EvilEmmy

Greetings to All =0)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone at VJ i thought i'd introduce myself today after joining a few days ago.

My name is Louise but most call me Emmy or Ems, well a little short story I guess.

I met my fiance (Randy) online through a chat program in October 2007 and we became close friends over a few months and decided to be a couple in chat we waited 2 years to meet (well worth the wait for anyone who complains it should have been sooner lol). So fastforward two years we met up in February 2010 with me travelling from Manchester airport to Indiana USA for my first vacation in 5 years {such a sweet and happy moment for us both}. We spent three months together getting to know eachother and we clicked instantly. In marchhe asked me to marry him {which was as funny moment because it just slipped out and I thought he was joking but it was no joke lol) so we talked of our next options. I met his family including his two wonderful children of 8 and 10 which was a nervous moment i feared they would dislike me instead they all can't wait to see me again!

So here we are starting the nervous journey of getting the paperwork ready and waiting to file the K-1 visa on my second trip which will be septemeber 2010 to see my man i'm hoping to make a picture diary of the process of us going through the paperwork together!!

Wish us luck everyone and may I say this is a fantastic source of guidence, support and information for any newbie. Wish I had found it sooner instead of scouring for hours through 1 page information only giving the barebasic advice.

Thanks for reading and best wishes to those already in the process of applying for their visa and those getting ready to start.

~We started chatting online through a chat room in October 2007~

~We decided to have an online a relationship till we felt comfortable enough to meet in January 2008~

~Yay we finally met at chicago airport February 2010~

~Randy asked me to marry him March 2010 (informally with the promise of saving for a ring for my next trip)~

~Stayed with Randy for 3 month Vacation till April 2010 {it was great and I didn't want to come home =0( ~

~October 2010 Went to see randy for a second time for 3 months wohoo (was so sad to leave but it was a great 3 months)~

~25th October 2010 Randy asked me to marry him formally with a twin set ring the day I got there (was the happiest moment of my life)~

~To date saving for a 3rd trip,wedding and birth cert and hopfully applying for a CR-1 visa instead of a K-1 visa as origionally planned~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Welcome and good luck on your journey! :)

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you guys sorry it took me so long to reply hope everyones having a wonderful weekend

Emmy

~We started chatting online through a chat room in October 2007~

~We decided to have an online a relationship till we felt comfortable enough to meet in January 2008~

~Yay we finally met at chicago airport February 2010~

~Randy asked me to marry him March 2010 (informally with the promise of saving for a ring for my next trip)~

~Stayed with Randy for 3 month Vacation till April 2010 {it was great and I didn't want to come home =0( ~

~October 2010 Went to see randy for a second time for 3 months wohoo (was so sad to leave but it was a great 3 months)~

~25th October 2010 Randy asked me to marry him formally with a twin set ring the day I got there (was the happiest moment of my life)~

~To date saving for a 3rd trip,wedding and birth cert and hopfully applying for a CR-1 visa instead of a K-1 visa as origionally planned~

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to VJ!

K1 Visa
Sept.2009 Sent Petition
Oct.2009 Petition Approved
Nov.2009 Visa Recieved
-------------------------
AOS
Feb. 2010 Sent AOS
Mar. 2010 Biometrics
May 2010 Interview
Jun 2010 GC Recieved
-------------------------
Removing of Condition:
Mar.19,2012---------ROC sent
Mar.20,2012---------VSC received signed by D. Renaud
Mar.23,2012---------Check encashed
Mar.24,2012---------NOA1
Apr.19,2012----------Biometrics (Early Bio 4/11/2012)
May 2012 ------------Biometrics redo

Nov.30,2012---------RFE (fingerprint can't read needs to submit police clearance)

May 2013-------------Received Permanent Residence Card

00bor6fe477d3.png

Good luck on your VJ!

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

WELCOME TO VJ!! I wish you the best on your Journey!!

2005---We met by friend/Church member that was living in Nigeria

2006---We begin to talk about getting married

2007---I was going to met him face to face, but hurt my back couldn't walk..

2009---Was able to see each for the first time.. I got my engagement ring (WOW).. :wow:

2010-01-22 mailed I129f

2010-01-26 got NOA1

2010-05-12 called to see why no NOA2, I was told that our case is not being processed yet!!!!! No notes in the computer

other then the mailing of the NOA1!!!!!!! :angry:

2010-05-18 called SERVICE CENTER again to see what's going on with our case.. NOT BEING PROCESSED YET I WAS TOLD AGAIN!!!

2010-06-16 Got notice that NOA2 was approved 141 days after NOA1. We got our approval on Ossy's Birthday.. Happy birthday honey, I love you!!!!

2010-06-21 got NOA2 in hand

2010-06-22 called NVC to see if papers was there, but was told that my DOB was not right in the system. Just mailed a letter along with a copy of my birth certificate asking to change my DOB.. Way to go VCS..

2010-06-22 NVC received the case

2010-06-23 Case sent to Embassy in Barbados

2010-06-28 Embassy received our case

2010-08-09 Interview Administrative Review

2010-11-15 Approved for Visa (I was on the mission to make sure the INTERVIEWER that we had never interviewed anyone else and I did it).. Know that you have right and don't let the interviewer cross the line..

2010-12-10 Visa and Passport in hand!!! Thank God!!!

2010-12-19 Ossy will enter the States!!