Angel Eyes Yuseef

New to experience's of Egypt's Embassy

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Not to get into your business of your previous relationships, but the embassy in Egypt can be quite tricky too. If you read up on some of the past interviews that people have had, you can see this and decide for yourself.

As for going for another visa journey, it is really up to you if and what kind of visa you want your love interest to go after. All I can say the more visits to Egypt and showing a real relationship with him will help with any VJ you decide to go with.

Thank you for your kindness. I do plan on researching the best i can. I just had heard several things from being on VJ for a long time. I am only thinking about things at this stage of the journey. NO one knows what happened with my other realtionship, or when our relationship ended. I just want to be prepared if i decide to go this route.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, on one of the forms (maybe the biographic), one of the questions asked is who have you petitioned for in the past. I imagine the consulate in Egypt would look very closely at your past petition for the Moroccan guy.

Have you met the Egyptian guy in person?

I am more then sure they will look closely to who i have petition for in the past. I actually have know the guy a long time. But not met him, and have no plans to, till at least next year. But this gives me more time to get to know him and have a plan of action if we get to that point

Norielorie,

It's hard to understand your comment about men in the US not "turning you on". There's a lot of diversity in the US. Egyptians, Moroccans here in the US also.

You say that the denial in Morocco was 7 months ago, but weren't you interested in fighting the denial after that? Seems like you posted things after the denial about fighting the denial, etc. So, it would be less than the 7 months from ending one relationship to asking about petitioning someone else. So, I'm sure you can understand how annoying this all sounds to those of us who are fighting to have our loved ones here with us - especially knowing that the situation you described is one that causes co's to be more skeptical and cynical about our relationships.

Norielorie,

It's hard to understand your comment about men in the US not "turning you on". There's a lot of diversity in the US. Egyptians, Moroccans here in the US also.

You say that the denial in Morocco was 7 months ago, but weren't you interested in fighting the denial after that? Seems like you posted things after the denial about fighting the denial, etc. So, it would be less than the 7 months from ending one relationship to asking about petitioning someone else. So, I'm sure you can understand how annoying this all sounds to those of us who are fighting to have our loved ones here with us - especially knowing that the situation you described is one that causes co's to be more skeptical and cynical about our relationships.

This is the thing I did fight after the denial. I called senators, hired a lawyer. They sent the petition back to the US. A returned petition takes 4-6 months to get back to the US. And then takes at least 16 months to even be reviewed by the USCIS. But guess what one month after is was back with USCIS. They already reviewed the petition. Decide to not extend my petition or allow me to submit new evidence. So yes i did fight it to the very end. It was USCIS decision in the end. The lawyer was more then shocked they reviewed it so fast, and decided that the emergency visa's for Hatiti is the reason for the fast review and just clearing there desks to take care of the emergency. So what you want me to do. In the mean time i was with a man that had lose lips and seemed to enjoy to hurt my feelings and take advantage of me. All of you are so concerned about my children. Well they hated to see there mom cry almost every day. Because the man that supposdly say that he loved her, mostly hurt her. And that left a really bad taste in there mouths. All of you are concerned about my not fighting hurting your all's chances of future visa's, but could care less why the relationship ended.

This is the thing I did fight after the denial. I called senators, hired a lawyer. They sent the petition back to the US. A returned petition takes 4-6 months to get back to the US. And then takes at least 16 months to even be reviewed by the USCIS. But guess what one month after is was back with USCIS. They already reviewed the petition. Decide to not extend my petition or allow me to submit new evidence. So yes i did fight it to the very end. It was USCIS decision in the end. The lawyer was more then shocked they reviewed it so fast, and decided that the emergency visa's for Hatiti is the reason for the fast review and just clearing there desks to take care of the emergency. So what you want me to do. In the mean time i was with a man that had lose lips and seemed to enjoy to hurt my feelings and take advantage of me. All of you are so concerned about my children. Well they hated to see there mom cry almost every day. Because the man that supposdly say that he loved her, mostly hurt her. And that left a really bad taste in there mouths. All of you are concerned about my not fighting hurting your all's chances of future visa's, but could care less why the relationship ended.

I think women that stand up for them selfs and not let them selfs be walked all over should be praised. Becasue there is many women used every day and called love to use them for visa's and green cards. I deserve to be treated with respect by a man i love.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm very sorry you were mistreated and I'm glad you decided to get out of an unhealthy relationship.

Like msheesha, I find the statement that men in the US don't "turn you on" strange. You can find all types of men in the US.

