Msrobin651

military question

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

why would a wife go on deployment with their husband... let me ask you this, have ever you gone on deployment with your husband?? hope you understand what deployment is.. example: my husband is going to japan, korea, other places for 6 months, do you think all the wives are going to each single places to be with their husband.. some are willing to visit but not staying. and again those guys will be working and they're not really allowed to tell us wives when where they will be going because it will jeopardize their mission.

i know your AF and im NAVY.. but deployment is deployment... talk to your husband about this

Edited by Sherry&Scott

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

okay so i just phoned my hubby and he said maybe AF is different.. but anyway if you guys are allowed to go on deployment with your hubby then im jealous!!!

No on the deployment even with the air force. 99% of the time when someone "deploys" they are going to a hostile area. If it is TDY (temporary duty...normally to the states or someplace fairly nice) then it is possible for the wife to meet at a place, but the military will not pay for it like a change of station. Being your husband is in the military, you can get your petition expedited especially if he will deploy.

But, it looks like he is not in the navy yet...the only way I know of for you to be with him faster is for him to be home stationed in an overseas location (home port) and then he could possibly get a SOFA (status of forces agreement) visa. If he gets home stationed in the US, then you have to do the visa just like the rest of everyone does.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh well sherry&scott I know theres a BIG diffrence about NAVY and AF...so maybe Navy spouse cant really go on their husband deployment esp when they r going to be deployed in the sand box or ocean like what Charles said...and charles in south Korea some military bring their family in Osan south korea but not in Kunsan and some other bases in Korea :innocent::innocent: deployment-iraq,afghanistan,korea,sand box and Ocean and where else???? :bonk: Change station-wherever the bases is....???

that may vary based on what service it is (af may be different than army). for the army, it's rank dependant - only ones i knew of in the army that were accompanied was very senior ranks - as their tour was longer.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, as far as I know (for the AF) Korea is one of the few deployment areas where the depending on the rank the wife might accompany him, and when that happens that tour is usually longer (at least a year).

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Yes, as far as I know (for the AF) Korea is one of the few deployment areas where the depending on the rank the wife might accompany him, and when that happens that tour is usually longer (at least a year).

Korea is not a deployment....it is a short tour unaccompanied or you can get a longer tour if you are command sponsored. I know Osan (for air force) can be command sponsored even for some of the the Jr. ranks because they want to make it a standard tour and save money from swapping out people all the time. The military member can however pay to bring his spouse along for only the one year tour...but like I said before it is not a deployment...it is being stationed there for a year or longer.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

i wonder if the OP understands this matter no word from her anymore :unsure:

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.