elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

The problem is that people ARE telling him not to marry me, like his best friend and his mother, and even some people on VJ. I have been called a gold digger which is NOT TRUE. Can't you see why I would be upset?

OK, my turn to jump in. Melissa, you have two ways with which you can deal with all this adversity.

1) Rant, rave, throw your fists in the air and shout at the gods that this is so unfair, that the whole world is against you, that you have so many problems and you can't see why EVERYONE is against you. This (what you seem to be doing now) takes a lot of energy and is completely useless. It's spinning your wheels for no reason and you will NEVER be able to prove that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Not because you aren't right but because there will ALWAYS be someone who disagrees. That's how life works.

2) Realize that not everyone in the world will agree with you, but just say "OK" and move on. The ranting and the raving is just an attempt to prove EVERYONE ELSE wrong, when, in all honesty, who cares what other people think? Do you love Julian? Does he love you? Do you want to be together? Case closed. Everyone else's opinion is just that, opinion, and you don't have a duty to change their opinion. Don't feel that you have to be right. Just trust your choices, realize that others may disagree, but if you give up the need to PROVE to everyone else that you are right, life gets a whole lot easier.

The easiest way to live your life according to the second option is to focus on the good, not on the bad. Think about all the things you have going for you, not all the things that you don't have. Think about how much worse it could be, and think about how lucky you have been to be able to go through an easy embassy, to be able to see Julian during the process, to be able to move into a new home with him once he's here. While you are telling other people what they should be thankful for (telling another member that she went through the process faster than you did and now has her husband with her), other people could say the same to you. You get a new home, I'm living in a small apartment and working two jobs just to stay afloat. You got to see Julian recently, I haven't seen my fiance since April, and not for almost 2 years before that. But even with all that, I know I still have it better than so many others out there. You can't play the "who has it better" game because there will always be someone who has things harder than you do.

So, everything I have just written is written with concern. I am just trying to help. Just let all the criticism roll of your back like it didn't even happen. Put your focus where it needs to be, and let the rest just fade away.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have been called a gold digger which is NOT TRUE. Can't you see why I would be upset?

Well, no. You just said it isn't true, so have a laugh and move on.

Also I dunno, I might be way out of line here, but pulling up timelines and then making snarky comments about them may not be the way to change any... not... nice opinions about yourself. Just a thought.

So hey everyone, who thinks we need a thread called "I'm waiting for the consulate to get a move on and boy am I testy!" because there's five or six of us.

So hey everyone, who thinks we need a thread called "I'm waiting for the consulate to get a move on and boy am I testy!" because there's five or six of us.

Agreed. I may not come here to moan about it, but YES, I'm completely agreed.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Timeline

Two things to this thread, I KNOW it is a lighthearted thread, so please don't get angry with me for being a little more serious with this question:

1) My ex-husband was such a complete and total jerk to me for so many years, I don't think much of anything Rob could do would ever compare.

2) Rob and I have a mutual friend named Scott. We've known Scott for over 4 years. Scott and I talk on a pretty regular basis, as he is a wonderful person and a great friend. He's been married the entire time I've known him, and has two precious children with his wife. Aside from the fact that they are both completely wonderful people, the thing I adore most about Scott is this:

In four + years, not once, not ever have I heard him say a single bad thing about his wife. Not once. He never has anything but positive things to say about her. He found his dream woman, and they are living a dream together.

I've spent time watching the relationships of others around me, and I have to tell you, Scott has one of the best I have ever seen and I generally think it is a mutual respect they have for each other. They don't pick at each other, degrade each other, or try and "fix" each other. I HATE watching it when people are mean to each other.

Sometimes the little things are the things that end up breaking up marriages. Don't waste precious moments together in your lives arguing over silly things or trying to change one another.

I am going to add the Optomists Creed in here, and underline a line of it I have had to chant over and over to myself on occassion.

I promise myself

To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet.

To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet.

To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud word, but in great deeds.

To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.

- Christian D. Larson

+1

I have to agree with the spirit of the above post. I'm not really sure of what good can come from a complaint topic about your fiancee/spouse topic other than to stir the pot of discontent which may some day lead to the disolution of the relationship. Or is that misery loves company? If people are that miserable with their significant other, they may need to re-evaluate the relationship altogether.

Formerly of not so sunny Syracuse, New York (and going way back, Davis California!)