After going through such a rough time both with the former fiance and the Moroccan consulate, I'm unsure as to why you would want to go through such an ordeal again. Egyptian men are very charming, or rather they can be. I'm married to a charmer (when he wants to be, lol). Just be sure that this time you take more time to really get to know the man and make sure he's the One. Like another poster stated, visit a few times before making an ultimate decision to go through another visa journey.

The Egyptian consulate in Cairo can be difficult and AP can be long but they don't deny as much as the consulate in Casablanca. I can't say which visa is best or "easiest" as we've seen all types of turn outs here on VJ. We've even seen a denial recently which I've never read about here in the three years I've been a member. I do hope that you plan on waiting at least a year or so before filing again just to be on the safe side.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

I'm very sorry you were mistreated and I'm glad you decided to get out of an unhealthy relationship.

Like msheesha, I find the statement that men in the US don't "turn you on" strange. You can find all types of men in the US.

After going through such a rough time both with the former fiance and the Moroccan consulate, I'm unsure as to why you would want to go through such an ordeal again. Egyptian men are very charming, or rather they can be. I'm married to a charmer (when he wants to be, lol). Just be sure that this time you take more time to really get to know the man and make sure he's the One. Like another poster stated, visit a few times before making an ultimate decision to go through another visa journey.

The Egyptian consulate in Cairo can be difficult and AP can be long but they don't deny as much as the consulate in Casablanca. I can't say which visa is best or "easiest" as we've seen all types of turn outs here on VJ. We've even seen a denial recently which I've never read about here in the three years I've been a member. I do hope that you plan on waiting at least a year or so before filing again just to be on the safe side.

I do not want to rush into anything this time. Been through this once before. As far as the US men thing. Where i live hill billy ville literaly (mountians of tennessee) there is not many men that interest me. But there is many mexicans. Done that already, have a beautiful chicano son. If i did not already know this guy for some time, I would not even consider it. My ex hurt me a lot, but did not break me.

I just want to take things slow go and visit next year. See how he really is. If it will take severaly trips, then that is only better to get to know him too. But i want to be prepared, and say hey there is things that need to be done. And not be unrealistic. With my ex i felt like a teenager going through the whole love and emotions. I don't want to do that again. I have rules, and know what i want and do not want. And personaly i want to see what he is willing to do for me too. Sorry last time i did it all, not this time...lol

Another thing to be very careful about is any suspicion that you are doing this for monetary gain. I'm not suggesting that you are, but as has been written, the CO's can be skeptical and jaded. They may look at your going from one consulate to another (when the first one didn't work out) and question your motives. I don't imagine they'd believe that you can't find any Egyptians or Moroccans here. If you're willing to fly to Morocco and Egypt to meet someone, they might figure it'd be much easier for you to fly anywhere in the US and meet a Moroccan or an Egyptian, etc. who is already living here. I imagine there's some diversity in Chicago, which seems like a quick flight from Tennessee. So, you and/or the new guy would need to be really prepared for that line of questioning by the CO.

Another thing to be very careful about is any suspicion that you are doing this for monetary gain. I'm not suggesting that you are, but as has been written, the CO's can be skeptical and jaded. They may look at your going from one consulate to another (when the first one didn't work out) and question your motives. I don't imagine they'd believe that you can't find any Egyptians or Moroccans here. If you're willing to fly to Morocco and Egypt to meet someone, they might figure it'd be much easier for you to fly anywhere in the US and meet a Moroccan or an Egyptian, etc. who is already living here. I imagine there's some diversity in Chicago, which seems like a quick flight from Tennessee. So, you and/or the new guy would need to be really prepared for that line of questioning by the CO.

That is not a problem, because when the CO's see the the review from the other consulate they will think that man was using me. So that is why i am asking. I stayed with that man till the very end. But that was reason for asking these questions. Just want to be prepared for anything. And the very reason why i am not jumping into anything and taking my time. Besides i don't have the time or money to be jetting off around the states either to be meeting men. And i know how much the CO's read every detail of the chats sent in as evidence. The very first chat would explain every thing.

Timeline

Norielorie,

I guess I can see your point if you're interested in mostly Mid Eastern men. Although, yes there are loads of Mid Eastern men in the US, very few are interested in divorcees with children. That is unless they don't already have their paperwork in order and are here on a student or work visa. Those men usually aren't as picky and may be looking at what they can gain much like men who are still living in their home countries.

I agree with msheesha, be sure that you can prove that no monies are changing hands. Be very prepared to prove you and your potential Egyptian suitor have only the best intentions with each other.

I'm very glad to hear that you plan on taking things slow. I agree that emotions like love and infatuation can cloud judgment big time. It happens to the best of us.

