Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

illegal status

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

How are you.I was just wondering I saw some people having illegal status and they married to US citizen and get the green card.

would somebody tell me how it work....is it a for sure bet that if someone illegal marry a US citizen .

he or she will get the green card.

please provide me some info regarding that

i will much appriciate that



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France


Nothing is ever sure regarding immigration even when you're "legal".

There no sure way. Nevertheless, it depends on what kind of "illegal status" you're talking about. If it's a short overstay, things usually go pretty smooth (I said usually, so it means it could still go wrong!!). If it's a long overstay (more than 180 days) it can be more complicated. As for being in the USA after entering illegally I'd say there's not much hope there.

So maybe if you give more detail, people here can tell you what could be the best thing to do in your case.

Good luck on your journey


K-1 2010 / 04 / 02 - I-129F sent
K-1 2010 / 08 / 18 - Interview at embassy in Paris, France
AOS 2011 / 01 / 15 - AOS package sent
AOS 2011 / 04 / 14 - Interview

ROC 2013 / 02 / 04 - ROC package sent
ROC 2013 / 07 / 27 - New GC received

CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 03 / 17 - N-400 package sent
CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 08 / 27 - Oath ceremony

--- THE END ---

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia

There is a big difference between here "illegally" and someone who has overstayed their visa.

Please provide more information so we can help you better.

Also, your post seems to imply that you are considering marrying a USC simply for the greencard and this is ILLEGAL. We cannot help you break immigration laws.

** moved from moved from "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas" to General Immigration Related Discussion as this isn't an AOS question specifically, more a general Immigration question**

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...