan Consulate, but we are not giving up.. When couples "jump around" like you apparently are thinking of doing, this adds a bad mark for those of us dealing with Morocco and your actions can make it harder for those of us who do have real love and want a life together! Whether filing a K1/CR1, is not a matter to be taken lightly.. I hope you will think your situation through and as mentioned maybe you should just find someone close to home..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like you have no issue now apart from maybe air fare.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I agree. If you were in a relationship not too long ago then why not just take some time to enjoy single life and time with your kids. If you are still not over dealing with the US consulate in Morocco and ready to jump into another serious relationship, this might just be a rebound phase. Give yourself time, moreover, give your kids a break. Good Luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I feel a little odd. I have had most of my experience's with Morocco's consulate. And they have done a lot of changing.

But anyway, I have abandan(spelling) my dreams and unreal expectations of Morocco. I know that already filing for a visa can make other visa's harder in the future.

But my real question is I know that Egypt is a really hard Embassy. But as many of you have gone through this experience already, i was hoping you could clear my confusion. I am not going to jump into anything. Just fact gathering.

I not sure what would be the best way to go on a visa there. I know K-1 is a good choice. But I have heard that Egypt has done away with K-3 and only doing cr-1/ ir-1. So that is confusing. And I am just not sure what to expect on any of those visa choices.

For the most part I just want to meet my old friend that has turned into the best thing for me. And if marriage is the best that will be decided later. If fiance is a good option that will be good too. I guess i just want general opinions on each visa and experiences.

Thanks in advance

Not to be harsh...but your K-1 was just denied right before mine. And you swore he was such a good guy. Then after a brief visit, he wasn't what you wanted. My suggestion is before you decide which visa to apply for....try to get to know the guy. Visit a few times and make sure of what you really want. Maybe take some time to yourself first. This is very serious....the rest of your life stuff. But I do wish you the best whatever you ultimately decide.

-Tracy

:thumbs: Also, I can't help but think that situations like these make it harder on others. CO's see situations like this, and become jaded and cynical.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh definitely, I can see how this would affect the CO's opinions/decisions on relationships going through the various consulates. Relationships like all of ours go through a lot of scrutiny as is, being wishy washy about who you "love" from one month to the next sure doesn't help.

:thumbs: Also, I can't help but think that situations like these make it harder on others. CO's see situations like this, and become jaded and cynical.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks in advance

Not to get into your business of your previous relationships, but the embassy in Egypt can be quite tricky too. If you read up on some of the past interviews that people have had, you can see this and decide for yourself.

As for going for another visa journey, it is really up to you if and what kind of visa you want your love interest to go after. All I can say the more visits to Egypt and showing a real relationship with him will help with any VJ you decide to go with.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Well that is a good question and I am not offended. As it may sound like jumping from one thing to another, you don't know anything about my previous relationship. And our visa was denied back in october. So there is 7 months. My relationship was very rocky for the last year and half. So when he started pushing me away, the feelings kind of just left too. And as i stated i just started this relationship and i have not decided on anything. I am just asking questions to make a valid decision in my and children future. If local men in the USA turned me on i would of never dated abroad in the first place. I was just asking a question to be prepared. Not even going to met this man for at least a year. But i can be aware of my choices.

I agree with 'je veux ton amour' , why are you even thinking of jumping to another so soon? I have had issues with the Moroccan Consulate, but we are not giving up.. When couples "jump around" like you apparently are thinking of doing, this adds a bad mark for those of us dealing with Morocco and your actions can make it harder for those of us who do have real love and want a life together! Whether filing a K1/CR1, is not a matter to be taken lightly.. I hope you will think your situation through and as mentioned maybe you should just find someone close to home..

Havn't jumped around. As I already stated. I was thinking about this, and was only asking a question. My decision with my relationship of my previous Moroccan had nothing to do with the visa or process or being denied. It had every thing to do with him and how he treated me.

Also, on one of the forms (maybe the biographic), one of the questions asked is who have you petitioned for in the past. I imagine the consulate in Egypt would look very closely at your past petition for the Moroccan guy.

Have you met the Egyptian guy in person?

I agree. If you were in a relationship not too long ago then why not just take some time to enjoy single life and time with your kids. If you are still not over dealing with the US consulate in Morocco and ready to jump into another serious relationship, this might just be a rebound phase. Give yourself time, moreover, give your kids a break. Good Luck!

Wow, not a serious relationship. Just started a new adventure. Just asking about my options if i decide to futher my relationship in the future.

Not to be harsh...but your K-1 was just denied right before mine. And you swore he was such a good guy. Then after a brief visit, he wasn't what you wanted. My suggestion is before you decide which visa to apply for....try to get to know the guy. Visit a few times and make sure of what you really want. Maybe take some time to yourself first. This is very serious....the rest of your life stuff. But I do wish you the best whatever you ultimately decide.

-Tracy

My visa was denied back in October. I revisited to save a unsavable relationship. You and I discussed only the minor issue of our relationship. I have 2 years of bad experiences. I only asked a question to think about my options if i decided to go this route in the future. Nothing set in stone at this point. My previous relationship really had nothing to do with my question I askd.

Oh definitely, I can see how this would affect the CO's opinions/decisions on relationships going through the various consulates. Relationships like all of ours go through a lot of scrutiny as is, being wishy washy about who you "love" from one month to the next sure doesn't help.

Let me make it clear i have no desire to get serious at this point. Can not even make a trip to met him if i wanted to for at least a year. And then and only then would i even consider making a decision. As going through this already, I know what to except and adda adda. No where in my post did i say i was going now to have a serious relationship. I only asked about options, if i only choose to go this route in the later future. I did not judge you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.