Msrobin651

military question

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

if my husband join the us navy and be sent off on his first mission how can me n my husband be together once

i arrive to the states.

I know if my husband put me as an dependent i can go with him but what if im

still in the Philippines when he goes on the mission what happens?

thanks...=)

if my husband join the us navy and be sent off on his first mission how can me n my husband be together once

i arrive to the states.

thanks...=)

Hello. Kasal na ba kayo? I think pwede pa rin niya isend yung application form kahit deployed siya. saka, hindi naman siya agad madedeploy kung magjjoin palang siya ng navy

i arrive to the states.

thanks...=)

if he get deployed you cant really go with him all dependants stays in US if you talking about being post overseas like in other country it will take 3 yrs more :)

Edited by Dianne♛

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Depends on when hes going to be deployed tho

i dont think she can go when her husband gets depoyed in either iraq or afghanistan :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

im a navy wife so here's how it is...

1: you can meet him wherever he will be deployed at but can't stay with him because they usually deploys to more then one place... my husband and his boat will be deploying for 6 months in august. some of the wives are going to meet their husband wherever they will be just for few days

2: You can live with your husband wherever he gets stationed at... My hubby is stationed in hawaii and i live with him.. let's say your husband gets stationed in okinawa japan then you can go there and live with him too. you just need to have your GC to come back in the states

Deployment really suck but you'll get used to it

so your husband haven't joined the navy yet??

im a navy wife so here's how it is...

1: you can meet him wherever he will be deployed at but can't stay with him because they usually deploys to more then one place... my husband and his boat will be deploying for 6 months in august. some of the wives are going to meet their husband wherever they will be just for few days

2: You can live with your husband wherever he gets stationed at... My hubby is stationed in hawaii and i live with him.. let's say your husband gets stationed in okinawa japan then you can go there and live with him too. you just need to have your GC to come back in the states

Deployment really suck but you'll get used to it

so your husband haven't joined the navy yet??

hopefully we'll get stationed back in hawaii next yr Schofield?? :)

Hi...U can go with ur husband if he puts u on his orders(";once u get in US and ur husband get deployed in some places like IRAQ,AFGHANISTAN U cannot go with him.ur husband might get a partment,house or if u like u can stay at ur inlaws.wait for him to get back from his deployment and then U guys can be together again(";

i arrive to the states.

thanks...=)

Timeline

hey sayitonce, she cannot go with her husband during deployment. she can meet him for few days or so.. the guys will be working during deployment and they go to more then one place. and most navy guys don't get deployed to iraq or afghanistan. not really sure why you guys are mentioning it. you can live with him wherever he gets stationed at

hey dianne, so you were already stationed in hawaii before.. i live like 15 minutes from schofield base

Edited by Sherry&Scott

She cannot go with her husband if her husband going to be deployed in IRAQ or AFGHANISTAN but since u are saying that SOME navy didnt get to deploy in IRAQ or AFGHANISTAN is I think Lucky(";going to other places means deployment for them and some places where they get deployed dependent/spouse can go and live with their husband...if the deployment last for like 6 mons-1 yr I think the spouse CANNOT go or spouse CAN just visit them if the places is not restricted....I am AF wife and I have friends and neighbor who's in Navy and we live here in okinawa Japan(";

hey sayitonce, she cannot go with her husband during deployment. she can meet him for few days or so.. the guys will be working during deployment and they go to more then one place. and most navy guys don't get deployed to iraq or afghanistan. not really sure why you guys are mentioning it. you can live with him wherever he gets stationed at

hey dianne, so you were already stationed in hawaii before.. i live like 15 minutes from schofield base

Edited by sayitonce

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

deployment is a temporary assignment. he can be deployed to the sandbox - iraq,afghanistan, etc. he can (navy and marines) be on a deployment (out sailing around the ocean). and no, you cannot go on a deployment, as previously mentioned.

a transfer, or change of station, you possibly can go (referred to as accompanied) - note some places are considered hardship tours (korea, for example) and you won't on his orders, or be command sponsored there, meaning you can't use the base facilities - and it's quite possible they won't even let him live off base. hardship tours are generally shorter in duration than accompanied tours.

topic title corrected.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

To MsRobin Please join FRG once you get here.. and if your hubby is on a sub, please meet up with the wives so they can help you out. Good luck!!!

oh well sherry&scott I know theres a BIG diffrence about NAVY and AF...so maybe Navy spouse cant really go on their husband deployment esp when they r going to be deployed in the sand box or ocean like what Charles said...and charles in south Korea some military bring their family in Osan south korea but not in Kunsan and some other bases in Korea :innocent::innocent: deployment-iraq,afghanistan,korea,sand box and Ocean and where else???? :bonk: Change station-wherever the bases is....???

As a navy wife i just told you how it is sayitonce. no on deployment..thank you charles!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.