8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am in a search for ticket to travel home,to Bosnia..but tickets are extrimely expensive..but I have brother that lives in Germany so he sugests to fly to Germany and then to drive together to Bosnia..I am wondering can I do that with GC or I have to have transit visa,because I will get of the airport and drive through all these countries?If I do need it,do anyone knows how long it takes to get it and where do I go or call(I would assume German ambassy but what with other countries we wil drive through/)

Thank you

02.26.2008 AOS package sent

02.27.2008 9.15am AOS package delivered

03.06.2008 checks cashed

03.07.2008 NOA I-485,I-765,I-130

04.02.2008 biometrics appointment

04.22.2008 got letter in mail-my interview date jun 11th

o6.11.2008 Approved...they said i am gonna get my green card in 2weeks...SO HAPPY

06.23.2008 Got my green card in a mail..yeayyyyyyyyy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

your valid Bosnian passport is all you need. the green card is for re-entry into the U.S.

By the way, have you applied for your permanent green card? Your 2008 one is about to expire 6/23.

Edited by Old Dominion

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You'll probably need a Schengen visa, unless your bosnian passport allows you to travel visa-free through the schengen region

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am in a search for ticket to travel home,to Bosnia..but tickets are extrimely expensive..but I have brother that lives in Germany so he sugests to fly to Germany and then to drive together to Bosnia..I am wondering can I do that with GC or I have to have transit visa,because I will get of the airport and drive through all these countries?If I do need it,do anyone knows how long it takes to get it and where do I go or call(I would assume German ambassy but what with other countries we wil drive through/)

Thank you

You need more than a transit visa as your plan is to actually enter Germany....

Based on your country of residence, you WILL NEED a tourist visa to enter Germany (Schengen) and drive to Bosnia

National Bosnia Herzegovina (BA)/Residence U.S.A. (US)

Destination Germany (DE)

$Passport required.

- Passports and/or passport replacing documents must be valid for the period of intended stay.

- Passports must be signed by the bearer.

Visa required.

YMMV

Hi everyone,

Thank you

You will need a Schengen visa.

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Filed: Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

your valid Bosnian passport is all you need. the green card is for re-entry into the U.S.

By the way, have you applied for your permanent green card? Your 2008 one is about to expire 6/23.

Thank you,I did in march I sent all my papers in,but I didnt get my GC yet but I have I 797 wich says that my GC is extended for a year,and I asked on here people said it is fine to travel with that and passport?!!I am scared to do so but I didnt see my family almost 2 years,and whenever I check my status online it showes initial review:/

02.26.2008 AOS package sent

02.27.2008 9.15am AOS package delivered

03.06.2008 checks cashed

03.07.2008 NOA I-485,I-765,I-130

04.02.2008 biometrics appointment

04.22.2008 got letter in mail-my interview date jun 11th

o6.11.2008 Approved...they said i am gonna get my green card in 2weeks...SO HAPPY

06.23.2008 Got my green card in a mail..yeayyyyyyyyy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you,I did in march I sent all my papers in,but I didnt get my GC yet but I have I 797 wich says that my GC is extended for a year,and I asked on here people said it is fine to travel with that and passport?!!I am scared to do so but I didnt see my family almost 2 years,and whenever I check my status online it showes initial review:/

you can travel.... it is why they provide it too you.... you are not the first to ever travel with this document

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.