Gary and Alla

Yeah Sure!

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I like the furniture idea Gary. You might also try a little misdirection, since you seem destined to catch hell anyway. Go look at another house in the country, and tell Pasha you are having trouble adapting to city life - do not draw conclusions for him. When Alla goes ballistic, just tell her you don't know what he's talking about. I am kidding of course, but it would be a blabbermouth lesson.

:rofl: Entrapment!!!!!!!! Brilliant. As good as your idea to get the Canadians to subdue Iran for donuts!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl: Entrapment!!!!!!!! Brilliant. As good as your idea to get the Canadians to subdue Iran for donuts!

Happy to help :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I wonder just how much a stack of telephone books will stop...? .22s are for girls.

While I'm guessing Vermont's phone book (as in, there's one for the whole state?) isn't huge, it's still probably at least 2 or three inches, right?

.22s are for girls but I wouldn't shoot much more than a .223 in the basement. With three or four books stacked up, you'd probably be fine with .223 and lower including handguns. You could probably push it with x39 and five books, but I'd definitely stay away from x51 or bigger. Back when I went through M-60 machine gunner course I wanna say the x51 would penetrate something like 13 inches of pine boards. Phone books would be similar. Wear your safety glasses!

This reminded me of a few years back my dad shot a squirrel in his basement. Air rifle? No. .22LR? No. Said he couldn't find it. So what'd he grab? The .357 Magnum hand cannon he keeps by his bed. Said he crept down the steps, raised it up... and BOOOOM! "That fcuker exploded all over!" I couldn't believe that he shot a squirrel in the basement with a hand cannon at about 6 feet. Against the fire place, no less. I explained to him the ricochet or any fragments or anything could've possibly been fatal or at least hurt him really bad. Come to find out, and lucky for him, the squirrel was sitting on top of a roll of carpet.

When I came to investigate what happened, and relive the entire fiasco, I walked through it all CSI-style and found the bullet. Surprisingly, it was sitting inside the carpet and had only penetrated to the third layer. So much of that energy must've been dissipated by the time it hit the second and then third layer that it only went in about two inches. (I don't think the squirrel slowed it down much!) Carpet, tires, phonebooks, etc. are all fine backstops.

It would be safe to shoot just about anything you wanted in your basement provided you piled enough ####### up to soak up all that energy.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Alla can check VJ from Ukraine. Just putting that out there...

Also, if she's anything like my wife - there are spies man! You may even have closed circuit monitors set up in your basement broadcasting live feeds via Skype. Or maybe Pasha is a mole. You never know, she could've set him up as the inside man before she left. "Have your dad to wild and crazy stuff but make sure you take pictures or put on facebook so I can check. Also keep a journal and diary. Do anything you want. Have fun!"

Yep, you're toast when she gets back. They're smarter than us, man. While you and Pasha are living the dream enjoying the good life... she's taking notes. There will be hell to pay. HELL!!!!

lolllll

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Timeline

While I'm guessing Vermont's phone book (as in, there's one for the whole state?) isn't huge, it's still probably at least 2 or three inches, right?

.22s are for girls but I wouldn't shoot much more than a .223 in the basement. With three or four books stacked up, you'd probably be fine with .223 and lower including handguns. You could probably push it with x39 and five books, but I'd definitely stay away from x51 or bigger. Back when I went through M-60 machine gunner course I wanna say the x51 would penetrate something like 13 inches of pine boards. Phone books would be similar. Wear your safety glasses!

This reminded me of a few years back my dad shot a squirrel in his basement. Air rifle? No. .22LR? No. Said he couldn't find it. So what'd he grab? The .357 Magnum hand cannon he keeps by his bed. Said he crept down the steps, raised it up... and BOOOOM! "That fcuker exploded all over!" I couldn't believe that he shot a squirrel in the basement with a hand cannon at about 6 feet. Against the fire place, no less. I explained to him the ricochet or any fragments or anything could've possibly been fatal or at least hurt him really bad. Come to find out, and lucky for him, the squirrel was sitting on top of a roll of carpet.

When I came to investigate what happened, and relive the entire fiasco, I walked through it all CSI-style and found the bullet. Surprisingly, it was sitting inside the carpet and had only penetrated to the third layer. So much of that energy must've been dissipated by the time it hit the second and then third layer that it only went in about two inches. (I don't think the squirrel slowed it down much!) Carpet, tires, phonebooks, etc. are all fine backstops.

