gaddha112

pakistan:islambad, calling people on admin review , AR, from pakistan

76 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

male from lahore

i am in a very bad situation, i had my interview on 20th april 2006, my i -130 interview, my wife is a USC.

at the end of the interview i was told i ll have to wait for some clearnace, just 2 fingerprints were taken off me , of both index fingers.

they asked me to wait for 45 days but its been more than 100 days now , i have not heard anything from embassy, each time i call them they say its under process. i called up DOS in washington on the 50 th day and inquired they said the clearnace was done but they ve found some info on my case and it again went for a re review.

the next day my wife called them to inquire and they told her tht the case is not with them call up islamabad. the following day i called up DOS again and inquired i was told the case is under review, i dont know why DOS have two different stories for wife and husband?

now just a week back my wife called up USCIS to inquire and was told the case is in not with them and he cannot tell anything on the phone and she will recieve a letter from USCIS in 30-40 days , but then my wife called up DOS and inquired they had the same story tht case is not with them.

could you please tell me wat to do and whom shall i contact ? plz..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
male from lahore

i am in a very bad situation, i had my interview on 20th april 2006, my i -130 interview, my wife is a USC.

at the end of the interview i was told i ll have to wait for some clearnace, just 2 fingerprints were taken off me , of both index fingers.

they asked me to wait for 45 days but its been more than 100 days now , i have not heard anything from embassy, each time i call them they say its under process. i called up DOS in washington on the 50 th day and inquired they said the clearnace was done but they ve found some info on my case and it again went for a re review.

the next day my wife called them to inquire and they told her tht the case is not with them call up islamabad. the following day i called up DOS again and inquired i was told the case is under review, i dont know why DOS have two different stories for wife and husband?

now just a week back my wife called up USCIS to inquire and was told the case is in not with them and he cannot tell anything on the phone and she will recieve a letter from USCIS in 30-40 days , but then my wife called up DOS and inquired they had the same story tht case is not with them.

I responded to you on your ISL pakistan thread.

let me tell you AR/AP can last

17 days- 2 years.

at this pint you been on it less than 90days. nothing you can do anyways. just wait it out.

the average wait time is 6 months.

shon.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I don't know if this will work or not but you might want to ask your wife to try contacting congress(wo)men and or senators? I mean, it can't hurt right? I have heard that it works -- at least you will get the real scoop on your case?

Hang in there buddy...

KP

male from lahore

I responded to you on your ISL pakistan thread.

let me tell you AR/AP can last

17 days- 2 years.

at this pint you been on it less than 90days. nothing you can do anyways. just wait it out.

the average wait time is 6 months.

I-129F TRACK

2006-02-27: I-129 Sent

2006-03-02: NOA1

2006-07-24: NOA2

2006-07-31: Case received by NVC

2006-08-01: Case leaves NVC to New Delhi Consulate via DHL

2006-08-04: Case received by New Delhi Consulate

2006-08-08: Packet 3 mailed out by consulate

2006-08-17: DS-230 Part I couriered to consulate

2006-08-23: Got interview date (email and telephone confirmation)

2006-08-28: Picked-up packet 4 from the consulate, counter 16 (between 2 PM and 3 PM)

2006-09-20: Interview Date (VISA Approved!!!)

2006-09-23: Picked up Passport with VISA from Blue Dot courier office (VFS did not hold it)

2006-09-27: Reached Home!!! (POE Chicago)

I-130 TRACK

2006-02-08: I-130 Sent

2006-02-27: NOA1

2006-05-03: NOA2 (Approved)

2006-06-12: Received and entered into NVC system

2006-07-08: Self Generated DS-3032 and sent to NVC

2006-07-08: Received I-864 bill from attorney

2006-07-11: Paid I-864 bill

2006-07-12: Received IV bill

2006-07-17: Receive I-864 package

2006-07-19: Send back I-864 package

2006-07-19: Pay IV bill (was out on vacation)

2006-07-31: Sent in self-generated DS-230 (after NVC was ready)

2006-08-03: Case being reviewed by NVC (per operator)

2006-09-12: Case sent to New Delhi Consulate

2006-10-04: Emailed Consulate and got Original Interview Date (10/20/06) posponed to April 2007

I don't know if this will work or not but you might want to ask your wife to try contacting congress(wo)men and or senators? I mean, it can't hurt right? I have heard that it works -- at least you will get the real scoop on your case?