Norielorie,

I guess I can see your point if you're interested in mostly Mid Eastern men. Although, yes there are loads of Mid Eastern men in the US, very few are interested in divorcees with children. That is unless they don't already have their paperwork in order and are here on a student or work visa. Those men usually aren't as picky and may be looking at what they can gain much like men who are still living in their home countries.

I agree with msheesha, be sure that you can prove that no monies are changing hands. Be very prepared to prove you and your potential Egyptian suitor have only the best intentions with each other.

I'm very glad to hear that you plan on taking things slow. I agree that emotions like love and infatuation can cloud judgment big time. It happens to the best of us.

Thank you. I would do everything different from the last time. I did not even expect another relationship, just i knew i had hurt him. And wanted to make sure he did not hate me. I never excepted what happened, would of happened. He is a busy man, and travels a lot. So slow it has to be. lol Besides it takes time and planing and money to go abraod to visit. But most of all I am worring about my self more then anything. I am going back to school and get me back on track. What happens ,happens.

Timeline

Sounds good! Taking time for yourself and going back to school is a great plan. :thumbs:

If you want any advice or tips about Egypt itself or the consulate just shoot me a PM. I'd be glad to discuss any concerns you may have. I don't know how different Morocco is from Egypt as a country but from what I've read on here it seems quite different. At least the cultural and language aspect.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Thank you. I would do everything different from the last time. I did not even expect another relationship, just i knew i had hurt him. And wanted to make sure he did not hate me. I never excepted what happened, would of happened. He is a busy man, and travels a lot. So slow it has to be. lol Besides it takes time and planing and money to go abraod to visit. But most of all I am worring about my self more then anything. I am going back to school and get me back on track. What happens ,happens.

Perhaps as he travels he could do the visiting?

Especially as it sounds that the area you live in may be culturally challenging for him.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I feel a little odd. I have had most of my experience's with Morocco's consulate. And they have done a lot of changing.

But anyway, I have abandan(spelling) my dreams and unreal expectations of Morocco. I know that already filing for a visa can make other visa's harder in the future.

But my real question is I know that Egypt is a really hard Embassy. But as many of you have gone through this experience already, i was hoping you could clear my confusion. I am not going to jump into anything. Just fact gathering.

I not sure what would be the best way to go on a visa there. I know K-1 is a good choice. But I have heard that Egypt has done away with K-3 and only doing cr-1/ ir-1. So that is confusing. And I am just not sure what to expect on any of those visa choices.

For the most part I just want to meet my old friend that has turned into the best thing for me. And if marriage is the best that will be decided later. If fiance is a good option that will be good too. I guess i just want general opinions on each visa and experiences.

Thanks in advance

Hi Norielorie. I'm not familiar with your case going through the Moroccan consulate or your prior love so I don't really have any comment there. As far as pursuing an Egyptian man who is abroad all I can say is like most of us here we love who we love. If love is far away and not local then we're going to follow our hearts and that should not be held against us. When I decided to pursue my relationship with my Husband I heard every word of caution there was to be heard in the beginning. When I told them we were engaged I got my ear chewed for the next nine months but I wasn't going to be deterred from what my heart wanted no matter how scary or how ever it seemed to others. It's my life and my choice and eventually they all came to respect it but it took time.

As far as Egypt goes I know that while it has some similarities it's a very different country from Morocco. Many of my friends that have lived in Morocco and Jordan and then lived in Egypt consistently prefer their experiences in Egypt. I don't know all their reasons why but they give many different reason for it. That's not to say that many SO's involved with mena men and women don't prefer their SO's home countries to the other mena countries they may have visited. Many of them were fellow students in foreign exchange programs who spent considerable time in each countries, 6 months to a year or more. These aren't all friends that were involved with MENA men or women either.

As for the US consulate in Egypt I've been going through the process with them for the past 3 years and finally my dh is here and we're filing AOS. It took us 2 years and 8 months from filing to visa in hand. Our case is somewhat unique in that dh was taken into the Egyptian military a little under a year after our marriage for 16 months of compulsory service. The Embassy was willing to work with us and held/delayed our K3 for that time until his release in April/May of 2009. I've known 8 other women this also happened to with their SO's; 7 of them are here on VJ.

You may want to ask what his military status is because that can be a complication. As we wives have discovered there is no exemption from mandatory military duty in Egypt under the emergency law that was placed in 1952, and it was renewed just last year. There is a popular myth that circulates there that if an Egyptian man is married to or engaged to a foreigner he will become exempt from his mandatory military service for reasons of national security and this come to find out is not the case at all.

