14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

K, so we're in the final stage with the NVC... and expecting everything to be done soon (if we don't get an RFE, of course). Our baby should be born on September 17 and we were hoping I'd actually be able to have the baby in the US but time seems to fly and I'm not so sure that will happen anymore, since there's no chance for me to get an interview before August, in the best case scenario. Am I right? And according to the airlines I can only fly by the 36th week of the pregnancy.

So, what I wanna know is... what happens if our baby is born in my home country (Croatia)? What happens with the baby's paperwork if I have an interview before the baby is born? And what happens if I have an interview after the baby is born?

Any ideas if we'll have to file a new I-864 if the interview happens after the baby is born?

One more thing... if I get an interview in September around the date that our baby should be born, I'm not so sure I'll be able to go cause the US embassy is like 4 hours away from where I live and I don't want something bad happening to me on the way there. Do you think it would be possible to get a new interview date in that case?

I know it's alot of questions, but I'm hoping someone on here could know the answers.

Thanks in advance,

Ivana

Oct 2008 - met in Tacoma, Wa

Jan 2009 - engaged

Nov 03, 2009 - got married in Croatia

Jan 2010 - I-130 filed

Jan 2010 - pregnant (expecting our first baby in Sep)

Jan 2010 - NOA1 received

Apr 2010 - NOA2 received - APPROVED

Apr 2010 - got NVC case number

Apr 2010 - DS3032 sent and accepted

May 2010 - AOS & IV Bills received

May 2010 - AOS & IV Bill paid

Jun 2010 - all documents sent to NVC

Jun 16, 2010 - NVC received all of our documents (according to the AVR)

Jun 28, 2010 - NVC sent us a RFE

Jun 30, 2010 - received the checklist from the NVC via email

Jul 01, 2010 - sent the corrected I-864 form back to NVC

Jul 12, 2010 - NVC has received the checklist letter response

Jul 21, 2010 - got SIF, case expedited cause of pregnancy, all the paperwork sent to the US embassy in Zagreb

Jul 26, 2010 - medical

Jul 27, 2010 - interview - APPROVED!

Aug 06, 2010 - POE - Seattle

nrRAp2.png

"I tell you good night with tears in my eyes,I wish I was there curled up by your side. Time passes, but not fast enough. I try to be strong, but I'm not that tough. When I feel your embrace it will be alright, but my heart aches for you on this lonely night."

nrRAp2.png

K, so we're in the final stage with the NVC... and expecting everything to be done soon (if we don't get an RFE, of course). Our baby should be born on September 17 and we were hoping I'd actually be able to have the baby in the US but time seems to fly and I'm not so sure that will happen anymore, since there's no chance for me to get an interview before August, in the best case scenario. Am I right? And according to the airlines I can only fly by the 36th week of the pregnancy.

So, what I wanna know is... what happens if our baby is born in my home country (Croatia)? What happens with the baby's paperwork if I have an interview before the baby is born? And what happens if I have an interview after the baby is born?

Any ideas if we'll have to file a new I-864 if the interview happens after the baby is born?

One more thing... if I get an interview in September around the date that our baby should be born, I'm not so sure I'll be able to go cause the US embassy is like 4 hours away from where I live and I don't want something bad happening to me on the way there. Do you think it would be possible to get a new interview date in that case?

I know it's alot of questions, but I'm hoping someone on here could know the answers.

Thanks in advance,

Ivana

:) me too have a baby and i did this in Ethiopia at US embassy.

First of all, congratulation on your baby... If you are a US citizen and if your babies born in my home country (Croatia) you can go to US embassy to the counselor (country Croatia) My linkChildren Born in Croatia to U.S. Parents

Children Born in Croatia to U.S. Parents

Children born abroad to U.S. citizen parents may have a claim to U.S. citizenship. If the parent(s) meets the transmission requirement, a child's birth may be reported at this Embassy and a U.S. passport and social security number may be obtained for him or her.

We strongly recommend that the birth of your child be reported to this Embassy as soon as possible after the birth. It is not possible to report the birth of a child over the age of 18. Even if your child holds nationality of a country other than the U.S., if your child has a claim to citizenship, he or she must be in possession of a valid U.S. passport to enter and exit the United States.

The following information will assist you in determining whether or not your child is a U.S. citizen and will provide assistance in the steps you are required to take to register the birth and obtain his or her passport.

