Ben-Zhanna

St. Petersburg Consulate

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Is there an official list of Consulates in Russia that issue the K-1 visa? I know a couple years ago Moscow was the only one, but I've come across other sites that state St. Petersburg now issues.

My problem is I answered the I-129F question regarding which Consulate the fiancee will visit as St. P. Am I going to run into any problems?

Timeline

*Edit*

I now see this note on the I-129F Form:

NOTE: (Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the country of your fiancé(e)'s last residence does not guarantee

acceptance for processing by that foreign post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated embassy or consulate.)

So I assume I will not run into any problems with my information entered on the form, but I am still curious about my other question. Thanks to all!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Nope, US Embassy in Moscow is the only route to any Immigrant visa, including Fiancee Visa.

Feb, 20, 2010 - engagement

May, 8, 2010 - I 129F SENT

May, 12, 2010 - NOA 1

August, 5, 2010 - NOA 2

September, 7, 2010 - interview, APPROVED!

September, 15, 2010 - POE Chicago

November, 12, 2010 - WEDDING

January, 27, 2011 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

March, 3, 2011 - BIOMETRICS appointment

March, 25, 2011 - EAD and AP approved

April, 4, 2011 - EAD and AP in mail

April, 28, 2011 - AOS interview appointment

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is there an official list of Consulates in Russia that issue the K-1 visa? I know a couple years ago Moscow was the only one, but I've come across other sites that state St. Petersburg now issues.

My problem is I answered the I-129F question regarding which Consulate the fiancee will visit as St. P. Am I going to run into any problems?

The link on the ST P consulate website takes you to the Moscow page

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Moscow, the only option.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Complete Official list of consulates issuing K visas in Russia...

1. Moscow

No problems. NVC will send it where it belongs. You could answer "Aruba" and it wouldn't make any difference.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

So you checked on this a few years ago but are only now filing???? Sounds like story time. Dish!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

@slim

No, didn't look into this a couple years ago. I was looking for reviews of embassies and consulates to see how others were faring with the interview process. (Yes! wink.gif My thoughts are way ahead than they probably should be)...and I ran into my same question, but posed back in 2006–of course the answer was the same as it is now. The reason I asked was I came across a sketchy immigration lawyer site with a list of K1 issuing consulates, found here. It was kind of wishful thinking that, perhaps, this situation had changed, but thanks to everyone's response I will gladly concede and live with what is. The biggest issue (mentally for me) was to clear up my concern over the information I included on the I-129F. Thank you, G&A, for that information.

And I apologize that my story couldn't be a little juicier. In fact, there's really no juice to be had from this dry segment. At this point I'm wondering if I should start this reply over for the sake of you, slim. Perhaps the inclusion of a worldly scandal or a good old Russian/Russian/American ménage à trois would spice things up! Woops, sorry, I forgot this is a family-friendly site.

Edited by Benchik

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@slim

No, didn't look into this a couple years ago. I was looking for reviews of embassies and consulates to see how others were faring with the interview process. (Yes! wink.gif My thoughts are way ahead than they probably should be)...and I ran into my same question, but posed back in 2006–of course the answer was the same as it is now. The reason I asked was I came across a sketchy immigration lawyer site with a list of K1 issuing consulates, found here. It was kind of wishful thinking that, perhaps, this situation had changed, but thanks to everyone's response I will gladly concede and live with what is. The biggest issue (mentally for me) was to clear up my concern over the information I included on the I-129F. Thank you, G&A, for that information.

And I apologize that my story couldn't be a little juicier. In fact, there's really no juice to be had from this dry segment. At this point I'm wondering if I should start this reply over for the sake of you, slim. Perhaps the inclusion of a worldly scandal or a good old Russian/Russian/American ménage à trois would spice things up! Woops, sorry, I forgot this is a family-friendly site.

Many, many, many errors on his list

YMMV

You obviously haven't been on here too long - WE LIVE FOR THAT STUFF!!!

The typical, run of the mill, "boring" K-1 (guy and girl meet, fall in love, get married.... yawn) doesn't really do much for us here. As you can see, most official questions are answered before page one is even concluded. From there we like to move on to either guns and/or pie and then the occasional worldly scandal or a good old Russian/Russian/American menage a trois to spice it up. We live for stuff like that!

Welcome to our little forum. I encourage you to ask any and every question you can. As you can see, you'll get an official answer quickly. But, stick around. Like your K-1 visa - the fun comes later!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Welcome to our little forum. I encourage you to ask any and every question you can. As you can see, you'll get an official answer quickly. But, stick around. Like your K-1 visa - the fun comes later!

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely be taking advantage of everything this community has to offer. Cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.