blessedblessed

I-134 Affidavit of Support Sponser

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello, all!

I've spent a fair amount of time researching the forum to see if this question has been asked, and I didn't find anything. So here we go!

My fiance and I are in the I-129F K1 visa process and I'm thinking ahead to the I-134 form. I've spent the last 5 months studying abroad in his home country (and will be here for another 2 months) so my income this year is zilch. I've always had a job (retail clerk/Starbucks employee) as a student, but I've never made a lot. For these reasons I'm expecting that our situation will require a sponsor. Is there any way to expedite this process? I would prefer my fiance to have that sponsor information ready in his interview in an attempt to skip over the "oh, you need a sponsor! come back in a month with that information" step.

Does anyone have a similar experience or advice?

Thanks!!

August 23, 2010- K1 papers sent to CSC

August 30, 2010-NOA1

January 26, 2011-NOA2

March 7, 2011-Interview--Approved!!

March 11, 2011-Visa in hand

March 22, 2011-Arrived in the US!!!!!

August 22, 2011-Filed for AOS

November 25, 2011-EAD in hand

December 02, 2011-Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I'm a filipino but i got the same problem but i found a co-sponsor

of my fiencee now and im waiting for myPolice Certificate from Lebanon.

good luck to both fo us and take care.

fhely

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

If you are at the I-129f point you will not need the I-134's until the benificiaries visa interview at the consulate. You will need one I-134 for each you and another for your co-sponsor. The only problem with making up the forms too far ahead of time is that by the time you get to the interview date, the information may be outdated. I would suggest that you do not prepare them too early but start to gather the supporting evidence like previous years tax returns, W-2's now. This will save time but my opinion is that the form should be compleated or at least be dated recently when you go to the interview. Also remember, you will eventually need to file a more detailed form or forms when it comes time for your AOS. At that time, if your I-134 evidence was recent enough, you can just use it again on your I-864 so save lots of copies of everything.

Frankly, the I-134 didn't take long to do but if you want to get a good head start, decide what you will use as evidence of a bona fide relationship and start files. Things like photos, letters, phone records and a sampling of internet logs. For phone records, I got a prepaid long distance card that provided a monthly bill with every call itemized. When they see that we talked by phone or internet at least once a day for over a year, it is very good evidence. Also, I believe the single most important factor in getting approved on the first try is if the petitioner accompanies the benificary to the interview. Have the benificary take your passport in and ask something like "Would you like to see my fiancee's passport also?" to get the point accross that you are there. In our case, my SO said that made the biggest impression on the interviewer. Good Luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I just re-read your post and realize that I may not have answered your question. Are you asking if there is a way to expedite the co-sponsor process??? There is no process. If you need a co-sponsor, you should apply with a co-sponsor right from the first interview. You know you need a co-sponsor if your income level is below the amount shown on form I-864p for the number of persons who will be in your living situation. If your income is too low, then apply with a co-sponsor. You don't want to apply with an inadaquate income and get denied and have to re-apply. Just apply with the co-sponsor the first time around. It is just a matter of adding another I-134 and evidence to the packet. Be sure the total income is high enough. Lots of people have co-sponsors.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi,

I'm a filipino but i got the same problem but i found a co-sponsor

of my fiencee now and im waiting for myPolice Certificate from Lebanon.

good luck to both fo us and take care.

fhely

FSB, I am not sure your Alien beneficiary is from the Philippines and will interview in Manila. You need to be aware a few members from the Philippines had their joint sponsors thrown out and asked by the Embassy to show sufficient income on their own.

Not all Embassies/Consulates will accept a joint sponsor. The Philippines is one of them. Many in South East Asia will not accept joint sponsors.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, all!

I've spent a fair amount of time researching the forum to see if this question has been asked, and I didn't find anything. So here we go!

My fiance and I are in the I-129F K1 visa process and I'm thinking ahead to the I-134 form. I've spent the last 5 months studying abroad in his home country (and will be here for another 2 months) so my income this year is zilch. I've always had a job (retail clerk/Starbucks employee) as a student, but I've never made a lot. For these reasons I'm expecting that our situation will require a sponsor. Is there any way to expedite this process? I would prefer my fiance to have that sponsor information ready in his interview in an attempt to skip over the "oh, you need a sponsor! come back in a month with that information" step.

Does anyone have a similar experience or advice?

Thanks!!

Yep you'll need a sponsor, and it's a great time to start putting out feelers to see who's game. When you've found someone, you'll have them order the last three years' worth of tax transcripts from the IRS. They should also collect their pay stubs from now until they hand everything over to you, and obtain a letter from their employer attesting to their salary, start date of employment, and good-standing status. They can also get a letter from their bank detailing when they opened the accounts and what's in there.

You don't have to have all this together until after you receive your NOA2. That's when you want to get moving.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.