Autumnchik

Happy news!

21 posts in this topic

Couldn't find the thread for sharing good stuff, so I just figured I would start this post. We just learned yesterday that hubby was accepted to nursing school. As many of you guys know, he has been unemployed for the past 2 years and we live in an area where, due to the economy, carpentry jobs are extremely scarce. So, this means there is an end in sight to our financial woes!!! And I can actually think about having another baby :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats! Health care is the best place to be, never be out of a job!!! :thumbs:

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to the both of you. :dance::dance:

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Congrats!

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Cool, Im a male RN,lol More and more guys going into nursing. Not to rain on ur parade, but time are tough even in the nursing world, BUT I believe being a guy really improves once chances of getting hired. If you/he has any questions, ask away! Congrats

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Never say never.

Congratz to hubby. Let him bring home the bacon, and cook it up in the pan.

Come on, this is to be a happy post! They have been thru a lot! Leave your sad ####### on the off topic forum!!

check out allnurses.com, LOT of info!! Check out the tabs at the top, especially the STUDENTS one! lot of great info!!

Edited by Flames9_RN

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Come on, this is to be a happy post! They have been thru a lot! Leave your sad ####### on the off topic forum!!

check out allnurses.com, LOT of info!! Check out the tabs at the top, especially the STUDENTS one! lot of great info!!

Yes, many congratz to hubby, and may he finish school with flying colors. Much happiness your way!

:dance:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Congrats

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!

Actually, here in Georgia the health care profession - all aspects of it - is booming. There are all sorts of jobs listed here for nurses as well as anything else you could ask for, so if you wanted to move back to Georgia after he finishes school he would probably have no problem finding a job.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Couldn't find the thread for sharing good stuff, so I just figured I would start this post. We just learned yesterday that hubby was accepted to nursing school. As many of you guys know, he has been unemployed for the past 2 years and we live in an area where, due to the economy, carpentry jobs are extremely scarce. So, this means there is an end in sight to our financial woes!!! And I can actually think about having another baby smile.gif

That is so exciting!!!! :) Congrats!!

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Thanks for the replies :) Flames, appreciate the info. I will pass it on to hubby.

Kathryn - Good to know about GA. We don't know where we will be after the next 2 years, but moving back to GA is definitely a consideration :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.