GJen

Change of address... help!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello, all! I know it's been a while and I know we've been "working on" the K1 visa for a long time now.. but we are planning on filing this week!

Last time I was with G, we signed originals of forms we had filled out, plus blank ones just in case. This is helpful because he recently moved and now has a new address! I plan on just handwriting in the information on all the forms, but the one thing we didn't think about was the letter of intent, the one of which he signed has his old address on it. What is the best way to go about making the change? Cross it out and write it to the side? Print out his new address and tape it over the old one? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!! smile.gif

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello, all! I know it's been a while and I know we've been "working on" the K1 visa for a long time now.. but we are planning on filing this week!

Last time I was with G, we signed originals of forms we had filled out, plus blank ones just in case. This is helpful because he recently moved and now has a new address! I plan on just handwriting in the information on all the forms, but the one thing we didn't think about was the letter of intent, the one of which he signed has his old address on it. What is the best way to go about making the change? Cross it out and write it to the side? Print out his new address and tape it over the old one? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!! smile.gif

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the address on the letter of intent because both of you need to complete a G-325A and it lists previous and current addresses. Trust me when I say they look at the address on the forms themselves and won't send anything to the address on the intent letter if that's what you're worried about. I don't think they'll mind that he wrote that letter whilst at the previous address either as you said he "recently" moved. I think it would only be an issue if he moved say 6 months ago so it was obvious to them the letter was "old".

As a side note, double check that the versions of forms you have signed are still current. I haven't looked to see whether they've changed k1 ones but that have changed AOS ones in the last few months. In one case previous editions (of my form) were not accepted so I needed to be sure it was the right version.

Congrats on filing soon!

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the address on the letter of intent because both of you need to complete a G-325A and it lists previous and current addresses. Trust me when I say they look at the address on the forms themselves and won't send anything to the address on the intent letter if that's what you're worried about. I don't think they'll mind that he wrote that letter whilst at the previous address either as you said he "recently" moved. I think it would only be an issue if he moved say 6 months ago so it was obvious to them the letter was "old".

As a side note, double check that the versions of forms you have signed are still current. I haven't looked to see whether they've changed k1 ones but that have changed AOS ones in the last few months. In one case previous editions (of my form) were not accepted so I needed to be sure it was the right version.

Congrats on filing soon!

Thanks for the reply!

Luckily, they're still accepting the version we filled out. Thanks again!

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.