Jessica&Carl

How Long To Come To The US?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just a quick question. How much time is my fiance allowed to wait before he comes to the US after he gets his Visa? I've heard 4 months and 6 months, would just like some clarification.

Thanks,

J

1/8/08- Met at Disney world

05/08- He came to meet my family

6/08- I went back to CO and he went back to NI

08/4/08- Went to meet his family in Ireland

12/14/08- Gave up and moved to Ireland!!!

07/6/09- Tourist Visa ran out and I had to go back to the states

09/23/09- He came to visit and asked me to marry him! yay!

10/14/09- He went home :(

10/28/09- I-129F mailed

11/4/09- Check Cashed!!!

11/8/09- NOA1 Hard Copy received

2/2/10- NOA2 Email received!!!

2/8/10- NOA2 Hard Copy Received!!!!

2/22/10- Packet 3 received (kind of)

5/28/10- Packet 4 Recieved

6/29/10- Medical Passed!

6/30/10- Interview APPROVED!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Usually it's 6 months - but it could be less (there's some exceptions, based on RFE dates or medical issues)

Pay attention to the expiration date on the visa, once it's issued.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

6 months. Any other answer is wrong, no matter who gives it to you.

He MUST enter the USA within 6 months of the issuance of the visa, there is an expiration date on the visa, he must enter before that date. When he enters, the visa is CANCELLED, it is valid for ONE entry only. He will be given an I-94 with an expiration date 90 days from when he enters, he must marry you before the expriration of the I-94.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Usually it's 6 months - but it could be less (there's some exceptions, based on RFE dates or medical issues)

Pay attention to the expiration date on the visa, once it's issued.

Thats what I thought. Thank you.

J

1/8/08- Met at Disney world

05/08- He came to meet my family

6/08- I went back to CO and he went back to NI

08/4/08- Went to meet his family in Ireland

12/14/08- Gave up and moved to Ireland!!!

07/6/09- Tourist Visa ran out and I had to go back to the states

09/23/09- He came to visit and asked me to marry him! yay!

10/14/09- He went home :(

10/28/09- I-129F mailed

11/4/09- Check Cashed!!!

11/8/09- NOA1 Hard Copy received

2/2/10- NOA2 Email received!!!

2/8/10- NOA2 Hard Copy Received!!!!

2/22/10- Packet 3 received (kind of)

5/28/10- Packet 4 Recieved

6/29/10- Medical Passed!

6/30/10- Interview APPROVED!!!

Six (6) months according to the Foreign Affairs Manual (FMA), but check the expiry on your visa to be sure. Mistakes can be made upon issuance.

9 FAM 41.81 PN3.6 Visa Fees and Validity

(CT:VISA-1097; 10-31-2008)

a. There is no additional processing fee for K visas. Applicants will pay only the standard Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee. There are no separate reciprocity fees.

b. The K-1 and K-2 visas shall be valid for six months for one entry. The K-3 and K-4 visas shall be valid for multiple entries for 24 months, unless constrained by security clearance requirement or waivers, which are valid

for a year or less. Unmarried aliens entering the United States as a K-4 shall be admitted for a period of 24 months or until that alien’s 21st birthday, whichever is shorter (see 8 CFR 214.2(k)(8) and 214.2(k)(11)(v)).

23Jan2010 "V" mailed I-129F (USPO return recp't & certified mail)

25Jan2010 NOA1 (website), 01Feb2010 via snail mail

26Jan2010 USPO return receipt received

27Jan2010 Check cashed

26Feb2010 NOA2 (website), 04Mar2010 via snail mail

06Mar2010 Petition received at NVC (website), 10Mar2010 via snail mail

17Mar2010 "Packet 3" received from Sydney Consulate (via email only)

24Mar2010 "L&V" mailed DS-230 to Sydney Consulate(sent from the US - certified mail)

_________| no activity for 26 days since "L" is still in the US. (we didn't expect the paperwork would flow so smoothly and quickly).

18Apr2010 "L" returned to Australia

19Apr2010 "L" - finger-printed & requested for police certificate

21Apr2010 "L" medical exam

23Apr2010 Police certificate received

30Apr2010 Medical results

01May2010 "L" Sent DS-1076 form + entire packet "ready for interview" to Sydney Consulate

10May2010 "Packet 4" received from Sydney Consulate (via email only)

25May2010 Interview

01Jun2010 Visa Received In-hand

28Jul2010 PoE San Francisco, California

02Aug2010 Tied the knot!!

_________ AOS (waiting for marriage certificate to file with I485/131/765/486)

"No lawyers were involved (or harmed) in this K-1 process"

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

6 months. Any other answer is wrong, no matter who gives it to you.

He MUST enter the USA within 6 months of the issuance of the visa, there is an expiration date on the visa, he must enter before that date. When he enters, the visa is CANCELLED, it is valid for ONE entry only. He will be given an I-94 with an expiration date 90 days from when he enters, he must marry you before the expriration of the I-94.

That's the policy but sometimes a Consulate (usually Manila) will set the expiration at six months from the date of the medical. Strange but true. There may also be an obscure country where the reciprocity is different but I'm not aware of one off hand.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.