LarrynElena

How to post a touch in the time line?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How do you post a touch to your time line? I see all the preset blocks for everything else, perhaps I am missing or overlooking it? Maybe someone here can enlighten me. Thanks :thumbs:

2-27-2010 Mailed package to VSC

3-03-2010 Received NOA 1 @ VSC

3-09-2010 Touch

5-31-2010 Touch (on Memorial day)

6-01-2010 Approved!! NOA 2

6-03-2010 NVC Received

6-07-2010 NVC Sent

6-24-2010 received @ embassy

8-11-2010 interview(Approved!!!!!!!)

9-09-2010 Arrival

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

How do you post a touch to your time line? I see all the preset blocks for everything else, perhaps I am missing or overlooking it? Maybe someone here can enlighten me. Thanks :thumbs:

No, you are not missing anything. You cannot post a Touch to the timeline, only enter it in your signature timeline. Generally there could be many touches when received and when approved or there might be none so it is not very significant for time lines.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

I posted mine in the comments section in the timelines.

Seemed like a good place for it.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I posted mine in the comments section in the timelines.

Seemed like a good place for it.

Hey, that is an idea I hadn't thought of. It would work but keep in mind, they derive duration of time statistics automatically from those timelines and the touches even in the comment section won't appear anywhere in the statistics.

Naturalization N-400

Yes, that's true, but touches are really random.

I don't think they're that much of an indicator as to when cases will be completed and the like.

Besides, I would think if touches were included... the timelines could get really confusing.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Touches, as they are referred to, are basicaly meaningless so there is no provision to track them. Some cases never get one, just an approval. Our case never received a touch (or an update which said approved, for that matter)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks all, I have figured out what I wished to do. I wanted to post this touch because it was activity on a holiday and I was amazed to see it. I would not have even known it even happened but Elena, my fiancee saw it and told me. The date has now changed to today and we are approved!!! I can't wait to talk to Elena and hear her reaction!

Edited by LarrynElena

2-27-2010 Mailed package to VSC

3-03-2010 Received NOA 1 @ VSC

3-09-2010 Touch

5-31-2010 Touch (on Memorial day)

6-01-2010 Approved!! NOA 2

6-03-2010 NVC Received

6-07-2010 NVC Sent

6-24-2010 received @ embassy

8-11-2010 interview(Approved!!!!!!!)

9-09-2010 Arrival

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on your approval!

A touch is just an update to the "last updated date", right?

If so, then we also have a "touch" with a Memorial day date. I wish it meant we'd get NOA2 (but obviously since we just got NOA1, that's not happening). Hope it doesn't mean an RFE is on the way.

K1 Journey

May 11, 2010: I-129F sent

May 19, 2010: Received at VSC

May 25, 2010: Check cashed

May 25, 2010: NOA1 (date on the notice)

May 31, 2010: touched (on Memorial Day?)

Jun 01, 2010: Received NOA1 paper copy (never received email)

Jun 25, 2010: Received NOA2 email (wow, VSC much faster than we expected!!!)

Jun 28, 2010: NVC received (estimated)

Jun 30, 2010: NVC sent to MNL

Jul 02, 2010: Received MNL number (phone call to NVC)

Jul 02, 2010: Received NOA2 paper copy

Jul 16 - 19 2010, Medical exam - Passed!

Aug 17, 2010: Interview - Passed!

Sep 01, 2010: Travel to US

Sep 01, 2010: POE SFO

Nov 27, 2010: Wedding

Nov 29, 2010: Start AOS

Congrats on your approval!

A touch is just an update to the "last updated date", right?

If so, then we also have a "touch" with a Memorial day date. I wish it meant we'd get NOA2 (but obviously since we just got NOA1, that's not happening). Hope it doesn't mean an RFE is on the way.

Yes, a touch is an update, but it doesn't have to mean you are getting RFE. It simply means that your file was checked, but your file can be touched several times before approval. We only got touched once so far, on May 21, and no RFE (thank God!). Good luck!!!

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.