gaddha112

pakistan:islambad, calling people on admin review , AR, from pakistan

76 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i dnt know wen will my ap/ar will end thts wat embassy tells me......

Hi GHATTIYA

Thanks for telling me about DOS. So what u think when your AR/AP ends and when u going to get visa i m coming soon in that procedure lets see what happens and how it goes

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I called DOS every tuesday for the past three weeks, first time it was a guy, he said he didn't know anything other than my case is pending, i asked him when they got my husbands file, he said he doesn't know...then again the next tuesday, it was barbara, she said same thing to my same questions..the finally last tuesday i called again and it was again a lady, but she didn't say her name, she was very nice, Finally! and she told me that the DOS recieved my husbands case on October 12th (his interview was Oct 6th) and that they are doing the check on him, she said it usually takes about 6 to 8 weeks and that is all they are waiting on....okay, is this a typical answer that everyone gets when they call DOS ? or does it sound promising?

Thanks,

Leona

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Rashid & Leona,

Atleast your journey on AR/AP started and i know its so frustating my will be starting soon as our petition will going to be in islamabad embassy soon me and my sweet fiance pray that we pass this tough time soon on AR/AV. We want to ask KHALID will he tell us about his interview how it went and did he had investigation did some lawyer came to his home or neighbour and what he asked. We appreciate with ur response THANKS

Filed: Timeline
I called DOS every tuesday for the past three weeks, first time it was a guy, he said he didn't know anything other than my case is pending, i asked him when they got my husbands file, he said he doesn't know...then again the next tuesday, it was barbara, she said same thing to my same questions..the finally last tuesday i called again and it was again a lady, but she didn't say her name, she was very nice, Finally! and she told me that the DOS recieved my husbands case on October 12th (his interview was Oct 6th) and that they are doing the check on him, she said it usually takes about 6 to 8 weeks and that is all they are waiting on....okay, is this a typical answer that everyone gets when they call DOS ? or does it sound promising?

Thanks,

Leona

The DOS always gives the same information " PENDING". 99% of anything said is all the same thing.

just dont get happy until you hear the words " case compleate- letter being sent from embassy "

dont even get happy if they say its cleared. < this is a false illusion too >. I think they told us that

4 times. ;)

shon.gif

Timeline

The DOS always gives the same information " PENDING". 99% of anything said is all the same thing.

just dont get happy until you hear the words " case compleate- letter being sent from embassy "

dont even get happy if they say its cleared. < this is a false illusion too >. I think they told us that

4 times. ;)

i c...okay, thanks for the knowledge...im callin them again 2morow, this i'll be the 7th week...i know it's nothing compared to your 1+ yr.

Leona

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi ALL

I got this email from uscis today did anybody got this email from uscis and what it means, this i got after my approval and now my case on way to islamabad, pls response me with ur answers THANKS

Receipt Number: WACXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On November 28, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

WHAT IT MEANS PLS REPLY ME?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Fasil sounds like they sent out some type of letter or RFE maybe? I do not see anything to do with the IMBRA RFE some of the applicants have been hit with in the past that are doing the K1s. Maybe it has to do with them needing this form to have your case truly completed. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey,

I just had couple of questions for all you guys out there who have experience with Islamabad embassy. We got married in Pakistan but then I came to US and my husband went back to Australia because he is studying there on a student visa. Now when he returns to ISL for the interview, do you think he will have a tougher background check since he was in Australia. Would they require Australian police report and things???

Also, would it make a difference if I appear with him at the interview??

Thank you so much in advance for replying

Timeline
Hey,

I just had couple of questions for all you guys out there who have experience with Islamabad embassy. We got married in Pakistan but then I came to US and my husband went back to Australia because he is studying there on a student visa. Now when he returns to ISL for the interview, do you think he will have a tougher background check since he was in Australia. Would they require Australian police report and things???

Also, would it make a difference if I appear with him at the interview??

Thank you so much in advance for replying

[do you think he will have a tougher background check since he was in Australia. Would they require Australian police report and things???

All men are scrutinized more closely that go through the Islamabad embassy. Yes, he will need a police certificate for all places he has stayed at for 6 months or longer since the age of 16 even if it was another city in Pakistan. You can go but it usually does not help with the interview having you attend since all men endure AR/AP and the time ranges from 19 days till 2 years and no one can predict how long the process will take. If you look at the averages now most are staying in AR/AP around 6 months or longer. I suggest you read the guides and post your timeline. Also you can come and post in the Islamabad forum. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry593412

Others can support you and answer your questions. I would also read up on the visa processing and the AR/AP processing. Good luck on your journey.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

I have been told by too many people to call congressman- but do not want to piss-off embassy

my husband had interview Aug-1,2006 and call DOS and said fingerprints "CLEARED" Oct 26,2006

I am 8 months pregnant and really really would love it if he were here- Can I use this as an advantage?-with congressman/Embassy?!!? Any and all advise I need now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Daughter of Juiley- Raeesa

Timeline
I have been told by too many people to call congressman- but do not want to piss-off embassy

my husband had interview Aug-1,2006 and call DOS and said fingerprints "CLEARED" Oct 26,2006

I am 8 months pregnant and really really would love it if he were here- Can I use this as an advantage?-with congressman/Embassy?!!? Any and all advise I need now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Daughter of Juiley- Raeesa

Is your husband in AR or AP it makes a difference? If he is in AP the congressman cannot do anything no matter your circumstances. If you are in AR and they have completed the checks the congressman will email the embassy and ask for status update. When we were in processing the congressman would not help me but my senator did. All replies were the same canned responses but at least they tried to help me find out the status since AP is a dark abyss.

Mary

• 2 months later...
Timeline

anyone who d like to talk to me u can pm me on yahoo my id is ghattiya ,,, well its been 10 months now i m still on AR/AP #######....but my uncle who wa was on ar ap got his visa after 13 months ir-1,,,and another friend also got his visa after 12 months ,,,, this is not enuff to prove if they r taking a year to issue ir1 / cr1 visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.