There are exemptions however for single sons, those that are studying in college until the completion of their degree are exempt, those over the age of 30 who avoided service have to pay a fine, and those who have a medical excuse are exempt. Sometimes when a man goes to sign up to serve they will tell them they don't have to serve at that time, that the military doesn't need them, they may not give the reason why they don't need them but it's if the military has already reached their quota of men they can handle for the time being. However, they can still be called up till the age of 30. Those that don't have to serve are truly the lucky ones. If they get out of the country on an school exempt like studying abroad make sure they are still in school and filed their paperwork before they left the country they are studying in because once they enter back into Egypt the military can take them for their service. It won't matter if they have a foreign wife and children in the other country. If the paper work isn't in order they are theirs. Also if they have completed their school and are under 30 expect them to serve if they go back to Egypt, if they are over 30 and completed school they will have to pay the fine. Those that have served their military time are also still on call for up to 21 day service for the next 9 years after their release. So anytime they go back to Egypt in the next 9 years after service they may be called to serve for 21 days. If they are called for one of these 21 days of services while out of the country and they go back to Egypt they may show the military they were out of the country when they were called up and then everything is ok.

The Egyptian consulate used to be a ####### shoot and it still is in some ways. Just like every consulate they factor in the red flags, the age gaps, the level of knowledge of the culture, geographic, language, religion, how the families take it, and the prior petitions filed within the country or at another consulate. It used to take years for processing visas. With the change of procedures in 2007 it seems they have become more efficient. I haven't heard that the K3 was no longer being accepted at their consulate. It could be because of the CR-1/IR-1 processing time becoming more efficient and with the change in procedure announced Feb 2010 regarding the I-130's & I-129F's at the NVC level regarding K3's.

You may proceed with the K1, CR-1 or DCF. They are all taking about the same amount of time. It depends on how much money you want spend in the long run and if you want to have a wedding in Egypt or in the US. The fees for filing petitions for each path will be the same as the fees for the prior consulate you dealt with. The fees to get married in each country vary considerably from what I've read so far. To get married in Morocco seems more complicated and expensive but their weddings seem so elaborate and beautiful with the henna and the many dress changes. If he's a business man as you say and travels he may exhibit a sort of MENA man/Egyptian pride and wish to pay for all the immigration fees and marriage fees himself. My Husband did that and many other Egyptian SO's I know from women on here have done this as well if they were able to.

You may look at this thread: Cairo Final Review Club for more specific consulate information. It's a beast to sift through but you may get a feel for what some of us have to go through. The most challenging part of the process for most of us is the black hole of AP/AR. It seems to average 5-6 months but it may be shorter or longer. Some have waited for over a year on the K1 process while others have gone through very swiftly. Same for the CR-1. There aren't many DCF's on here anymore so I can't say how they are processing now. They used to be about 6 months or less processing time. They also seemed to have a higher rate of success if you were able to live there in Egypt for 6 months or more and have an in person relationship with your SO. I'm not sure how that would work out if your SO travels a lot or if you are able to live there.

Egypt is a beautiful country and is considered an ally of the US. It has it's down sides as well. The National Democratic Party (NDP) announced Mubarak as their nominated candidate again for the presidential elections in 2011. They just had their parliamentary elections in 2010 and the NDP won the majority of the seats with 74 out of the 88 available. It seems even though President Mubarak is 83 he will be in office until he passes away. Make no mistake the NDP is a military controlled party and Mubarak is military educated. Even though its government appears democratic much of the country is under military control. It is not uncommon to see men with M-16's at guard posts in the streets. Egypt is known for it's hospitality to foreigners especially Americans. Parties of 10 or more Americans may have to be accompanied by an armed guard at all times. This is even stated on travel advisories for Egypt, Some parts of Egypt are not advised to travel too and you may read that on travel.state.gov. There has been bombings on tourist locations in Egypt the most recent one in 2009 at a popular bizarre in Cairo. There are military check points throughout the country and guards will board the buses and ask to see identification of foreigners. They will write down their information encase anything happens to that bus. This happened to me once in 2006 on a stop in El Gouna, a beautiful a resort town and marina on the Red Sea. Civil unrest and protests are not uncommon in Egypt though not always tolerated. The most recent protests are laborers and teachers in the country. Before that there was the soccer protests over the games with Egypt and Algeria where they rioted in the street and damaged property of local businesses. Another large one was in the city of Mahallah were 30,000 protesters gathered. You'll want to register with the US Embassy when you travel there because they will alert US citizens by email if anything is going on and places to avoid. You don't want to get caught by accident in the middle of one of these protests or on the side lines of one because the guards will arrest you and take you to jail. That happened with a California Berkley student covering the riots for his Masters degree. He was taking pictures on the side lines & was arrested along with his translator. He was able to get out but the translator has yet to be released.

Ok I've waffled on now so I'll let you get back to this thread and general information of it. I hope at least some of this information helped. rose.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.