It would be safe to shoot just about anything you wanted in your basement provided you piled enough ####### up to soak up all that energy.

NO, the Vermont phone book, with yellow pages is about 1 inch thick. We have only ONE area code for the whole state and room to spare in those numbers. :lol:

I filled a paper box, one of those that holds ten reams of paper. with phone books and newspapers. Stops a 22 great. .223???!!!!!!! In the basement????? Slim, dude, I was talking maybe larger caliber handguns, not centerfire rifles!!!!!!! Hey I did play around with my .32 ACP, which, as it turns out is even more for girls than a .22. But I think I will limit the indoor shooting to that. We have been playing with an old Stevens Favorite .22 that was my dad's first rifle. The barrel looks like a mile of bad road and can't hit anything smaller than a paper box at 30 ft. so I don't shoot it much. So far no strays. :lol: When I was a kid I strayed a shot off my homemade bullet trap from a Colt Diamondback .38 and lodged a bullet in the kneespace of my Mom's upright piano. She hasn't noticed it yet. :lol:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

My sister still lives on a farm and some years ago she noticed that her cat was eating just a whole lot more food than normal...but not gaining weight. Hmmm. Well. one night she walks bleary eyed into the kitchen and there is an opossum eating from the cat's bowl! She starts screaming and her husband, who is not much a gun guy but keeps a Colt Police Positive Special and a 12 ga. Shotgun came down the stairs, fortunately (as it turns out) he had the .38 and not the shotgun. He goes to blazing away a whole cylinder full in the dining room!!!!!! He missed the oppossum which headed out the door (good choice, I would have jumped out a window) but scarred up the walls, floors and the china cabinet. We know call it the "Shootout in the Clare Dining Room" like any good shootout, (think Little Bohemia, Bonnie & Clyde, Kansas City Massacre) there are bullet scars still to tell the tale. They cleaned up all the opossum sh*t that was left in the animals wake!

Gary And Alla

I was talking maybe larger caliber handguns, not centerfire rifles!!!!!!! Hey I did play around with my .32 ACP, which, as it turns out is even more for girls than a .22. But I think I will limit the indoor shooting to that.

Sounds like a plan!

We have been playing with an old Stevens Favorite .22 that was my dad's first rifle. The barrel looks like a mile of bad road and can't hit anything smaller than a paper box at 30 ft. so I don't shoot it much. So far no strays. :lol: When I was a kid I strayed a shot off my homemade bullet trap from a Colt Diamondback .38 and lodged a bullet in the kneespace of my Mom's upright piano. She hasn't noticed it yet. :lol:

So what's Alla gonna "not notice" when she gets back?

My sister still lives on a farm and some years ago she noticed that her cat was eating just a whole lot more food than normal...but not gaining weight. Hmmm. Well. one night she walks bleary eyed into the kitchen and there is an opossum eating from the cat's bowl! She starts screaming and her husband, who is not much a gun guy but keeps a Colt Police Positive Special and a 12 ga. Shotgun came down the stairs, fortunately (as it turns out) he had the .38 and not the shotgun. He goes to blazing away a whole cylinder full in the dining room!!!!!! He missed the oppossum which headed out the door (good choice, I would have jumped out a window) but scarred up the walls, floors and the china cabinet. We know call it the "Shootout in the Clare Dining Room" like any good shootout, (think Little Bohemia, Bonnie & Clyde, Kansas City Massacre) there are bullet scars still to tell the tale. They cleaned up all the opossum sh*t that was left in the animals wake!

Too funny!

What I try to impress upon people sometimes is illustrated nicely in your story above. If you've never thought about what you'd do in a situation like that, you don't know how you'd react. Although most people don't train on how to react to an opossum in the dining room in the middle of the night, they probably should consider what they'd do if ever faced with an intruder - opossum or otherwise - in their house in the middle of the night. The average American has never considered this, much less practiced for it. It's definitely something to think about. It's also something to review with your family. "What would you do if something went bump in the night?" I know what I'm doing.... hiding behind my wife!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Sounds like a plan!

So what's Alla gonna "not notice" when she gets back?

Too funny!

What I try to impress upon people sometimes is illustrated nicely in your story above. If you've never thought about what you'd do in a situation like that, you don't know how you'd react. Although most people don't train on how to react to an opossum in the dining room in the middle of the night, they probably should consider what they'd do if ever faced with an intruder - opossum or otherwise - in their house in the middle of the night. The average American has never considered this, much less practiced for it. It's definitely something to think about. It's also something to review with your family. "What would you do if something went bump in the night?" I know what I'm doing.... hiding behind my wife!