Learn more about Eligibility for U.S. citizenship

EMBASSY Certified Copy of a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) which you can report your new baby born and they'll give you a form DS-11 and DS-2029 Package and you have to pay and then US embassy to the counselor received and after you report your new born baby to the embassy and then they would check your application for Eligibility for U.S. citizenship than they'll issue you with your baby certificate's FS-240 Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and a US passport so your baby would automatically become a US citizen. so you need to talk to the counselor at the US citizen service in (Croatia). Or you can call them now and inquire information you are to become apparent in your home country (Croatia).

Edited by S&ET

USCIS JOURNEY California Service Center

2010-02-24 - Mailed I-130 Overnight Express to Chicago Lockbox

2010-02-25 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-04 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)

2010-04-22 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)

NVC JOURNEY

04-28-2010 - NVC Case Number Assigned

05-03-2010 - Email given to the NVC

05-04-2010 - AOS bill and Agent forms received by email

05-04-2010 - Email DS 3032

05-04-2010 - Paid AOS Bill Online;

05-05-2010 - AOS Bill Status: PAID;

05-05-2010 - IV Bill Received by email;

05-05-2010 - Paid IV Bill Online;

05-06-2010 - IV Bill Status: PAID;

05-12-2010 - Wife send PC-PP-DS-230 all Package DHL

05-17-2010 - I Received DHL mail from my Wife

05-24-2010 - Sent AOS and IV Package Overnight Express to NVC

05-25-2010 - AOS & IV Package arrived at NVC signed by N. Visa Center

06-04-2010 - AOS & IV Pack Received/Entered into AVR System

06-11-2010 - Sign in Fail Thank you, God!

06-12-2010 - Case Complete NVC

06-14-2010 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy

07-14-2010 - Interview Date Assigned

EMBASSY JOURNEY

06-17-2010 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

07-29-2010 - Medical Exam $750 ETB ($70USD) PASSED

08-05-2010 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

08-06-2010 - Visa Received

08-12-2010 - Passport and visa pick up from Bank of Abyssinia branch.

US JOURNEY

09-16-2010 - POE Washington, DC

10-04-2010 - Received Welcome letter

10-25-2010 - Received GC

PASSPORT & CITIZENSHIP SERVICES

Children Born in Croatia to U.S. Parents

Children born abroad to U.S. citizen parents may have a claim to U.S. citizenship. If the parent(s) meets the transmission requirement, a child's birth may be reported at this Embassy and a U.S. passport and social security number may be obtained for him or her.

We strongly recommend that the birth of your child be reported to this Embassy as soon as possible after the birth. It is not possible to report the birth of a child over the age of 18. Even if your child holds nationality of a country other than the U.S., if your child has a claim to citizenship, he or she must be in possession of a valid U.S. passport to enter and exit the United States.

The following information will assist you in determining whether or not your child is a U.S. citizen and will provide assistance in the steps you are required to take to register the birth and obtain his or her passport.

Learn more about Eligibility for U.S. citizenship

If, upon reviewing the above, you believe your child is eligible for citizenship, please make an online appointment to visit the embassy to submit the necessary documentation.

CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH ABROAD & INITIAL PASSPORT

It is necessary to complete the following documents prior to your appointment:

Application for Consular Report of Birth, Form DS-2029

Please do not sign the application, you will be asked to do it in front of a consular officer.

Application for Passport, Form DS-11

Please do not sign the application for your child, you will be asked to do so in front of a consular officer.

If one parent/guardian is absent we will require original, notarized consent. You can use Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances - Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16, Form DS-3053

Application Form SS-5 for a Social Security Number,

Please also bring the following documents with you to your appointment:

Note: If your documents are in a language other than English, a certified translation must be provided.

Child's Croatian birth certificate - "Izvadak iz matice rođenih" or "Rodni list"

Original Croatian birth certificate, issued by local authorities. This document must show the biological parents' names. Short form birth certificates, which do not indicate parentage, are not acceptable.

Parents' marriage certificate

Original certificate issued by local, state, or national government authorities. If your marriage certificate is in a language other than Croatian or English, a certified translation must be provided. The original certificate must be presented along with any translation.

Divorce decrees/death certificates (if applicable)

It will be necessary to show termination of all prior marriages for both parents. Please bring certified translations, if appropriate.

Evidence of parent's US citizenship

The U.S. citizen parent(s) must present his/her (their) U.S. passport(s). If the U.S. citizen parent(s) was (were) naturalized he/she (they) must bring the original Certificate of Naturalization in addition to the passport.

Passport / identification document for non-U.S. citizen parent (if applicable)

A non-U.S. citizen parent must bring his/her passport or other photo identification document.

