justashooter

look who is out of cash

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Originally Posted by Examiner.com

As gun rights activists await the upcoming decision in the McDonald vs. Chicago Supreme Court case, new evidence emerges that, in this post-Heller decision world, the public has soured on the bitter taste of gun control.

The latest evidence of the declining public support for restrictions on gun rights is in the data released today by the Federal Election Commission on the private donations and expenditures of the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence - Voter Education PAC (Link goes to actual FEC reports).

The Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence is the flagship group for the gun control effort. The Brady Campaign absorbed the Million Mom March in 2001 when that organization's membership dropped so low as to be no longer self-sustaining.

Information provided by the Center for Responsive Politics , and derived from the FEC reports, shows that the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence - Voter Education PAC, raised an all-time high of over $1.7 million in the 2000 election cycle and distributed over $1.6 million of those funds.

Contrast this to the more recent 2008 election cycle where the PAC raised just over $15,000 and spent just over $54,000.

The 2010 election cycle is still ongoing, but the numbers look no better: So far only $2,500 has been raised and just $4,545 spent.

Browsing through the charts and information at the Center for Responsive Politics shows fewer gun control advocates willing to spend their own money on that agenda. In the 2000 election year cycle 320 individual donors gave a total of $329,996. Contrast that to 2008 where three donors donated a total of $15,000.

So far, for the 2010 election cycle, only one donor has made a single contribution of $2,500.

As the Brady Campaign goes, so does public support for gun control. That's why the huge drop in funds raised, money spent, and individual donors is so telling.

The conclusion is clear: The public no longer believes the gun control lies. Now is the time to work to get that message to the government by redoubling efforts to elect pro-gun candidates and kick out those politicians who would deny us our basic human rights.

http://www.examiner.com/x-30265-Detroit-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m6d4-The-tide-turns-in-the-battle-for-gun-rights-as-the-Brady-Campaign-withers-away

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Raising money for PACs is fun -

IMO, that particular PAC has lost their contract with their former telemarketing company, and for some reason, is hesitant to engage with another firm.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Owning a gun is a basic human right? What's that guy on, crack cocaine? It may be possible to argue that gun ownership in the US is a constitutionally protected right - although even that is an opinion derived from a particular interpretation of what is and isn't a militia, but it's not a basic human right by any stretch of the imagination.

I guess you gun nuts will not be happy until every man, woman and child and perhaps even the dog is running around carrying weapons - what a bizarre fantasy.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

Owning a gun is a basic human right? What's that guy on, crack cocaine? It may be possible to argue that gun ownership in the US is a constitutionally protected right - although even that is an opinion derived from a particular interpretation of what is and isn't a militia, but it's not a basic human right by any stretch of the imagination.

I guess you gun nuts will not be happy until every man, woman and child and perhaps even the dog is running around carrying weapons - what a bizarre fantasy.

Our Constitutional Rights are basic human rights. That you in Europe are still working off of a back country primitive understanding of the concept is your problem, not ours.

Our Constitutional Rights are basic human rights. That you in Europe are still working off of a back country primitive understanding of the concept is your problem, not ours.

:lol: You need to study a little bit of history my friend, you do not seem to understand where the theory of human rights originated. Here's a hint, it wasn't in the colonies. Constitutional rights are what they are, good bad or indifferent and owning a gun no more of a human right than owning a car is.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: You need to study a little bit of history my friend, you do not seem to understand where the theory of human rights originated. Here's a hint, it wasn't in the colonies. Constitutional rights are what they are, good bad or indifferent and owning a gun no more of a human right than owning a car is.

no more than health care is, no more than owning a home is, etc. either...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the ability to defend one's self is a basic right.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

One, that's a US constitutionally protected right not a human right and two, defending oneself and having the right to own a gun are not one and the same. Do we need a Venn?

Edited by Madame Cleo

Filed: Timeline

One, that's a US constitutionally protected right not a human right and two, defending oneself and having the right to own are gun are not one and the same. Do we need a Venn?

Our Constitution is merely an enumeration of rights granted to us by our Creator, the Lord God. Those are human rights, whether your atheist/communist UN document says so or not.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

One, that's a US constitutionally protected right not a human right and two, defending oneself and having the right to own a gun are not one and the same. Do we need a Venn?

it's not a human right because you say so, eh?

You don't need a gun to do that.

i'm not too adept with a spear. how about you?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!