14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i feel like screaming. The incompetence of some peoplpe is huge, but then why did i expect more? Today i called the mis information line and spoke to a programmed person about wether i needed to have a vaccination supplement completed by a civil surgeon in this country, even though i had never recieved an RFE, she told me that yes everyone has to have it done by a civil surgeon in this country, and that the medical etc you had done in your home country is only valid for the K1 visa! I got impatient and testy on the phone saying so basically i would never have known i needed a new medical and just gone to my AOS inteview without it and been rejected!?!?! If it is mandatory they should state it! So then i called a civil surgeon in mankato, they ARE registed but geez they had no clue! oh we havent done many of those before was the standard response! So then after getting transferred 3 times i spoke to a nurse who told me that yes a civil surgeon should complete the vaccination supplement here. I asked for cost she had no frickin idea.....she told me a full medical would be 250 bucks, i told heri dont need a full medical, well then the doctors office visit would be $80 any vaccinations i may need additional cost. now a couple of questions 1) the vaccination supplement i had completed in england was singed and ticked vaccination history complete, so does this mean i wont need any vaccinations at the civial surgeons? 2) My AOS interview is april 12th and my civil surgeon appointment is march 9th is this ok to get them done so early? 3) does the civial surgeon basically just transfer the vaccination sheet from back home onto his sheet and sign it?? ok rant over

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Timeline

Chrissy,

So you have submitted an application for adjustment of status? And no RFE asking for the I-693 vaccination supplement? How long ago did you get the Receipt Notice for the application?

Many people do get RFEs for the vaccination supplement even though they have a completed DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet in their file, but not everyone.

Yodrak

i feel like screaming. The incompetence of some peoplpe is huge, but then why did i expect more? Today i called the mis information line and spoke to a programmed person about wether i needed to have a vaccination supplement completed by a civil surgeon in this country, even though i had never recieved an RFE, she told me that yes everyone has to have it done by a civil surgeon in this country, and that the medical etc you had done in your home country is only valid for the K1 visa! I got impatient and testy on the phone saying so basically i would never have known i needed a new medical and just gone to my AOS inteview without it and been rejected!?!?! If it is mandatory they should state it! So then i called a civil surgeon in mankato, they ARE registed but geez they had no clue! oh we havent done many of those before was the standard response! So then after getting transferred 3 times i spoke to a nurse who told me that yes a civil surgeon should complete the vaccination supplement here. I asked for cost she had no frickin idea.....she told me a full medical would be 250 bucks, i told heri dont need a full medical, well then the doctors office visit would be $80 any vaccinations i may need additional cost. now a couple of questions 1) the vaccination supplement i had completed in england was singed and ticked vaccination history complete, so does this mean i wont need any vaccinations at the civial surgeons? 2) My AOS interview is april 12th and my civil surgeon appointment is march 9th is this ok to get them done so early? 3) does the civial surgeon basically just transfer the vaccination sheet from back home onto his sheet and sign it?? ok rant over

Timeline

yodrak, we submitted the AOS application in september, we included in our AOS paperwork the completed copy of my vaccination sheet. We never got an RFE we recieved a letter through with our AOS interview date in january

4/11/08 check cashed

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

Chrissy,

I just opened a copy of the I-485 form to look at the filing instructions again. It is stated on page 3, right at the top of the left column, that a vaccination supplement is required.

BUT ...

If you chose not to include the vaccination supplement with your AOS application, you may or may not receive an RFE for it (as Yodrak pointed out). Even if you don't get an RFE, your AOS interview appointment letter lists the documents that must be produced at the interview. And one of the documents listed is the vaccination supplement.

So ... in actual fact, the USCIS has stated quite clearly that the supplement is a required document.

Having said all that, though, I hope you will have no problems finding a civil surgeon who knows what the hell he is required to do. All the best. :)

Edited by Ephesia

Timeline

well my appointment is with the civil surgeon for march 9th, just get them to fill out there copy of the supplement sheet, at least i dont need to have the full medical! better be safe than sorry! p.s there wont be a problem with me seeing the civial surgeon so soon before my interview?