Evidence of physical presence

The U.S. citizen parent must bring proof of living in the United States. Primary evidence documents that may establish your physical presence in the U.S. before the child's birth include: transcripts from high school and/or college, wage statements, DD214 separation statement (military members only). Secondary evidence include: credit card bills, utility bills, tax forms, airline ticket stubs, former/current passport with stamps.

If the parents are not married

Affidavit of Paternity and Support is required for an applicant born to an unmarried U.S. citizen father. DO NOT SIGN!

Application Fee

The fee for a Consular Report of Birth is $65. The fee for a child's passport under 16 is $85 OR $100 for children over 16. Payment may be made in U.S. Dollars, Croatian Kuna or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Diners Club). Personal checks are not accepted.

Photos

Two identical color photos taken within the past 6 months, 2" X 2" (5 cm x 5 cm) size with white or off-white background. Digital photos are not generally acceptable. There is a photo machine in the waiting room of the consular section which can take photos for a fee of 40 Kuna (payable in Kuna only).

If you do not bring the required documentation, we must suspend processing of the application and you will need to schedule another appointment.

Edited by S&ET

NVC JOURNEY

EMBASSY JOURNEY

US JOURNEY

10-25-2010 - Received GC

Timeline

:) me too have a baby and i did this in Ethiopia at US embassy.

First of all, congratulation on your baby... If you are a US citizen and if your babies born in my home country (Croatia) you can go to US embassy to the counselor (country Croatia) My linkChildren Born in Croatia to U.S. Parents

Thank you very much... this is very helpful and it doesn't look too complicated either lol. Congrats on your baby, hope the rest of your journey will be over soon too. :)

Jan 2009 - engaged

Jan 2010 - I-130 filed

Jan 2010 - NOA1 received

Jul 21, 2010 - got SIF, case expedited cause of pregnancy, all the paperwork sent to the US embassy in Zagreb

Jul 26, 2010 - medical

nrRAp2.png

"I tell you good night with tears in my eyes,I wish I was there curled up by your side. Time passes, but not fast enough. I try to be strong, but I'm not that tough. When I feel your embrace it will be alright, but my heart aches for you on this lonely night."

nrRAp2.png

Thank you very much... this is very helpful and it doesn't look too complicated either lol. Congrats on your baby, hope the rest of your journey will be over soon too. :)

You welcome...You too your journey will be over soon

NVC JOURNEY

EMBASSY JOURNEY

US JOURNEY

10-25-2010 - Received GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Once you get yer interview date set with NVC -

it MIGHT BE POSSIBLE to get earlier interview date -

you'll have to contact the Embassy IV Unit, and request earlier interview date. If you can talk to Embassy Staff via telephone - great! IF NOT, expect to send email/fax/postal mail, making that request, into the IV Unit.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks in advance,

Ivana

Consular in Zagreb is very responsive and accommodating. Why not email them and explain your situation. From when your petition is in NVC (April), you should have the interview July or August.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Thank you people. I will try that soon as our case gets completed with the NVC. I'm so nervous cause I don't know if there will be any RFE's and such but still hoping for the best. Best wishes to all of you, I'll keep you posted

Jan 2009 - engaged

Jan 2010 - I-130 filed

Jan 2010 - NOA1 received

Jul 26, 2010 - medical

nrRAp2.png

nrRAp2.png

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey - any news? wassup?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hey - any news? wassup?

Actually yes.

Everything happened so fast, I'm still confused lol.

My husband sent in an expedition request to NVC cause of the pregnancy, they sent our papers to the US embassy in Zagreb right away and the embassy gave me an interview like a few days after that. I'm leaving next friday... wow.

I'll post all the details a lil later, tryin to book the ticket atm :)

Thank you guys for all the support.

Jan 2009 - engaged

Jan 2010 - I-130 filed

Jan 2010 - NOA1 received

Jul 26, 2010 - medical

nrRAp2.png

nrRAp2.png

Timeline

Yay!! don't forget , when ya have time, to write up an Embassy Review :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually yes.

Everything happened so fast, I'm still confused lol.

My husband sent in an expedition request to NVC cause of the pregnancy, they sent our papers to the US embassy in Zagreb right away and the embassy gave me an interview like a few days after that. I'm leaving next friday... wow.

I'll post all the details a lil later, tryin to book the ticket atm :)

Thank you guys for all the support.

Congratulations and safe travels!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

thank you guys, we wouldn't do it without you :D

Jan 2009 - engaged

Jan 2010 - I-130 filed

Jan 2010 - NOA1 received

Jul 26, 2010 - medical

nrRAp2.png

nrRAp2.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.