B&T

File for ROC while USC husband is serving in Iraq?

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My sister in-law is applying for removing condition soon. However, my brother has been deployed to Iraq to serve in the military and he will come back in October this year, which is after her 2-year green card expiration date. I know that two signatures from my brother and her are required for joint application, so what should she do now because my brother is not here? Is there a signature waiver for military family member when her spouse is serving abroad? Thank you in advance for your help.

Naturalization

04/05/2010: Sent package to Dallas, TX lockbox via priority mail with delivery confirmation

04/07/2010: Package delivered in Dallas, TX

04/14/2010: Notice Date

04/19/2010: Received NOA in the mail

04/20/2010: RFE sent (Should it be the biometric letter?)

04/24/2010: Biometrics letter received (it is the RFE) scheduled for 05/06/2010

04/29/2010: Biometrics done (early walk-in)

05/19/2010: Received email advising that case has been transfered for standard interview at local office

05/21/2010: Interview letter received with notice date 05/17/2010

06/22/2010: Interview - passed

09/14/2010: Oath Ceremony at Boston, MA - Officially became US citizen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I found this thread.

My wife is on active duty (army)

It looks like she need to send him a form and signed and send it her back...

My husband is in Iraq until October/November 2010 as well, but he signed the form before he left and I just put the date in. I also included his orders. I would suggest to just send the paperwork to him, let him sign it and send it back to her. So far everything seemed to work out, I received my NOA and my biometrics appointment and no questions were asked...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for starting this thread. My hubby and I are due to send in our ROC paperwork in July and we just found out he's going to deploy again in September. That means he'll likely be gone before we get an approval. The package will be sent off before he gets his orders cut, but if anything I'll make a copy when he finally gets it and fax it in to USCIS to be added to our file.

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Thanks for replies. Anyway, can my brother's date of signature be before 90 days ahead of the green card expiration date? She is sending him the form so he will get it in mid June. She is eligible to apply in early July.

Naturalization

04/05/2010: Sent package to Dallas, TX lockbox via priority mail with delivery confirmation

04/07/2010: Package delivered in Dallas, TX

04/14/2010: Notice Date

04/19/2010: Received NOA in the mail

04/20/2010: RFE sent (Should it be the biometric letter?)

04/24/2010: Biometrics letter received (it is the RFE) scheduled for 05/06/2010

04/29/2010: Biometrics done (early walk-in)

05/19/2010: Received email advising that case has been transfered for standard interview at local office

05/21/2010: Interview letter received with notice date 05/17/2010

06/22/2010: Interview - passed

09/14/2010: Oath Ceremony at Boston, MA - Officially became US citizen

Thanks for replies. Anyway, can my brother's date of signature be before 90 days ahead of the green card expiration date? She is sending him the form so he will get it in mid June. She is eligible to apply in early July.

He doesn't have to date it, she can add the date later on.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.