- 2008 Aug Met and began online relationship

- 2008 Dec 2-7 Met 1st time in person (England)

- 2009 Mar 28 Became engaged

- 2009 Apr 2-15 Met 2nd time in person (Syracuse-NY-USA)

- 2009 Aug 25 - Sep 25 Met 3rd time in person (Syracuse-NY-USA)

- 2009 Oct 19 Sent I-129F Application to USCIS

- 2009 Oct 30 NOA1 received

- 2010 Jan 20 NOA2 received (Approval Notice)

- 2010 Feb 4 Notified that approved I-129F petition forward to US Emabassy at London

- 2010 Mar 26 - Apr 15 Met 4th time in person (Fairfax-VA-USA)

- 2010 July 29 Fiancee had medical in London

- 2010 July 30 London Embassy Interview Date (K1 Visa approved pending a laundry list of medial stuff)

- 2010 Nov 2 Courier website shows K1 Visa packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval!

- 2010 Nov 3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! Visa's are in the building and in my fiancees hands! (tentative Jan 2011 arrival)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

+1

I have to agree with the spirit of the above post. I'm not really sure of what good can come from a complaint topic about your fiancee/spouse topic other than to stir the pot of discontent which may some day lead to the disolution of the relationship. Or is that misery loves company? If people are that miserable with their significant other, they may need to re-evaluate the relationship altogether.

You clearly don't get the spirit in which this thread was intended. No offense, but this is a humorous and light hearted thread, not one about serious relationship gripes.

Timeline

Ah sorry, I misread the title then. Perhaps England and the US are truly two nations separated by a common language. =P

*backs slowly out of the thread*

Formerly of not so sunny Syracuse, New York (and going way back, Davis California!)

- 2008 Aug Met and began online relationship

- 2008 Dec 2-7 Met 1st time in person (England)

- 2009 Mar 28 Became engaged

- 2009 Apr 2-15 Met 2nd time in person (Syracuse-NY-USA)

- 2009 Aug 25 - Sep 25 Met 3rd time in person (Syracuse-NY-USA)

- 2009 Oct 19 Sent I-129F Application to USCIS

- 2009 Oct 30 NOA1 received

- 2010 Jan 20 NOA2 received (Approval Notice)

- 2010 Feb 4 Notified that approved I-129F petition forward to US Emabassy at London

- 2010 Mar 26 - Apr 15 Met 4th time in person (Fairfax-VA-USA)

- 2010 July 29 Fiancee had medical in London

- 2010 July 30 London Embassy Interview Date (K1 Visa approved pending a laundry list of medial stuff)

- 2010 Nov 2 Courier website shows K1 Visa packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval!

- 2010 Nov 3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! Visa's are in the building and in my fiancees hands! (tentative Jan 2011 arrival)

My damned husband won't admit that I'm right. ALL THE TIME. Pffffttt.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

You've caught me. I am really Eric in disguise. :lol:

Knew it.

My damned husband won't admit that I'm right. ALL THE TIME. Pffffttt.

How disrespectful. Everyone knows Val is right ALL the time!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

How disrespectful. Everyone knows Val is right ALL the time!

Exactly. He's back to school this week, so expecting the b1tchiness to kick in soon. Not my fault he scheduled his classes at 7 in the fricking morning. And he expects me to get up and make breakfast for him at 5:30! I mean really, do I SEEM like a morning person? Obviously, mistakes will be made in the kitchen, I'm not awake at that time!

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Exactly. He's back to school this week, so expecting the b1tchiness to kick in soon. Not my fault he scheduled his classes at 7 in the fricking morning. And he expects me to get up and make breakfast for him at 5:30! I mean really, do I SEEM like a morning person? Obviously, mistakes will be made in the kitchen, I'm not awake at that time!

You need to nip this behaviour in the bud, or else you know what we do to misbehaving husbands.mad.gif

You are not a maid OR a morning person. He can fix his own bloody breakfast!

You need to nip this behaviour in the bud, or else you know what we do to misbehaving husbands.mad.gif

You are not a maid OR a morning person. He can fix his own bloody breakfast!

But I look so cute in the outfit!!! star_smile.gif

Oh, and he has wisely hid the gun. Again. mad.gif

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

But I look so cute in the outfit!!! star_smile.gif

Oh, and he has wisely hid the gun. Again. mad.gif

It's true, you are pretty cute in that get-up. It's so massively unfair that he's hidden the gun -- doesn't he know that you have to be prepared?

Obviously, mistakes will be made in the kitchen, I'm not awake at that time!

Please tell me you own a fire extinguisher? :blink:

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.