Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

my step grandmother has that on her scalp too and she said that the best thing she's ever had for it has been that baby oil gel. She rubs a little bit on it and it helps her so much.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You never really know how good of a neighbor you have until they move out and a batsh!t crazy one moves in.

My current neighbor went batsh!t crazy and screamed at me as I left my apartment this morning because she thinks I wake up 10 minutes earlier than her so that I get all the hot water and she is left with a warm(ish) shower. She then agreed to allow me to have my shower at 5:50 and she would have hers at 5:58. All I could say at that point was "allow? You don't allow me anything. I will run the shower as long as I want to." I have this friday off, but I think I will wake up at 5:50 just to run the hot water for an hour.

are you on the same water heater?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When i was a teenager i had psoriasis on my scalp, mostly on the back nape of my neck. i haven't had it in years, and in the last few weeks i've noticed my scalp is sore, and i'm getting red blmeishes and pimple like marks on my neck again. i can't even run my hands through my hair my scalp hurts :( And my face is breaking out ...i'm 36 now..wth :( i have no idea why this is starting up again, it used to be stress in highschool that did it to me..but aside from not workign i'm not as stressed as i was during the k1 and i never got it then. sigh..so now i have to go buy that nasty nasty tar shampoo again..just gross..and hope it helps.

My son has psoriasis also, we noticed when we moved here that the difference in weather such as heat humidity changed his some. So it can be the weather and such. That and stress may be still affecting you. My son no longer has to deal with the yukky tar shampoo, he takes pills once a week and its now almost completely gone. He had it pretty bad before. Hope you find some relief soon.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My mother in law uses a product called Combat Ready Balm for her psoriasis. She says it work wonders, but if she is super stressed, of course nothing helps!! http://www.skincando.com/ She stated it is a bit pricey, but portions of the profits goto American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

My vent - people who somehow misread things into being personal attacks and then attack the people who were trying to help them. Sometimes I think theres way too many crazy people out there.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Typing this up on my husband's computer because my computer's power supply unit died after 1 year. Might be able to get one in 2 weeks roughly. Here's hoping nothing else was somehow affected.

My passport arrived yesterday! They didn't give me back my original though. I was disappointed and am wondering if that's standard procedure for passports being sent to the US, or if someone overlooked that checkbox.

My oven's door has come off of 1 of its hinges, missing a tiny washer-thing to keep the (hard to reach) bolt in place. I'm afraid to use the oven in case it doesn't close all the way (even though it looks fully shut). Hopefully no other door-related issues will happen - that's 2 in less than 7 days.

I called the county clerk's office to ask about my marriage certificate. Not much help there - no surprise. For a huge tourist destination, I would've hoped they had more experience dealing with problems relating to less-than-normal names. What I was told translates to this in terms of USCIS:

If USCIS sends me an RFE because MY name on the marriage certificate doesn't match up, I should not worry. Essentially, I was discouraged and denied of taking any preventative measures to correct what looks to me as a typographical error; there being a space present in my name where there should be none. What makes it not so blatantly obvious is the space occurs after a hyphen, therefore it somewhat looks like I have a middle name.

IMHO, folks, anyone considering giving their kids a hyphenated name... Please for the love of fluffy kittens and sanity, avoid hyphenated names. There's far too much follow-up work involved in correcting the mistakes of others throughout one's own life to make that itty bitty "minus symbol" an enemy that should be nuked off the face of the earth. Or, perhaps the hyphen should be hyphenated so it will live through the frustrations it has caused its poor victims over the course of their lifetime!

Beyond that... I got an answer regarding the changing (or not changing) of my surname upon marriage that was confusing. From what I can piece together:

US citizens manually have to change their surnames at social security offices to legally use them instead of their maiden name. Non-US citizens must follow their home country's rules on the issue. The county clerk lady didn't know anything about Canada/Ontario's procedures so that was a dead end. I wasn't expecting her to be omniscient but again, in dealing with a huge tourist base, I was hoping they'd of had some sort of manual or person who was an uncanny fount of knowledge.

I figured, okay - I can use my Google-fu to make some headway! If a centimeter can be counted as headway, I guess I made some.

Ontario Government says:

Marriage - Changing your Name after Getting Married

You do not have to get a legal name change to use your spouse's name as your last name. Instead, you can assume your spouse's name. Assuming a name is not a legal name change, so it does not change your birth certificate. Most people assume a name instead of undergoing a legal name change.

I still remember what Ant+D+BabyA told me when I was trying to sort things out and I'm running with it unless someone tells me right now that I'd be doing it wrong. The advice:

"A note about the AOS/Green Card...Make sure that whatever name you want to use on your Green Card is filled out correctly on the AOS forms."

