brian89

Filling K1 out together

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Dear all,

This summer me and my girlfriend (going to be fiance) will fill out the K1 forms together.

I will be going to the US to propose to her and start the K1 Proces. We want to send the I-129F package out when im there.

What is it that I need to bring from my here to the US to ad with the I-129F form? What I only was thinking about is evidence of a relationship and my birthcertificate?

Is that all?

Thanks!

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

09/20/10 - Package arrived in Dallas,TX

09/22/10 - NOA1 (e-mail), routed to VSC

Timeline

Thank you, I know about the guide but I was just wondering what kind of advice people can give me on what I should bring with me to the states if we want to fill out the I-129F

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

Thank you, I know about the guide but I was just wondering what kind of advice people can give me on what I should bring with me to the states if we want to fill out the I-129F

Karin was here with me when I put together the I-129f package - didn't bring anything special with her. Her BC wasn't needed.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Dear all,

This summer me and my girlfriend (going to be fiance) will fill out the K1 forms together.

I will be going to the US to propose to her and start the K1 Proces. We want to send the I-129F package out when im there.

What is it that I need to bring from my here to the US to ad with the I-129F form? What I only was thinking about is evidence of a relationship and my birthcertificate?

Is that all?

Thanks!

That's all listed in the I-129F instructions. It will be critical to your eventual success to carefully study the guides and form instructions. It works infinitely better that asking to be spoon fed through the process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

So the get it all straigted out:

A fiance (not from the US) who is coming to the US to start filling the I-129F together, doesnt need to bring anything?

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

Filed: Timeline

So the get it all straigted out:

A fiance (not from the US) who is coming to the US to start filling the I-129F together, doesnt need to bring anything?

Nowhere did anyone say you should bring nothing with you. It really is imperative that both you and your fiancee read the guides. Who has what in terms of evidence depends on you...if she has the pics/boarding passes/etc, then no, you don't need to bring that with you. Of course you need your birth certificate, passport, etc.

What push and I are suggesting is that you both read those guides...it explains everything that you need to assemble your package. And as push said and I implied, understanding the process and what is req'd is infinitely better than expecting to be spoon fed your petition.

Good luck!

Timeline

Of course you need your birth certificate, passport, etc.

Why did 'otto und Karin' say that I dont need to bring my birth certificate (im not the USC)? Any other forgneirs who applied with (or without) birh certificate?

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

Filed: Timeline

Why did 'otto und Karin' say that I dont need to bring my birth certificate (im not the USC)? Any other forgneirs who applied with (or without) birh certificate?

My bad, when I filed, I included it. Perhaps the rules have changed since then.

Perfect example of the necessity of reading the link I posted...I just re-read it to confirm, and indeed...Karen & Otto is correct.

I said we (or Karin rather) didn't bring anything special. We had already gathered evidence of meeting but added her boarding passes etc from that trip to the package. If you look at the guide everyone is talking about - there isn't a lot that is needed from the foreign beneficiary at the petition stage. Certainly not things they'd need to bring with them (unless perhaps, things mentioned in #13 & 14 apply to you).

I'd bring the birth certificate - just in case, so your USC fiancé has it - I've seen rare cases where it has been asked for (although its not needed from most folks).

Timeline

The problem is tho, that I Holland we dont really have something like a birth certificate. Maybe the so called 'Geboorte akte'. I will look into that. Thanks for the help!

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I said we (or Karin rather) didn't bring anything special. We had already gathered evidence of meeting but added her boarding passes etc from that trip to the package. If you look at the guide everyone is talking about - there isn't a lot that is needed from the foreign beneficiary at the petition stage. Certainly not things they'd need to bring with them (unless perhaps, things mentioned in #13 & 14 apply to you).

I'd bring the birth certificate - just in case, so your USC fiancé has it - I've seen rare cases where it has been asked for (although its not needed from most folks).

As I mentioned before, the guides AND the I-129F instructions are critical to your success. What you call a birth certificate is not important. You'll need it later, not with the petition filing. It will be a government record of your birth, date, place and parents' names at minimum.

AFTER you read the I-129F instructions, you'll know if you need to bring anything besides the knowledge in your head. You may well need to bring something (like a divorce decree, if applicable) but it will be case specific, not generic. Read the I-129F instructions, both of you.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The problem is tho, that I Holland we dont really have something like a birth certificate. Maybe the so called 'Geboorte akte'. I will look into that. Thanks for the help!

if I were you i would read the guides to see what you need.

Holland DOES have a birth certificate equivilent....geboorte akte or something like that. smile.gif

Also whats also important ( and I am sure you already know because you read the guides) is that you cannot stay here after filing the 129F. you have to return to Holland and fill paperwork there and wait for Embassy interview in AMS.

good luck!!rose.gif

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I would suggest possibly filling out your G-325A before you head over to the US or look over the form before you leave at least.

It asks you to list your residence for the past 5 years and asks for the years you resided there (if you've lived in more than one place, you may not remember the address and/or year you lived there). I had to search my file for my last address that I lived at in 2006.

It also asks for your employment for the last 5 years. Again you might not remember details, so it's wise to maybe fill out those parts before you leave for the US.

We are heading to the US next week and filing in July, so I'm glad I did my G-325A before I left :)

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Karin was here with me when I put together the I-129f package - didn't bring anything special with her. Her BC wasn't needed.

Copy of passport is also proof of date of birth.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.