76 posts in this topic

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
whats the difference in ap and ar?

AR/AP can mean different things depending on the embassy that issues it. In the Casa embassy AP means they need time to finish a name check and then issue the visa. At Islamabad AR means a standard name check or needing some type of missing document.

AP at Islamabad means they will do more indepth investigations on your case and same for Lagos embassy as well. You can have a field investigation to your home, job, neighborhood and they will make sure that the person is free to marry, no fraud and double check all documents that have been submitted on your case.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline

My fiance had an interview two weeks before and he was put on Administrative review, the counslate lady said that he will recive response in a month. I am going to Pakista next month, do you think if I go to the embassy they will give visa to my fiance, and how long does this AR thing usually take?

Who do I contact for updates on my case, I called the DOS but they are saying they don't have any information because the case is with the embassy.

Timeline
My fiance had an interview two weeks before and he was put on Administrative review, the counslate lady said that he will recive response in a month. I am going to Pakista next month, do you think if I go to the embassy they will give visa to my fiance, and how long does this AR thing usually take?

Who do I contact for updates on my case, I called the DOS but they are saying they don't have any information because the case is with the embassy.

he will receive response in a month
Very unlikely since you are bringing over a male we have tons of men still on AR/AP over 6 months now that were told cases were fine from Islamabad and still waiting. I would not count on it being that soon.
I am going to Pakistan next month, do you think if I go to the embassy they will give visa to my fiance, and how long does this AR thing usually take?
You can go but it will not move the case forward or release it until all security checks are done. No one from a congressman or senator can get your case expedited from security checks. Your case is at the embassy and until it is completed you will not be able to get any information other than your in AR/AP. AP is dark hole and you can have AR and then AP at Islamabad and no timeline for them to complete checks on men. A 221g says 45 days but that means nothing.

Shon husband is on security checks over 1 year now and only new male released was Michigan at 364 days, Atif (k1), Dude (CR1), Canuhandleit, Melly's {k1 since March) and few others have no information and still on hold.

Just try and stay positive and do not make plans for the near future. Good luck and wishing your AR/AP to be done soon.

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Ghattiya

I can understand how frustating for u this and what i m looking that all the pakistanis beneficary had to pass this stringent procedure of ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW OR PROCESSING. I got my NOA2 and now my case wil go to NVC and hope soon it also reach islamabad at American Embassy. I feel that i also be facing same situation and how long i myself be on AR that only GOD knows or the American Embassy.It really make me despair that u dont know when u going to get visa in a month or in year.

GOD BLESS US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When i call DOS and i ask them when the embassy requested the checks, they say they do not have access to that information, and when i ask them , how many checks are pending? they said "we don't have access to that information" they say all we know is that either it is pending or it is completed....is this true? or are they just lieing to me...

Leona

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Timeline
RKhalid

they have access to some information coz, this is what they told me:

- they said they are ordering another check on DEC 1st..

I hate my life..

do you get christmas vacation? if so, could you afford to visit your husband? anyway, that sucks they are treating me like a push over

i talked to barbara and some other guy, next time i call what should i say?

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Timeline

Leona they have information like Shonnie said and if in AP they will not disclose anything to you.

Timeline

i m still on ar/ap since april 2k6

i m still on ar/ap since april 2k6

i called up dos yeesterday and was told my name has been out to outside agncies and they r waiting for decisions, now wat sort of security chek is that?

ppl cant u share ur dos calls experiences in here too ,

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My case is now on the way to american embassy and i also know i be put on same position on AR/AP how long that GOD knows what i like to know what is mean by DOS that i had been reading will u pls help with the meaning of DOS thanks

Timeline

DOS in computer terms is known as DISK OPERATING SYSTEM , before widows came in ppl used to work on dos lol , but thts nt the dos wat v r talking about , DOS is Department of state, where all the petitions go to for security clearance after the interview of male applicants .... hope thts clear

My case is now on the way to american embassy and i also know i be put on same position on AR/AP how long that GOD knows what i like to know what is mean by DOS that i had been reading will u pls help with the meaning of DOS thanks

Timeline
DOS in computer terms is known as DISK OPERATING SYSTEM , before widows came in ppl used to work on dos lol , but thts nt the dos wat v r talking about , DOS is Department of state, where all the petitions go to for security clearance after the interview of male applicants .... hope thts clear

Hi Faall4anisa,

I am also waiting for interview and afcourse i will be on AP/AR. GOD knows the best how much time they will take on this.

Thanks

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.