fermat

I-130 Evidence of Bonafide Marriage

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm getting married next month to a woman from Germany that I met about 1 year ago. We're getting married here in the US and she is returning to her job in Germany until the visa process is complete, then move here. I plan to file the I-130 shortly after the marriage so I won't have most of the items in the list except for possible affidavits from guests at the wedding ceremony. I'm wondering what else should I include, if anything. Should I include photos, chats, plane tickets, and the rest of it? Most of this is taking place before the marriage so is it considered "evidence of a bonafide marriage"?

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-09-2011 Sent both packages to NVC

03-28-2011 Case complete

03-31-2011 Expedite Request Sent

s-event.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'm getting married next month to a woman from Germany that I met about 1 year ago. We're getting married here in the US and she is returning to her job in Germany until the visa process is complete, then move here. I plan to file the I-130 shortly after the marriage so I won't have most of the items in the list except for possible affidavits from guests at the wedding ceremony. I'm wondering what else should I include, if anything. Should I include photos, chats, plane tickets, and the rest of it? Most of this is taking place before the marriage so is it considered "evidence of a bonafide marriage"?

Some photos and communication evidence will do nicely for a newlywed visa case. Anything you read after the words, "In addition to the required..." is NOT required.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I sent our petition like 2 weeks after we married. We included photos from each visit that occured before the marriage, and a LOT of wedding photos. As well, we sent some letters that we'd sent each other over the years. It was all fine and we were approved. :)

Good luck !

Edited by Bern.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: Country:
Timeline

The only proof of "Bonafide" Marriage I sent with my I-130 was a copy of our Philippine Marriage Contract (Certificate) and 2 joint bank statements (2 different banks).

My I-130 was approved and my wife has resided in the US for 6 months and 1 day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You pretty much only need your marriage certificate as proof but if you want you can send additional stuff like affidavits from people who know you, photos, boarding passes etc. Just don't send everything you have because you will also need evidence to show the CO during the interview. I only sent a copy of our marriage certificate and 2 affidavits, one from my mom and one from my sister, along with the I-130. Nothing more.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.