bmagno23

EVIDENCE OF CURRENT SUSTAINED INCOME

122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

yes pushbrk, i dont know what they still need the evidence of the sustained income from me when i dont even qualify to begin with, there has to be an option where they accept my joint sponsor, i know i am not the only one in this situation, there are many out there that may need the joint sponsor too. they cant just deny us after all that we have done...if they only wanted the petitioners to be able to only petition with out the joint sponsor then they should have made that clear to begin with and i know that i may be below the poverty income now but they should know that times can change and i am most certaint that once she is here, i will do my best to support her through loving her unconditionally as i haved since we met and financially. i hope they will accept the supporting documents (tax papers, paystubs, bank statements) on monday and we will go from there. i just want this to be done with, its so stressful. i wish i could call them and ask them exactly what they need!!!!

HI BMagno23... oh wooww i was reading ur posted,, and my boyfriend and me has the same situation, but i am from colombia and i guess we can join a sponsor... but i a not sure so i am so worry... even if we are still waiitng for our NOA2,, my fisance in usa has the same problem taht u have he is studing and working part time so the 2009 he made like the same u made..

I WISH YOU THE BEST FOR UR PROCCESS.. I KNOW U AND UR FIANCE WILL BE OK THIS MONDAY :) GOD BLESS YOU :thumbs: !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, they can and Manila often does deny K1 visas when the USC Fiance doesn't qualify EVEN when a qualifying affidavit from a cosponsor has been offered. Anytime an option or decision is referred to, there's no assurance of the result you want. That's what I'm trying to get through your skull.

Hello pushbrk, how u doing...

well i am form Colombia and my fiance is americna we are sooner to our NOA2, but my fiance hasnt meet the 125% of the guidline cause he study and work part time the las year but..in 2008 he was maing good money... so we will use a co-sponosr her mother.. but i want to know if u or someone can explain me how it work.. if both has to fill out the I-134., and how much has his mon make in money to can be able to be a co.sponsor and what happend with my fiace incobe will be it count or not.. thank you so much for ur colaboration if someone know about Join Co-sponsor..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi sandrajustin. what we did was i filled the i-134 (affidavit of support) and my parents filled the i-134 too. im sure your place is a lot less strict then south asia because the manila embassy didnt even acknowledge my joint sponser (my parents). tnk you and i wish you the best of luck too!!! =)

Timeline

i wrote a letter as well as am sending via email for my fiance to print and give them to the embassy 10 copies of my paystubs and tax transcripts and a copy of my college diploma. in the short letter i explained why i was not making enough income, how i was only working parttime and was a full time student and that i was living with my parents too. i wrote that now i have a fulltime job and am independently supporting myself now that i graduated from college. I hope that they will accept it. I have my college diploma and they will see that so im sure that it would make sense why my income was low and because i have that diploma for them to see they will know that i am educated and would be able to support her. i hope they accept it, i really hope so.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

i wrote a letter as well as am sending via email for my fiance to print and give them to the embassy 10 copies of my paystubs and tax transcripts and a copy of my college diploma. in the short letter i explained why i was not making enough income, how i was only working parttime and was a full time student and that i was living with my parents too. i wrote that now i have a fulltime job and am independently supporting myself now that i graduated from college. I hope that they will accept it. I have my college diploma and they will see that so im sure that it would make sense why my income was low and because i have that diploma for them to see they will know that i am educated and would be able to support her. i hope they accept it, i really hope so.

Is your current income sufficient to qualify? Current is today, not anything that "was". Explaining why income WAS low in the past but unless your job NOW pays enough, the explanation of the past will is extremely unlikely to make up for too low an income now.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

well i am getting paid 11.00 per hour and am fulltime so 11X2080(min.annual amount of hours as fulltime) = $22880, to meet the poverty guidelines i only need $18000...well here in the us anyway...its not much of a job but at least i have something. when i was working part-time i only had $11,000 annual gross income.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

well i am getting paid 11.00 per hour and am fulltime so 11X2080(min.annual amount of hours as fulltime) = $22880, to meet the poverty guidelines i only need $18000...well here in the us anyway...its not much of a job but at least i have something. when i was working part-time i only had $11,000 annual gross income.