Hang in there buddy...

KP

I dont think you should involve congressman until you have waited at least 3 months or longer.

then they will get annoyed. if your gonna bump up your interview date thats diffrent..

shon.gif

wat shall i ask now wen i call DOS, cuz all they tell me is tht its unda process, and they have a different d\story for my wife , tht its not with them?

when you call DOS ask the status of the case. listion carefully they say things that dont make

sence. The talk in Batman Riddles. if you dont understand the agent- hang up and try again. :thumbs:

shon.gif

Timeline

hey i called up DOS and all they d\could ansa was tht its awaiting clearance, they dont wana go in detail, all they say is tht review and security clearnce was compltd on 6 th o june byt they found sum mo info on ma casse , thts y it wenbt for a re review now?? wat kinda bullshitt is tht ? ma wife called up DOS today too and she was told the same ol story tht they dont have my case?? confusing huh !!!

jus lil quikie to cheer ya up !

v pakis still gotta learn to respect others privacy

and neva believe a fortune tellas prochecy

i m aka ghattiya emcee (MC)

all this waiting fo visa has put me in extacy,

this is a fukin drama, trauma

bohat ho gya MR. khurrana

now its ur visa interview

dont eeewww

bark like cat meow )

lets all sit bak n view

the posts at vj

somebody find ajay

chal hatt peechay

vj membas from pakiland plz hit me up i want to share experiences with yall and each others

and wen eva i email embassy they come up with this same std reply as if they copy n paste it to all replies:

Dear Sir,

Your case is undergoing an administrative processing. It is difficult for us to predict the time, however, we will contact you as soon as it has been done.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

yea but the last email rep was kinda strange it was like this:

Our record indicates that this case is still undergoing additional necessary administrative processing as part of the security clearance procedure. Visa applicants affected by additional screening should expect delays before the case is concluded. It is difficult to predict the amount of time that the clearance process will take. As soon as it is complete, we will contact you for continued processing of the visa application.

Sincerely,

IV Unit

US Embassy, Islamabad.

we have a shoe box full of these emails. wait til you get the Fancy ones from the congressman.

we have a shoe box full of those too. :(

Hang in there and keep busy- nothing you or anyone can do right now anyways. once 90 days

< business days > have passed then contact your congressman.

:huh:

shon.gif

Timeline

hey i was just wondering if anyone being called in for fingerprints of full 10 fingerprints after the interview ahs been done , and called on a different date than interview, also if anyone has been refused a visa after being put on ar/ap anyone????

vj members plz hit me bak :) smile for miles on the isles

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

been on AP/AR for over 4 MONTHS NOW!!!

129 days toal so far since we've been on AP/AR.

i call DOS 4 times a week, every week, and get the same response

'your husband is still undergoing security checks, there is no more background information we can give at this time'

#######!!

i ask them the following questions every time:

- what is the status of case?

- has the cable been sent to embassy?

- what/how many security checks are pending?

- which checks has he passed?

- i am his wife, why can't you look at you other screens and look for useful info to give me?

i've spoken to all the different operators, barbara, rose, etc and they all give me the same info:

i don't know...... i can't give you that information........we don't have that information now....

are there any other questions i can ask? have you all been getting the same responses from DOS when you call up and ask about your cases? can DOS tell me what check my husband is on (ie check #1 2 3 or 4)???

please help molly!! :wacko: lol

TIMELINE

10/24/05 I-130 package sent

11/02/05 I-130 NOA1

11/14/05 I-129f package sent

11/22/05 I-129f NOA1

12/12/05 I-130 RFE

12/20/05 I-130 RFE sent

01/04/06 I-129f RFE

01/05/06 I-129f RFE sent

01/10/06 I-130 approved online

01/12/06 NVC receives case

01/13/06 NVC assigns case #

01/20/06 I-129f approved online

01/27/06 AOS bill received

01/28/06 AOS bill sent

01/30/06 DS-3032 received

02/04/06 DS-3032 sent

02/06/06 NVC sent I-129f to embassy

02/15/06 AOS form received

02/18/06 IV bill received

02/24/06 Pckt 3 recvd from embassy

03/??/06 IV bill sent

04/07/06 Interview for K-3 @embassy

04/07/06 Put on AR/AP review

04/30/06 NVC fwds case (I-130/CR1) to embassy

11/17/06 Embassy sends letter for CR1 Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.