12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I am beginning preparation for my medical exam. Recently I have been diagnosed with HPV. I have a genital wart. Will this disqualify me? I mean, will I have probems with my medical exam? I have begun taking medicine and because I am man there are no tests to be done. If I give the civil surgeon a note aong with medicine prescription will this be ok? I am very stressed! Please help!

PD I saw that they have taken the hpv vaccine off of required shots....

Uggh they took the hpv vaccine off? That sucker hurt...

I would call the immigration medical exam place you'll go to. That way they can answer you questions! Good luck!

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

I do not see HPV listed as one that would deny you a visa.

Communicable Diseases of Public Health Significance

These currently include:

1. Tuberculosis
  2. Syphilis
  3. Chancroid
  4. Gonorrhea
  5. Granuloma Inguinale
  6. Lymphogranuloma Venereum
  7. Hansen's Disease (Leprosy)

The HPV shot is no longer needed, however, it would not help, since there is no known cure for HPV. (you can only take steps to prevent it).

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think HIV and HPV are no longer a reason to denial. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

I think HIV and HPV are no longer a reason to denial. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Your correct - HIV was removed.

However, HPV was never a reason for denial - it was the HPV vaccination that was needed for immigration, but they removed that requirement.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Got it! Thanks!!!!

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

great! i was really stress because of this, and of course a sensitive issue.

thanks a lot ppl!

Main thing is to take the necessary precausions from you transmiting the disease to someone else.

It's not easy.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Your post is not very clear. First of all the HPV vaccination is only for females. If the female already has HPV the vaccination is a waste of money. From your post I am assuming you are a male who is on a fiancée visa sponsored by an American female or you have a brother or sister or parents who are American citizens and sponsoring you. Only under those conditions would you need in ST. Luke’s visa medical exam. As long as you have no visible warts on your genitals or in the general area you will have no problem. If you have visible warts get them burned off by laser treatment, electric hot needle treatment or acid burn treatment, by a dermatologist doctor so you are completely healed by date of visa medical exam. If you are the American husband sponsoring a Filipino spouse you are not the one having the visa medical exam your spouse is and as long as she has no visible warts there is no problem. Medical note: As long as there are visible warts that person is contagious and can easy infect their sex partners, and the area size covered in warts will continue to expand as more warts continue to appear. Also if you have warts the likelyhood of you having other STD's is very high. Best to get local medical checkup with smear lab tests so you know you are clean at same time you have warts removed.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your post is not very clear. First of all the HPV vaccination is only for females. If the female already has HPV the vaccination is a waste of money. From your post I am assuming you are a male who is on a fiancée visa sponsored by an American female or you have a brother or sister or parents who are American citizens and sponsoring you. Only under those conditions would you need in ST. Luke’s visa medical exam. As long as you have no visible warts on your genitals or in the general area you will have no problem. If you have visible warts get them burned off by laser treatment, electric hot needle treatment or acid burn treatment, by a dermatologist doctor so you are completely healed by date of visa medical exam. If you are the American husband sponsoring a Filipino spouse you are not the one having the visa medical exam your spouse is and as long as she has no visible warts there is no problem. Medical note: As long as there are visible warts that person is contagious and can easy infect their sex partners, and the area size covered in warts will continue to expand as more warts continue to appear. Also if you have warts the likelyhood of you having other STD's is very high. Best to get local medical checkup with smear lab tests so you know you are clean at same time you have warts removed.

the hpv vaccination is not only to stop the spreading of warts but it is also a prevention of having a cancer. I, too is worried about it for my medical...but being positive in all ways can make you strong and fight back any kind of diseases..

The HPV vaccination isn't a waste of money if a female already has a strain of HPV, there are many different strains of HPV. You can have the vaccine and still catch a strain it doesn't cover.

I-130 for myself and son sent - 06/04/2011

Chicago lockbox - 06/06/2011

NOA1 email - 06/09/2011

NOA1 DATE - 06/07/2011

NOA1 hard copy - 06/16/2011

Touched - 06/14/2011

NOA2 email for 1 petition (122 days) - 07/10/2011

September 21, 2011 and October 4, 2011*.

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 20, 2011 and October 3, 2011*. (22/06/2011)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 16, 2011 and September 25, 2011*. (25/06/2011)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 14, 2011 and September 23, 2011*. (01/07/2011)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 12, 2011 and September 20, 2011*.

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 5, 2011 and September 17, 2011*. (24/07/11)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 15, 2011 and September 23, 2011*. (02/09/11)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 21, 2011 and November 3, 2011*

event.png

The HPV vaccination isn't a waste of money if a female already has a strain of HPV, there are many different strains of HPV. You can have the vaccine and still catch a strain it doesn't cover.

Also the vaccine is not just for females, males can have it as well.

I-130 for myself and son sent - 06/04/2011

Chicago lockbox - 06/06/2011

NOA1 email - 06/09/2011

NOA1 DATE - 06/07/2011

NOA1 hard copy - 06/16/2011

Touched - 06/14/2011

NOA2 email for 1 petition (122 days) - 07/10/2011

September 21, 2011 and October 4, 2011*.

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 20, 2011 and October 3, 2011*. (22/06/2011)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 16, 2011 and September 25, 2011*. (25/06/2011)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 14, 2011 and September 23, 2011*. (01/07/2011)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 12, 2011 and September 20, 2011*.

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 5, 2011 and September 17, 2011*. (24/07/11)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 15, 2011 and September 23, 2011*. (02/09/11)

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between September 21, 2011 and November 3, 2011*

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.