danii771

I-134 and Income

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

So I am trying to start on the next step while I wait for my NOA2 to arrive .. but regarding the I-134 and whole supporting my fiance. I'm lost.

Where it asks about my income, I'm not sure how much I'll make this year. I have a full time job, but I am an hourly employee so I do not have a definite amount that I can say.

I'll provide a letter from my employer saying that I have a secure job, but it's the exact income that worries me.

Someone here told me that depending on who reviews my application it will depend if they'll review my current income or my past tax returns more. But the problem with my past tax returns is that they'll all show that I earned Below the 125%. I graduated high school last year (I know I'm young) but I've been working part-time since I was 16 and last year's return I believe I made only $15,000, but I lived at home for most of the year and my parents supported me. The year before that I made even less.

By the end of this year I Hope to have made at least $22-25,000 ... but since I am also a full time college student my hours sometimes vary from week-week. Sometimes my paycheck (bi-weekly) may be 1,000+ sometimes 900 or less. So there really is no 'definite' income that I can say for this year.

Please help!! any ideas what I should say on this form??

Thank you!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

how many hours do you work a week and how much do you earn per hour, use the below formula to compute how much you earn per year, I-134 uses the amount before tax.

Amount Earned Per Hour X 2080 = How Much you earn per year (This is the number you would put in the I-134)

2080 hours is for full time position.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Timeline

how many hours do you work a week and how much do you earn per hour, use the below formula to compute how much you earn per year, I-134 uses the amount before tax.

Amount Earned Per Hour X 2080 = How Much you earn per year (This is the number you would put in the I-134)

2080 hours is for full time position.

oh okay thank you!! so according to this my income will be $27,040. I earn 13/h but like I said sometimes I work more/less so overtime is 20/h. anyway that is way over the poverty line requirements, just my concern is will they accept this income? and disregard what the tax returns will show.. because as I mentioned I don't think I'll be able to find a co-sponsor. :unsure:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

for the I-134 you will need your income tax return and letter from your employer to confirm that you are actually earning this much, if your interview is before the next tax year then prior income tax return and letter from your employer would suffice, the letter should be more or less of the $$ amount you projected, so as long as you are making over the poverty line then use the $$ that is on the employer letter...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hopefully you have kept every pay stub you have received from this year.

1) Using your current rate of earnings for this year is perfectly acceptable and actually preferred. It would not be a misrepresentationn of any form. So take the amount you have earned so far, and extrapolate (estimate the amount) for the full year's earnings. With the paystubs you can document this income. With your prior years teax returns you won't be able to document the currnt years income.

2) Include however many years of tax returns you have (up tio three years) for documentation sake.

3) The letter from the employer won't do much to document what you will earn this year. If you are a college student, you will have a difficult time continuing to earn at that rate or keep up decent grades in school. One of the two might have to give. Your fiance(e) might receive the I-134 back requesting an explanation (221g) of how you will continue to support him/her while you are in school.

4) You might want to consider finding a joint sponsor. You would need to determine if the Embassy/Consulate where you fiance(e) will interview accepts a joint sponsor. I think most do but Southeast Asia typically does not.

5) When you do marry and file for AOS, you will need to go through this again with the I-864.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving from K-1 forum

US Embassy and Consulate DiscussionYou are almost there and now you have to deal with the embassy. This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Timeline

Thank you!

I have kept every stub since I started my current job (a year ago). You make a good point that if I'm a college student one or the other has got to go. But I started working at my job last June just when my fiance came to the States and lived with me for 5 months. I was able to support him, as he never found a job in Chicago. Then my semester started and I kept my job, supported him, and I actually have very decent grades. I mean what if I show them a transcript (I bet they won't care) but I just want to prove that my work will not affect my school as it has never in the past!

My job is very flexible with me and will actually do anything to keep me so every quarter (semester) they accommodate to my class schedule so I will be able to keep on working and going to school. But I guess how to prove this to them?

again much thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think you will be fine. The most important first step is to document your current income flow.

You are fortunate to have a positive job situation where they are willing to accommodate your studies. It probably will not come up as an issue.

Good luck

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.