Anichka

Request For Initial Evidence? :(

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am so mad and sad right now. We received a Request for Evidence for my husband's I-485 form. They are asking us to include a form I-864 affidavit of support which we did. My sister is the sponsor. We included the affidavit which included my sister who is supporting the principal immigrant, my husband. Then we included a contract between my sister and me, because I am a student and unable to provide an affidavit for my husband. We included copy of income tax. Now this is what they said to include:

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support was submitted; however, it was not from the petitioner/sponsor

Submit a completed and signed form I-864 from the petitioner/sponsor listed on form I-29F. Even if a joint sponsor will be used the petitioner/sponsor must submit form I-864.

and

The joint sponsor on Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, must submit all supporting tax documentations.

The thing is, I don't understand, we submitted it already. Or do they need for us to submit an affidavit where my sister is supporting me also? I am sorry to bother with this question, I am just a little bit confused of what they want from us. I called the NVC customer service and got a human robot to talk to me, who was just repeating the same sentence 10 times.

Can anyone help out or know where I can call to actually speak to a human rather than machines and human machines.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I am so mad and sad right now. We received a Request for Evidence for my husband's I-485 form. They are asking us to include a form I-864 affidavit of support which we did. My sister is the sponsor. We included the affidavit which included my sister who is supporting the principal immigrant, my husband. Then we included a contract between my sister and me, because I am a student and unable to provide an affidavit for my husband. We included copy of income tax. Now this is what they said to include:

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support was submitted; however, it was not from the petitioner/sponsor

Submit a completed and signed form I-864 from the petitioner/sponsor listed on form I-29F. Even if a joint sponsor will be used the petitioner/sponsor must submit form I-864.

and

The joint sponsor on Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, must submit all supporting tax documentations.

The thing is, I don't understand, we submitted it already. Or do they need for us to submit an affidavit where my sister is supporting me also? I am sorry to bother with this question, I am just a little bit confused of what they want from us. I called the NVC customer service and got a human robot to talk to me, who was just repeating the same sentence 10 times.

Can anyone help out or know where I can call to actually speak to a human rather than machines and human machines.

Even though your sister is the CO-sponsor, YOU are the primary sponsor (even if you don't make enough to qualify on your own, or if you don't make anything at all.) You will need to fill out and submit an I-864 about YOU with your supporting documents (ie, tax transcripts or similar for the last 3 years, or if you haven't filed taxes in the last 3 years, a letter stating why you did not file.)

For the second one - did your sister include tax transcripts or returns & W-2s for the last 3 years? If not that is the evidence they are looking for. You will need to submit her financial evidence and complete an I-864 for yourself.

Edited by katie & sifa

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Timeline

Even though your sister is the CO-sponsor, YOU are the primary sponsor (even if you don't make enough to qualify on your own, or if you don't make anything at all.) You will need to fill out and submit an I-864 about YOU with your supporting documents (ie, tax transcripts or similar for the last 3 years, or if you haven't filed taxes in the last 3 years, a letter stating why you did not file.)

For the second one - did your sister include tax transcripts or returns & W-2s for the last 3 years? If not that is the evidence they are looking for. You will need to submit her financial evidence and complete an I-864 for yourself.

Okie, so I just have to submit an affidavit from myself and a letter stating why i did not file taxes. And yes, my sister did submit a copy of her income tax.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We received a Request for Evidence for my husband's I-485 form. They are asking us to include a form I-864 affidavit of support which we did. My sister is the sponsor. We included the affidavit which included my sister who is supporting the principal immigrant, my husband. Then we included a contract between my sister and me, because I am a student and unable to provide an affidavit for my husband. We included copy of income tax. Now this is what they said to include:

RFE 1:

and

RFE 2:

Just to confirm. In your situation you are the USC and your husband is the immigrant. Your sister is your co-sponsor.

This is what you should have sent (you might have, I'm just confirming):

1. I-864 from you

2. Tax returns (or transcripts from the IRS) for the last financial year (2009), you must have a least filed for all three years OR a letter stating why you did not file for the last three years.

3. OPTIONAL - copies of your previous 2 tax years information (inc w2's etc) OR transcripts (that's 2008 and 2007)

4. I-864A ONLYif your sister is living with you OR I-864 for your sister if she is NOT living with you.

5. Your sisters's tax return including all W2's, 1099's and schedules OR an IRS transcript, for the most recent tax year (now is 2009). She must have at least filed for the last 3 years.

6. OPTIONAL - copies of your sisters previous 2 tax years information (inc w2's etc) OR transcripts (that's 2008 and 2007)

Of that list what did you include? From your RFE (and your answer) I see you missed out on 1 and 2 (and 3)

From the second RFE it looks like your sister may have not included ALL of the forms she had with her tax return (like the w2's, 1099's etc). Tax transcripts are easiest and are free from the IRS. You can have them faxed to you which is quicker, or it will take about 10 days to get them by post (sometimes sooner, sometimes later). There is an AOS thread in my signature which has the information for contacting the IRS.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Just to confirm. In your situation you are the USC and your husband is the immigrant. Your sister is your co-sponsor.

This is what you should have sent (you might have, I'm just confirming):

1. I-864 from you

2. Tax returns (or transcripts from the IRS) for the last financial year (2009), you must have a least filed for all three years OR a letter stating why you did not file for the last three years.

3. OPTIONAL - copies of your previous 2 tax years information (inc w2's etc) OR transcripts (that's 2008 and 2007)

4. I-864A ONLYif your sister is living with you OR I-864 for your sister if she is NOT living with you.

5. Your sisters's tax return including all W2's, 1099's and schedules OR an IRS transcript, for the most recent tax year (now is 2009). She must have at least filed for the last 3 years.

6. OPTIONAL - copies of your sisters previous 2 tax years information (inc w2's etc) OR transcripts (that's 2008 and 2007)

Of that list what did you include? From your RFE (and your answer) I see you missed out on 1 and 2 (and 3)

From the second RFE it looks like your sister may have not included ALL of the forms she had with her tax return (like the w2's, 1099's etc). Tax transcripts are easiest and are free from the IRS. You can have them faxed to you which is quicker, or it will take about 10 days to get them by post (sometimes sooner, sometimes later). There is an AOS thread in my signature which has the information for contacting the IRS.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you! I actually figured it out with the help of people on here that I did not include an affidavit from myself. I didn't know I had to because I am a full time student and unemployed since forever. Its all okay now, because I know what to send them now. Thank you all so much for the help! :) :) :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.