Which means I will be filing my AOS package using my married surname and of course including copies of my marriage certificate to comply with requested documentation.

Next up on the Giant Checklist of Doom; filing for ITIN and addressing the jungle that is my husband's tax situation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes indeed we are.

since it's shared, i hope you don't have to pay the utility cost for heating or water.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone....

Ok..So I finally got the internet back up again....

And I've been a bit behind on the posts...(still catching up....)

The storm didn't do too well in our area....

We had 4 tornadoes in the area.....And this isn't even tornado alley!

Knocked the power off and on for a few days....Knocked down some trees....And more damage....

And yes, our creek and the country roads around us flooded over...

Luckily, we had enough rocks in the backyard to build a 'wall' before the water got into our house....

We were literally about a few feet away from water damage......

But yeah, that was kind of scary.....

Non-stop rain for about a few days.....

Hopefully it doesn't rain again.....

And to those of you who need rain....I'm sending it your way.....

Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer...:)

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Other Timeline

I still remember what Ant+D+BabyA told me when I was trying to sort things out and I'm running with it unless someone tells me right now that I'd be doing it wrong. The advice:

"A note about the AOS/Green Card...Make sure that whatever name you want to use on your Green Card is filled out correctly on the AOS forms."

Which means I will be filing my AOS package using my married surname and of course including copies of my marriage certificate to comply with requested documentation.

TickTock-Lol....I can't believe you remembered one of my older posts.....:lol:

It was so long ago..that I can't even remember when I posted it...I guess I've been on VJ too long...lol....

Nevertheless, glad that it helped you out here...

And yes, as I said before...

(otherwise you'll end up with a green card in an incorrect name..and it will cost another $350+ for a replacement...)

Just fill the AOS forms with your married surname, include a copy of your marriage certificate (which they will want to see the original in the interview anyways)...And you'll have your green card in your married name..

That's what I did (as also confirmed by the lawyer I had at the time when I asked about such)...

And the USCIS had no problems with having my green card in my married name...:)

Good luck in getting your green card and with the rest of your journey too.

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ant! I'd been wondering how you guys were holding up (hopefully that doesn't sound weird, lol!) It's good to hear that your house wasn't damaged and you guys are okay - though a shame for the trees that have fallen. Depending on what kind of trees, you can always use them for firewood or building. :)

We've been getting rain, but I'll happily take some of yours in order to fill up our well. It's a shame; with all of our rain, our grass is still looking dead.

As for the post - you bet I remembered! Well, not word for word since I have a terrible memory, but I do remember asking/partaking in a conversation about surnames so I figured I ought to refresh my memory before venting :D

Thank you again for the well wishes! I feel a bit renewed by having my passport back again and having such good people to confide in on VJ is reassuring. :D Being able to vent about the small things makes a bit more room in my head for the big things, so to speak.

Timeline

My vent - people who somehow misread things into being personal attacks and then attack the people who were trying to help them. Sometimes I think theres way too many crazy people out there.

Ugh, I know right? How annoying. It makes you not even want to help. You asked my opinion and it's not what you wanted to hear, therefore I must be spiteful, ride, and dislike you! That's so logical...

My vent: People in this town cannot drive. They are just so terrible! If I had a nickel every time I saw someone do something completely irrational and stupid I'd never have to work another day in my life. In my 5 mile drive back home from work, I had to use my horn twice. Check your blind spots, look before you make a lane change, if you like driving slow get out of the left lane, and please pay attention when you're merging on the highway, or others are trying to merge on the highway. That would be great.

Timeline

Ugh, I know right? How annoying. It makes you not even want to help. You asked my opinion and it's not what you wanted to hear, therefore I must be spiteful, ride, and dislike you! That's so logical...

My vent: People in this town cannot drive. They are just so terrible! If I had a nickel every time I saw someone do something completely irrational and stupid I'd never have to work another day in my life. In my 5 mile drive back home from work, I had to use my horn twice. Check your blind spots, look before you make a lane change, if you like driving slow get out of the left lane, and please pay attention when you're merging on the highway, or others are trying to merge on the highway. That would be great.

Pft, road rules in california:

Blinkers are optional, middle fingers are the ideal way to say you wanted to merge in.

Never look before you merge, they have to get our of your way, you don't have to make sure that they can.

Constant swirving into lanes that arent your own makes sure that other drivers on the road are awake so do this at every chance.

Green means stop, yellow means slow down, red means speed up and go through anyway, beeping at any of the ******'s who DARE try to turn on their green light.

Likewise, stopsigns are a suggestion.

Speeds - Never go the speed limit. You must always go either 10+ above or below the speedlimit but never the actual speed limit. If you are the only one of 2 people on the highway, driving at 45 is suggested, preferrably in front of the other person.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.