~ameriptian~

Questions on Forms I-485, G-325A, I-131, I-1765, and more!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I entered the US on a K1 visa on March 14th. We got married on May 3rd. Applied for SSN on May 4th.

I just started filling out the AOS, EAD, and AP. I am done with most of them, but I have MANY questions that I am not sure what the right answers on are. I'll try to make them as organized and specific as possible...

On form I-485:

Part 1:

- C/O or In Care of? (Should I write my husband's name)?

- What is my current USCIS status?

- Expires on?

Part 3: A)

- Were you inspected by a U.S Immigrant Officer (Yes or No)? (Does that mean did I have a POE interview?)

Part 3: B)

- On the part where I list my husband's information, there's a question [is he applying (Yes or No)]? My husband is the USC.

- I listed my stepchildren's info as well and listed them as not applying with me. Was that correct?

On Form G-325A:

- Family name...does it mean current last name or maiden name, or just the last name I wish to use on my green card?

- What is the file number?

- All other names used (included names by previous marriages)..this is my first and only marriage..should I write my FULL maiden name (5 names) or just First name, middle name, last name?

- This form is submitted in connection with an application for? (I checked other and I have to specify...what should I write?)

- Is the alien registeration number the same number above the beneficiary's name on the K1's NOA2? Or is it something else?

On form I-131:

Part 1:

- Is (A Number) alien registeration number??

- What is my class of admission?

Part 7:

- Should I write a cover letter on why I would like to apply for Advance Parole?

On form I-765:

- Which USCIS office is the form being sent to? Chicago Lockbox?

- Current Immigration Status?

- I am TOTALLY confused about the symbols on Question 16... What should I write? (a)(6)101(a)(15)(K)(i)??

Regarding form I-864:

- Who fills out that form? Me or my husband?

Thanks in advance!

Aya

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I entered the US on a K1 visa on March 14th. We got married on May 3rd. Applied for SSN on May 4th.

I just started filling out the AOS, EAD, and AP. I am done with most of them, but I have MANY questions that I am not sure what the right answers on are. I'll try to make them as organized and specific as possible...

FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE FORMS, link at top of the page.

On form I-485:

Part 1:

- C/O or In Care of? (Should I write my husband's name)?

- What is my current USCIS status? K1 Visa Holder

- Expires on? Your I-94 expiration date, 90 days after entry.

- Were you inspected by a U.S Immigrant Officer (Yes or No)? (Does that mean did I have a POE interview?)

Don't remember, use the Example Forms. They weren't given any special interview or anything at POE.

- On the part where I list my husband's information, there's a question [is he applying (Yes or No)]? My husband is the USC. No

- I listed my stepchildren's info as well and listed them as not applying with me. Was that correct?

Are they adjusting status with you? If so, then you list them.

On Form G-325A:

- Family name...does it mean current last name or maiden name, or just the last name I wish to use on my green card?

Whatever last name you want to use from now on; best to match your passport and SS card and marriage cert.

- What is the file number? none

- All other names used (included names by previous marriages)..this is my first and only marriage..should I write my FULL maiden name (5 names) or just First name, middle name, last name? Yes

- This form is submitted in connection with an application for? (I checked other and I have to specify...what should I write?) Use Example Forms, answer may be None since this form is used for other purposes than just K-1.

- Is the alien registeration number the same number above the beneficiary's name on the K1's NOA2? Or is it something else? Yes to former.

On form I-131:

Part 1:

- Is (A Number) alien registeration number?? Yes to former

- What is my class of admission? Use example forms

Part 7:

- Should I write a cover letter on why I would like to apply for Advance Parole? No

On form I-765:

- Which USCIS office is the form being sent to? Chicago Lockbox? Yes, only one that is allowed for K-1- Current Immigration Status? K-1 Visa Holder- I am TOTALLY confused about the symbols on Question 16... What should I write? (a)(6)101(a)(15)(K)(i)?? Example Forms

Regarding form I-864:

- Who fills out that form? Me or my husband? Doesn't matter

Thanks in advance!

Aya

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I-485:

Part 1:

Question: C/O or In Care of? (Should I write my husband's name)? This is in case your mail is not posted directly to you. If you receive mail to your address then leave this blank

Question: What is my current USCIS status? You entered on a K1.

Question: Expires on? your I-94 expiry

Question: Were you inspected by a U.S Immigrant Officer (Yes or No)? (Does that mean did I have a POE interview?) Yes. Some people sneak across the border etc. You were at your POE having your prints taken, brown/yellow envelope opened etc. Write yes.

Question: On the part where I list my husband's information, there's a question [is he applying (Yes or No)]? My husband is the USC. You would obviously tick no because he is not applying for AOS. This is a multi-use form (a lot of them are). Think in cases where people petition for their family members etc. So if I invited my mum and dad my mum would write her husbands name in there, and vice versa and yes s/he would be applying with them.

Question: I listed my stepchildren's info as well and listed them as not applying with me. Was that correct? No. They are not related to you (it would be like putting your husband mum, or sisters on there). They are your husbands children and if he were the one immigrating he would put them.

G-325A:

Question: Family name...does it mean current last name or maiden name, or just the last name I wish to use on my green card? whatever name you have chosen to take since marriage. So if your husband name that. If you didn't change your name, your maiden name.

Question: What is the file number? you can see an A at the start. This is your A number, or Alien number, or Alien registration number.. it's called by all those names

Question: All other names used (included names by previous marriages)..this is my first and only marriage..should I write my FULL maiden name (5 names) or just First name, middle name, last name? I personally wrote my entire maiden name just so they knew I didn't change anything except my last name.

Question: This form is submitted in connection with an application for? (I checked other and I have to specify...what should I write?) you should have ticked "status as permanent resident"

Question: Is the alien registeration number the same number above the beneficiary's name on the K1's NOA2? Or is it something else? yes

I-131:

Part 1:

Question: Is (A Number) alien registeration number?? yes

Question: What is my class of admission? k1

Part 7:

Question: Should I write a cover letter on why I would like to apply for Advance Parole? No. Because it's being filed together with AOS you do not need to include a letter.

I-765:

Question: Which USCIS office is the form being sent to? Chicago Lockbox? yes

Question: Current Immigration Status? K1

Question: I am TOTALLY confused about the symbols on Question 16... What should I write? (a)(6)101(a)(15)(K)(i)?? C9

I-864:

Question: Who fills out that form? Me or my husband? your husband as he is sponsoring you.

I answered your qns above in red. There are example forms which should help you with a lot of this. There is a link at the top of the page called "example forms".

Best of luck :)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.