Chazzie

A # on I 129 f form

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI! Im filling out my I 129 f form and was just wondering if i still need to write down my Alien number on Part A. Question #8b.?

I will be be having my oath taking on Wednesday and my oath letter stated i should bring my green card.Im thinking since ill be a US citizen after oath taking i have to give them back my green card.(?)

So does that mean , i dont have to put any answer on Part A question #8 b?

Thanks everyone!innocent.gif

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You know what. I do not think anyone has the correct answer because there is not an instruction for what to do, so no one answer is positively correct.

Would it be terrible to put the A# in 8b. No, it won't be bad and it might even avoid an RFE.

In question 10 you will need to check Naturalization and Enter the certificate number and place of issue.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You know what. I do not think anyone has the correct answer because there is not an instruction for what to do, so no one answer is positively correct.

Would it be terrible to put the A# in 8b. No, it won't be bad and it might even avoid an RFE.

In question 10 you will need to check Naturalization and Enter the certificate number and place of issue.

Good luck.

hello. I have the same question. I got NAturalized last Friday. And i'm on the process of filing I-129F. In G-325A on the upper right (1st line ) asking about File Number?What should I put there? Then on the very bottom was asking about my A#. SO since I don't have my alien # anymore . is it ok to put NOne Or N/A?

One more question. Where can I find my number of certificate (Q. 10) Because the naturalization certificate has two number. one'writen in red and the other one starts in A. which is which?

Thank u in advance/.

02/21/11: POE L.A.

03/04/11: Applied for SSI

04/01/11: passed actual Driving test!

04/08/11 Wedding Day

04/28/11: AOS packet sent USPS

04/29/20: AOS received by J.C (Chicago)

05/04/11: Tx message from USCIS that application rec'v

05/04/11: check cashed $1,070 whew!

05/23/11: Biometrics Appt @ 2pm

06/07/11: USCIS text notification

07/09/11: Interview/ AOS Approved!/ Card production tx notice

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

Timeline

hello. I have the same question. I got NAturalized last Friday. And i'm on the process of filing I-129F. In G-325A on the upper right (1st line ) asking about File Number?What should I put there? Then on the very bottom was asking about my A#. SO since I don't have my alien # anymore . is it ok to put NOne Or N/A?

One more question. Where can I find my number of certificate (Q. 10) Because the naturalization certificate has two number. one'writen in red and the other one starts in A. which is which?

Thank u in advance/.

Hiyee! That's what i was thinking too!dont put any on A# since we dont have our green card anymore.tongue_ss.gif

I dont have my certificate yet coz my oath is tommorrow but here's what i found out...The naturalization certificate number is the number located on the top right hand corner. It should be in red ink, begining with the hyphenated word No. (which is short for the word "number") followed by the number of your naturalization certificate. To make it clearer, it shold look something like this No. 98765432 in RED INK. CAll 1-800-375-5283 for any other inquiries. blush.gif

Edited by Chazzie

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Timeline

Thank u chazzie for the info. I'll be send the package this week. I'm just super stressed out. Hope everything will be ok and smooth.

Are u going to file I-129f too?

Well goodluck to both us!

04/08/11 Wedding Day

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

Timeline

Thank u chazzie for the info. I'll be send the package this week. I'm just super stressed out. Hope everything will be ok and smooth.

Are u going to file I-129f too?

Well goodluck to both us!

thanks!!!yup! mine is ready. It's like a project!lol.I placed everything in a binder and included table of contents.hahaha.I just need my cert # and copy of nat cert.I'll be mailing mine thursday!

good luck to us!!!kicking.gif

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Timeline

thanks!!!yup! mine is ready. It's like a project!lol.I placed everything in a binder and included table of contents.hahaha.I just need my cert # and copy of nat cert.I'll be mailing mine thursday!

good luck to us!!!kicking.gif

:dance: :dance:

GoodLuck and Congrats for tomorrow's oath taking!

one down! more to gO...... (L)

04/08/11 Wedding Day

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank u in advance/.

I got naturalized in April and sent in my I-129F earlier this month and referenced my A#. USCIS also referenced my A# on the NOA1 receipt, so I'm guessing it doesn't hurt in helping them to track, especially in proving your eligibility. If you look closely, your A# is even on your Naturalization Cert! :o We're only naturalized aliens :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

HI! Im filling out my I 129 f form and was just wondering if i still need to write down my Alien number on Part A. Question #8b.?

I will be be having my oath taking on Wednesday and my oath letter stated i should bring my green card.Im thinking since ill be a US citizen after oath taking i have to give them back my green card.(?)

enter it. Technically your A number is retired when you become a citizen and you MUST be a citizen to petition a fiancee. Notice that the form asks the citizen for an A number as an answer to "8b" while for the foreign fiancee it is question "9". Clearly they know that a person MUST be a citizen to be the petitioner and therefore may HAVE HAD an A number, whereas the foreign beneficiary likely does not have one. They want the number to be able to reference your background. ANY information you can give them to detail yourself can shorten your wait. If you name comes up on a "bad guy" list during the background check, the more information they have to eliminate YOU as "that guy" is to your benefit.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

A good rule to follow is that when an immigration form asks a question, you answer it. If the answer is unknown, you can write unknown. Sounds like you know your A number. If so, definitely write it. The only "instruction" you need to be sure this is absolutely the correct answer is General instruction 3 from the I-129F instructions.

3. Answer all questions fully and accurately. State that an item is not applicable with "N/A." If the answer is none, write "none."

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks everyone! I entered my A # both on I129F form and G325A.

Thanks s0o much for all the insights!good.gif

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.