4/11/08 check cashed

.png

.png

What concerns me is I don't believe these so called civil surgeons would even be in business if it wasn't for our wonderful government. At best (from the ones I talked to) are in the gray areas of being capable of treating or examining people! My rant :D

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

1) the vaccination supplement i had completed in england was singed and ticked vaccination history complete, so does this mean i wont need any vaccinations at the civial surgeons? 2) My AOS interview is april 12th and my civil surgeon appointment is march 9th is this ok to get them done so early? 3) does the civial surgeon basically just transfer the vaccination sheet from back home onto his sheet and sign it?? ok rant over

1) my understanding is that you should not need any vaccinations, but you will need the civil surgeon to copy that information to the I-693A vaccination supplement form. Then place one copy in a sealed envelope for you to bring to your interview and give one copy to you. On a side note, if there were any other civil surgeons in your area, I would call around because $80 for them to fill out some forms seems quite steep... From what I've read, people have paid anywhere from $20 - upwards for this. For my husband, I found a civil surgeon to fill out the paper for $30, and then he needed one shot for $45.

2) I don't see why that would be a problem.

3) yes. Stupid and pointless, I know....

Hang in there!

11/11/2005 -- Chris Arrived in US on K-1 Visa

11/21/2005 -- Married in Vegas!

12/05/2005 -- Mailed AOS/EAD

04/05/2006 -- AOS Interview and Bio (issued at the interview)

06/10/2006 -- Welcome letter arrives

06/23/2006 -- Green Card Arrives

Lifting Conditions

03/10/2008 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to USCIS

03/14/2008 -- NOA Arrives!! (also check is cashed)

04/07/2008 -- Bio Appt Letter Arrives!

04/17/2008 -- Bio Appt

Timeline

thanks everyone! i thought it seemed quite steep too, but he is the only one in southern minnesota unless hubby and i take a trip to minneapolis

4/11/08 check cashed

.png

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I found a civil surgeon that would just copy the information from my daughter's K-2 medical exam vaccination worksheet onto the Vaccination Supplement for $35.00. I didn't even have to go to the doctor's office.... I just faxed in her vaccination worksheet, they filled in the Supplement, and then I had someone pick up the completed Supplement for me.

When I had my own AOS interview, I had not provided the Vaccination Supplement (I had attached the Worksheet with my AOS application). I did not receive an RFE for the Supplement and was not asked for it at the interview. The Worksheet seemed to be enough, so I submitted the Worksheet with my daughter's AOS application, but received a letter from the Seattle office saying that I would need to have the Supplement done for her interview.

So..... go figure..... sometimes it's necessary and sometimes it's not. I have heard so many people here on VJ say that they got the Supplement done, and then were not even asked for it. I had it done for my daughter just to be on the safe side and it was only $35.00.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
thanks everyone! i thought it seemed quite steep too, but he is the only one in southern minnesota unless hubby and i take a trip to minneapolis

We are from Northern Iowa, just checked a couple days ago and believe there is also one in Abert Lea. Don't know if they are cheaper or not though. Let us know what you find out.

AOS

Mailed AOS & EAD to Chicago--01-18-06

Chicago Recieved----------------01-20-06

NOA-1 for AOS & EAD-----------01-28-06

RFE........................................03-04-06

Biometrics.in ST Paul.Mn..........04-15-06

2nd RFE..................................04-17-06

E-Mail notice EAD approved....05-26-06

EAD Recieved.........................05-29-06

AOS interview..........................08-18-06

Green card notice.....................01-19-07

I submitted my wifes AOS less the vaccination supplement because, as I have found out, many K1'ers aren't given copies of their medical records; they are in the infamous "sealed brown envelope".

One cannot complete a "supplement" without the subject to be amended to to start with.

I included a letter with my A.O.S. submittal describing this obvious "catch 22" circumstance. We'll see if these are really thinking, breathing, rational humans or as most of us suspect just brain dead drones. :hehe:

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

We stressed over the need for the US vaccination supplement as well before Marina and Carina's interview. After much debate, we decided that since we submitted the K-1 vaccination worksheet and did NOT receive an RFE, that we would take our chances at the interview without the additional supplement. Part of this was due to the incompetence of the civil surgeon offices we called asking if they can copy the information to the supplement and convincing them an additional full medical was not necessary.