Alla hides behind ME. And our new house has THREE windows in the bedroom, one on each side of the bed and another on a side wall, there just is no safe place for her to sleep "behind me" and use me as a "bear shield"...though now she feels a little safer since we are "in the city" and any bears trying to approach our house to climb in the 2nd floor window and eat Alla (who would give them ME to eat while she escapes) would probably get hit by cars when crossing the street.

Gary And Alla

I don't have to outrun the bear... I only have to outrun you!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

I don't have to outrun the bear... I only have to outrun you!

I think that is her plan, which is why they go for the old, fat bald guys (except I am not fat)so they are sure they can outrun them.

Gary And Alla

I think that is her plan, which is why they go for the old, fat bald guys (except I am not fat)so they are sure they can outrun them.

Now see, a bear in the house (unlike a possum) would make a great case for keeping a hand cannon near the bed. No running involved, and bear meat for weeks too. :thumbs:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

My wife thought she could outrun me... until we went running one day.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Now see, a bear in the house (unlike a possum) would make a great case for keeping a hand cannon near the bed. No running involved, and bear meat for weeks too. :thumbs:

That's the same reason I keep a .375 H&H elephant rifle in the kitchen...have you ANY idea what an elephant can do to your flower garden?

My wife thought she could outrun me... until we went running one day.

Now we live in "the city" and many people are always running on the sidewalk by our house. "Why do all these people run all the time?" She asks. Alla will not run, it is hard to do with high heels. She does go for a walk nearly every night.

Gary And Alla

Alla will not run, it is hard to do with high heels. She does go for a walk nearly every night.

She walks in heels?

My wife exercises quite a bit. When she first arrived, that's about the only time she would wear sneakers - it was heels every other time and anywhere else. Once she started jogging and/or going to the gym more often, the gym shoes started getting worn in other places as well.

Now, it seems as if the gym shoes and "sport costume" are starting to be intermingled with every day active wear. It's still funny for me sometimes though because she'll wear some gym shorts and a T-shirt... but some higher-heeled shoes. "Because I want be comfy but still looks nice."

On a totally unrelated shoe note - she, of course wears tapochki around the house (and so do I) but if she needs to step outside to do something, suddenly my tapochki are missing. It's like her tapochki are too good to touch dirt but mine are perfectly allright. Somehow the dirt seems to disappear as soon as she comes back in the house.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

She walks in heels?

My wife exercises quite a bit. When she first arrived, that's about the only time she would wear sneakers - it was heels every other time and anywhere else. Once she started jogging and/or going to the gym more often, the gym shoes started getting worn in other places as well.

Now, it seems as if the gym shoes and "sport costume" are starting to be intermingled with every day active wear. It's still funny for me sometimes though because she'll wear some gym shorts and a T-shirt... but some higher-heeled shoes. "Because I want be comfy but still looks nice."

On a totally unrelated shoe note - she, of course wears tapochki around the house (and so do I) but if she needs to step outside to do something, suddenly my tapochki are missing. It's like her tapochki are too good to touch dirt but mine are perfectly allright. Somehow the dirt seems to disappear as soon as she comes back in the house.

Yes. Alla's bedroom slippers have heels. Her walking shoes have lower heels than others but yepper, they have heels. She wears heels to walk to the beach, she wears heels to drive to the mountains for walking, but changes into "terrible looking shoes for walking in mountains" Hiking shoes, which have soles that "Look like tires which are on my car in winter" when we get there and keeps them in a bag in the car. The only time she wears shoes without heels is for gardening. she has one pair of sort-of gym shoes, She doesn't go to the gym or exercise, except walking.

She has ONE pair of shorts, jean shorts, kind of short-shorts actually but she only wears them as a cover up at the beach over her bathing suit, or for walking to the beach, other wise she never ever wears shorts. She will wear jeans (and looks great in jeans) but usually slacks or skirts. It is generally not so hot in Vermont and it is suaully OK to do outdoor work in jeans. It rarely hits 90 degrees here, low 80s is normal (we do not live here for the winter weather!)

Of course you wear tapochki, you are civilzed, right? :lol: Dirt doesn't stick to womens shoes, or to yours if she wears them. Get with it, Slim.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.