It would have simplified our discussion if you had stated this up front. Your current income qualifies, (You made it sound like your income was currently too low, when you wrote, " i did not meet the poverty line so i had my parents as my joint sponsor.") so you provide exactly what they asked for, evidence of current sustained income. Yes, I would provide an update I-134 signed, stating the current income and backed up by pay stubs and an Employer letter if possible.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It would have simplified our discussion if you had stated this up front. Your current income qualifies, (You made it sound like your income was currently too low, when you wrote, " i did not meet the poverty line so i had my parents as my joint sponsor.") so you provide exactly what they asked for, evidence of current sustained income. Yes, I would provide an update I-134 signed, stating the current income and backed up by pay stubs and an Employer letter if possible.

He stated it yesterday:

hi pushbrk! tnk you for your reply. so do you mean they have rejected the whole affidavit of support because they dont accept my co sponser (my parents) and because i dont meet the proverty guidelines? so i must re-do the whole affidavit of support over? i assume i NOW CURRENTLY make the minimum $18,000 here in the us because i make $11 X 2080(full-time hours in 1 year)= $22880. but on last year tax return (2009) i only had about $11500 because i only worked part-time because i was goin to school full time. i will have my fiance go back monday and have her give them my paystubs and tax documents and current bank statement and will go from there. if they still dont accept that i dont know what to do. the only thing that check marked on the things they need is the EVIDENCE of SUSTAINED INCOME so im hoping they dont need me to send in a whole new affidavit of support again along with the sustained income. This has been a roller coaster ride that has stressed my whole family and expecially the two of us. I hope this will be resolved soon.

bmagno,

You seem to assume that because in past years you did not meet the poverty guidelines that you are not eligible to sponsor based on your current income.

This is not correct. The most important piece of evidence for your affidavit of support is your current income. You are proceeding correctly by giving them evidence of this.

Good luck!

Timeline

my fiancee just finished her interview at the manila embassy but was given a noticed stating that they are not able to complete the process of the immigrant visa application until we present the EVIDENCE OF CURRENT SUSTAINED INCOME from me (the petitioner). I am fairly confused on what to do next. I am stressed, worried, cant sleep or even eat. This is so overwhelming. We are so close and yet so far. Can anyone please help us out there? can someone shed some light? We are planning to have her go back on monday with copies of my current paystubs from present to a years past, w2's from 2009, 2008 and even 2007 and my bank statements. will that be sufficient? or would i need to re-do the whole affidavit of support over ontop of that proof? can anyone give me all the examples of current EVIDENCE OF SUSTAINED INCOME to satisfy the embassy?? thankyou for all your help and i look forward to anyone with an answer.

Hi! Bmagno23, Me and my fiance have gone through what you were experiencing right now.My fiance declared loss in his tax return due to loss in his business.During my interview CO said he can't give me visa coz my fiance's income is not enough to support me.But I was given this white paper asking for my fiance's original affidavit of support.When I submitted the affidavit,I also attached his certificate of employment.After two weeks I got I a letter from them,saying that I will not be granted a visa due to inadequate financial support and if I wanted to discuss the matter , a date was given for the disposition of my case by the CO.Don't you think mine is more stressful? Don't loose hope. What you need to do is get a certification from your employer of your year do date income.That's what the embassy needs.To show them a proof that you have ongoing income that will support you and your fiancee when she comes over eventually. Good Luck!!

By the way during the disposition , i went to the embassy with my fiance.the CO said "Everything's solved". No questions whatsoever about my fiance's finances.We were able to get the PINK SLIP. I am sure you will get it too.