The result?

The supplement was not asked for at the interview and the officer simply glanced at the worksheet while we were sitting there and then continued through the rest of the file.

If he did ask for the supplement we would have stated we submitted the worksheet and thought all was fine and then we would have gone and gotten the supplement if he asked for it and waited for a later approval.

Marina was approved and has her green card and Carina (k-2) was approved as well and is only waiting for the FBI name check to clear. We saved the money on the supplement either way.

Hope this helps with your interview. Good Luck!

Dave

Thanks to all for the guidance and support and speedy processing to all!

Our Visa Journey Timeline

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina I-130

01/20/2009 I-130 Petitions package mailed to Chicago Lockbox (priority mail)
01/31/2009 NOA1's rec'd for both petitions
03/16/2009 Approval notices dated 03/10/09 rec'd in the mail for both petitions (no on-line update)
03/30/2009 NVC DS-3032 packets received by petitioner
03/31/2009 Paid $70 AOS (affadavit of support) fee on-line (one fee for both petitions)
04/10/2009 Marina's parent's e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC for both petitions
04/15/2009 AOS documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
04/21/2009 Rec'd e-mails from NVC for approval for Marina to be designated agent for both
04/25/2009 Paid $400 IV (immigrant visa) fee on-line for each petition ($800 total for both parents)
06/04/2009 DS-230 & supporting documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
06/22/2009 Both cases completed at NVC (per automated phone line message on 06/30/09)
07/10/2009 Interview notification e-mail received; both interviews scheduled for 08/11/09
08/11/2009 Interview(s) completed for both parents in Bucharest; visas in hand!
12/21/2009 Nicolai & Galina arrived in the United States as scheduled! (Chicago O'Hare)

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina N-400

10/21/2014 N-400 applications mailed to Phoenix Lockbox (priority mail)

11/03/2014 NOA1's received for both

11/07/2014 Biometrics letters received for both

11/17/2014 Biometrics completed for both

11/22/2014 Received "yellow letter" for both

01/06/2015 Received "in-line" e-mail for both

01/12/2015 Received interview letter for both (scheduled for 2/10/15)

02/10/2015 Interviews passed for both; waiting for oath ceremony date(s)

03/03/2015 Oath Ceremony in Chicago; two new US Citizens!

I went through the same trouble as you did and i do live in minneapolis but i was lucky enough to finally find a receptionist that knew what i needed and it cost me $14 for a vaccination i needed and another $25 for the filing fee. I called the hospital in England and they sent me a copy of my vaccination supplement and the receptionist simply copied it and signed for me. Good luck finding a civil surgeon. :thumbs:

POE

27 Sep 2005 - Arrived in MN

07 Oct 2005 - Applied for SS#

13 Oct 2005 - Received SS Card

21 Oct 2005 - Passed Driving Test

22 Oct 2005 - Got Married

AOS Process

21 Nov 2005 - Mailed AOS & EAD

05 Dec 2005 - Received AOS & EAD NOA1

05 Dec 2005 - Received Drivers License

05 Dec 2005 - Received letter to revoke my license for not proving resident status.

06 Dec 2005 - Applied for new Drivers License with NOA1

13 Dec 2005 - RFE concerning AOS

21 Dec 2005 - AOS touched (120-180 days)

07 Mar 2006 - Biometrics Apt for EAD & AOS

08 Mar 2006 - EAD touched

14 Mar 2006 - EAD approved online

16 Mar 2006 - EAD received in mail

25 Mar 2006 - AOS interview letter

01 Apr 2006 - Go my first job!!!!

23 May 2006 - AOS Interview - Approved

I didn't get a supplement done and had my AOS approved no problem, as did Ladybird. With my AOS paperwork I included a sheet of paper stating that my vaccination details were included with the embassy medical package. I thought it was worth the risk and it paid off.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.