amberdima

One year later....

22 posts in this topic

hello, RUB! long time no read. just thought i would check in and update my old friends on all my new excitement.

• Dima and I celebrated 1 year in the US together April 27th.
  • we celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary on May 19th.
  • and,more importantly, we welcomed our son on April 11th!

we are enjoying this little angel and adjusting to being a family of 3.

post-56498-12755726889507_thumb.jpgpost-56498-12755727010281_thumb.jpgpost-56498-12755727122758_thumb.jpg

hello, RUB! long time no read. just thought i would check in and update my old friends on all my new excitement.

post-56498-12755726889507_thumb.jpgpost-56498-12755727010281_thumb.jpgpost-56498-12755727122758_thumb.jpg

Congratulations! Your son is too precious! I wish you and your family all the best! (F)

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Amber, congratulations! The baby is so cute!! How did you and Dima name him?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That's awesome news. It's hard to believe it's been a year. In a week, it'll be 6 motnhs for Katya and Denis. It feels like they just arrived a few weeks ago, not a few months. Time sure does fly when you're having fun. :P

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

Just last week someone was asking what happened to you guys. "Her fiance arrived and then like, a month later, she was gone. What happened?" (It was in the context of the same old "we scare all the girls off with our potty mouths and disparaging talk of women posts.")

I figured you had a good reason to be gone so long. Photographic proof of your little bundle of joy will work. I guess we can accept that. Now, back to posting a female perspective on guns and pie! I don't care if that kid is hungry. TYPE!

Seriously, congratulations to both of you! There's no better way to get AOS than popping a kid out. "See, he really does love me, we have a kid together and everything!" OK. Only kidding. But really, that's pretty good evidence you're holding right there!

Hope to see you back on here if you have time. How's life going? Update us on how he's adjusting to life here, how you're both adjusting to being an international couple living together in the States, any funny stories, etc.

If we don't see you back here, thanks for the update, good luck, and have fun!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Amber, congratulations! The baby is so cute!! How did you and Dima name him?

His name is Daniil. No one can pronounce it and everyone misspells it or mistakes it for a girl's name. That's what I get for trying to honor a foreign culture!

Just last week someone was asking what happened to you guys. "Her fiance arrived and then like, a month later, she was gone. What happened?" (It was in the context of the same old "we scare all the girls off with our potty mouths and disparaging talk of women posts.")

I figured you had a good reason to be gone so long. Photographic proof of your little bundle of joy will work. I guess we can accept that. Now, back to posting a female perspective on guns and pie! I don't care if that kid is hungry. TYPE!

Seriously, congratulations to both of you! There's no better way to get AOS than popping a kid out. "See, he really does love me, we have a kid together and everything!" OK. Only kidding. But really, that's pretty good evidence you're holding right there!

Hope to see you back on here if you have time. How's life going? Update us on how he's adjusting to life here, how you're both adjusting to being an international couple living together in the States, any funny stories, etc.

If we don't see you back here, thanks for the update, good luck, and have fun!

thanks! the husband is adjusting well. he skypes his family twice a week which keeps him close to home. he's been working since he arrived and has since been promoted and makes 50% more than when he started. he completed an ESL course testing 'advanced proficient.' he got his driver's license (after a few tries) so he was able to drive me to the hospital when it was baby time. my family sees russian orthodox as 'cultlike' and continue to be smallminded about his home remedies, superstitions, and being overall different from smalltown new jersians.

the baby is a lot of work, but the husband requested to move to midnights so we could avoid the dreaded daycare. he's a great dad- gentle, caring and playful.

we've definitely settled in. living together was tough at first- trying to learn each other's way of living and mostly me showing him how to live here. now that teacher/ student relationship is minimal and we live as partners- both of us pulling our weight around the house as far as $$$ and chores and him understanding american banking, healthcare, etc.

i'm sure each year i'll look back and see how we've grown since we definitely move fast in life!

Cool! Sounds like things are going really well for you guys. Glad to hear it.

Good luck with the family. While my family thinks it's "cute" that my wife does all those home remedies and yells at me for turning on the A/C and stuff like that I know that's nowhere near the same as having our family's traditional method of child rearing usurped by a foreign invader. I can empathize with you on that one. But, you have plenty of evidence that it works because, uh, Dima is all grown up now and Daniil will be just fine too. People had kids long before Dr. Spock wrote that book. How did they ever survive?

Don't be a stranger. And please, no matter what, don't make the kid wear the stripper boots at Halloween. He can be Darth Vader and all.... but the boots... uh...... just steal the candy like normal parents and be done with it already.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Cool! Sounds like things are going really well for you guys. Glad to hear it.

Good luck with the family. While my family thinks it's "cute" that my wife does all those home remedies and yells at me for turning on the A/C and stuff like that I know that's nowhere near the same as having our family's traditional method of child rearing usurped by a foreign invader. I can empathize with you on that one. But, you have plenty of evidence that it works because, uh, Dima is all grown up now and Daniil will be just fine too. People had kids long before Dr. Spock wrote that book. How did they ever survive?

me too! they came from a cold a$$ country, yet hate that cold "wind."

Don't be a stranger. And please, no matter what, don't make the kid wear the stripper boots at Halloween. He can be Darth Vader and all.... but the boots... uh...... just steal the candy like normal parents and be done with it already.

if i ever have a girl, i'll make her stripper booties

Edited by amberdima

"me too! they came from a cold a$$ country, yet hate that cold "wind."

My wife works with a bunch of Brazilians and Mexicans and they're always telling her "But we don't get hot in the summer. How can you be cold in the winter?"

"if I ever have a girl, I'll make her stripper booties"

I'm pretty sure that officially makes you MILF of the year. Congrats on that. At least she'll have on some sort of footwear when she uses the restroom at the service station in East Podunk, NJ. (I just hope you're not sporting the Darth Vader cap at the same time. Agh!... what has reality TV done to our country?)

Русский форум член.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow. This thread didn't even make it to page two before it degenerated.

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• 2 months later...

Very nice! Enjoy the rest of the summer - and stay cool. Has Dima completely adjusted now? We don't hear much about non-USC men, and what they go through.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.