Timeline

Hi! Bmagno23, Me and my fiance have gone through what you were experiencing right now.My fiance declared loss in his tax return due to loss in his business.During my interview CO said he can't give me visa coz my fiance's income is not enough to support me.But I was given this white paper asking for my fiance's original affidavit of support.When I submitted the affidavit,I also attached his certificate of employment.After two weeks I got I a letter from them,saying that I will not be granted a visa due to inadequate financial support and if I wanted to discuss the matter , a date was given for the disposition of my case by the CO.Don't you think mine is more stressful? Don't loose hope. What you need to do is get a certification from your employer of your year do date income.That's what the embassy needs.To show them a proof that you have ongoing income that will support you and your fiancee when she comes over eventually. Good Luck!!

By the way during the disposition , i went to the embassy with my fiance.the CO said "Everything's solved". No questions whatsoever about my fiance's finances.We were able to get the PINK SLIP. I am sure you will get it too.

congratulations to you, my fiance finally went to on monday to the embassy to give them what they needed. i had prepared for her tax transcripts dating back since 2006, paystubs (a whole lot of it!....12 pages if i recall), diploma and even a statement letter from me stating why i had made less then the poverty guidelines from 2009 tax return. i also had prepared my current bank statement, plus my part-time job verification letter and paystubs and last but not least the w2 from 2009 (most current).

come to find out all they took from all of that was my paystubs from my fulltime job, current bank statement, my partime job verification and paystubs from that, my letter statement to them and the w2 from 2009. thats what they said was more then sufficient as evidence of sustained income.

they saw my diploma but said they didnt need it as well as the tax transcripts since 2006. they already had a copy of my w2 from 2009 but took this other one anyway...the new reviewer told my fiance that the initial reviewer overlooked it, can you believe that?

this time they took her passport from her and stated to her that a authroized air carrier will bring it to her with the visa.

they told us to wait 7-10 days. we are waiting.

Timeline

tnk you tahoma and chinook!!!!!!!! btw, i love your pictures on your blog, i didnt know you guys are in seattle. i am here in everett. do you think its best to hire a lawyer when dealing with getting the green card and applying for the job permit when my fiance gets here? or can we simply do it ourselves, any recommendations?

1) there has to be an option where they accept my joint sponsor

2) they cant just deny us after all that we have done

1) No there doesn't have to be an option where they accept your joint sponsor and they usually will not.

2) Yes they can and have denied applications because of insufficient income--it is a common reason for denial.

There is a path where joint sponsors are allowed by statute--if you get married and file for your spouse to get the CR-1 visa. Joint sponsors are always allowed using the I-864 for the CR-1 visa.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

congratulations to you, my fiance finally went to on monday to the embassy to give them what they needed. i had prepared for her tax transcripts dating back since 2006, paystubs (a whole lot of it!....12 pages if i recall), diploma and even a statement letter from me stating why i had made less then the poverty guidelines from 2009 tax return. i also had prepared my current bank statement, plus my part-time job verification letter and paystubs and last but not least the w2 from 2009 (most current).

come to find out all they took from all of that was my paystubs from my fulltime job, current bank statement, my partime job verification and paystubs from that, my letter statement to them and the w2 from 2009. thats what they said was more then sufficient as evidence of sustained income.

they saw my diploma but said they didnt need it as well as the tax transcripts since 2006. they already had a copy of my w2 from 2009 but took this other one anyway...the new reviewer told my fiance that the initial reviewer overlooked it, can you believe that?

this time they took her passport from her and stated to her that a authroized air carrier will bring it to her with the visa.

they told us to wait 7-10 days. we are waiting.

Am so glad to hear that! CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Junior Member, I have read all your posts. by the way congratulations! We also encountered a while ago this kind of problem in processing k1 visa here in Manila. they need me to submit my fiancee's evidence of current sustained income. She's earning $9.20 full time an hour so X 2080 would be $19,136. would that be sufficient since the required annual income should be greater than 18,000/year? She was employed last November 2009 that's why i told her to send me her pay stubs for the past six months and bank statements.

I have some clarifications, after submitting all the lacking documents to the embassy should I wait inside for the results? will i know the results immediately? because someone from the embassy told us that it would take 1 to 2 weeks for further review.. please help me because I'm confused with this one. thanks in advance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.