Kathryn41

Off Topic Part Cinq

1,486 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I know it isn't the same but I went to this one lady a few times to get my eyebrows threaded and waxed and I almost fell asleep when she was doing it.. I felt very relaxed.. but one time i went to this other lady and it wasn't a very relaxing experience :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What the heck?! So it's not just my husband who's a freak?!! You lot are crazy. :lol: I cannot even fathom falling asleep at the dentist's office. I'm too busy trying not to lose it and run out of there screaming.

i am not crazy. crazyface.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So speaking of terrible places to drive.... :lol: ..... here are the 10 Worst Cities in the World to Drive. I see LA and DC didn't make the list. But Toronto and Orlando did. :blush:

Weird,lol! I wonder where that radio stn that stated LA was the worst and DC the second worst to drive in the USA, got their list from?? lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, I'm not sure about that list! I don't really find Orlando that bad. Sure people don't know where they're going and aren't really sure what a red light means, but congestion wise, It's not too bad.

The Rome one is pretty spot on. I lived with an Italian family outside of Rome for 3 weeks and the dad used to drive me around. He was INSANE. I came close to death several times :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, if you all get a chance, please vote for my youth center in the refresh everything contest (http://www.refresheverything.com/nwyouthcenter or text 102945 to 73774). We run on ~40K/yr and provide services to 400+ kids in grades K-12. I'll give more details if anyone wants them, please just ask. We're going to be adding a quiet study area (have you ever tried to do homework with 50 kids running around you? :lol:), making a bathroom handicap accessible, adding a summer learning program for middle/high school age group, and a whooole bunch of other stuff.

Sorry if this isn't kosher to post this here - I tried to ask a mod yesterday, but didn't get a response :)

Please please please please vote if you're in the US (or get your sweetie to vote, if they're the USC!). We're in 84th place and need to get into the top 10.

Oh, and the kids get to dye my hair whatever color(s) they want if we win. I promise pictureeeeesssss! :lol:

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Filed: Timeline

Weird,lol! I wonder where that radio stn that stated LA was the worst and DC the second worst to drive in the USA, got their list from?? lol

They must have had different criteria for rating them.

Yeah, I'm not sure about that list! I don't really find Orlando that bad. Sure people don't know where they're going and aren't really sure what a red light means, but congestion wise, It's not too bad.

I'm thinking all the road rage shootings and car jackings were a factor :lol: because congestion-wise they're easy peasy.

Sorry if this isn't kosher to post this here - I tried to ask a mod yesterday, but didn't get a response :)

You can post it, Scooter! You can even make your own thread about it so it gets more attention. Good luck!!

iagree.gif

Timeline

you could use a pie crust recipe that you don't have to roll out.. i have made pies using that kind of crust before

them you would just have to press the dough into the tins without having to roll out the dough..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

this is the recipe I have used before... my mom would use butter instead of oil and it came out good...

Easy As Pie No Roll Pie Crust

(1 9 inch pie crust)

1 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons sugar

1/2 cup oil

2 tablespoons cold milk

Sift together flour, salt and sugar right into pie plate.

Beat together oil and milk and pour over the flour mixture.

Quickly mix with a fork just enough to moisten flour.

Press into pie plate, ####### all over with a fork and bake at 425° for 15 minutes.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.