scandal

Gordon Brown and the "bigoted woman"

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The prime minister was confronted by Gillian Duffy, 66, who complained about levels of immigration and difficulties experienced by people who are unable to work in claiming state benefits.

“You can’t say anything about the immigrants,” she told him. “All these eastern Europeans coming in -- where are they flocking from?”

{However, a microphone picked up his words to an aide as he drove away in a car.

PM Brown: "That was a disaster.

"You should never have put me with that woman.

"Whose idea was that?"

PM Brown went on: "It's just ridiculous."

His aide then asked: "What did she say?"

PM Brown replied: "Oh, everything,

she's just a sort of bigoted woman

who said she used to vote Labour."}

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh Snap - did he lose the Hungarian vote? (J/k)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What he'll most probably lose is the election.

I doubt he will lose it solely because of this. He wasn't exactly a front runner to begin with.

The BBC coverage of this was hilarious. They showed the whole thing in chronological order.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I doubt he will lose it solely because of this. He wasn't exactly a front runner to begin with.

The BBC coverage of this was hilarious. They showed the whole thing in chronological order.

Gordon Brown is a disaster. He has about as much charisma as a day old pile of horse manure and, as Chancellor of the Exchequer while Tony Blair was PM, deserves much of the blame for the severity of the economic downturn in the UK. Add in this, where he "off-camera" takes a really nasty swipe at one of his own party's supporters, not to mention his PR staff, and there aren't many in the UK who will want him back in 10 Downing Street.

Good riddance.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

I liked his honesty, there should be more of it :)

Why does a prime minister need 'personality'? Whatever the good and bad of GB, I care nothing for his personality one way or another. Which of the other two has the desirable personality for a Prime Minster? What was it Paxman said about Cameron? He's a smooth #######? :rofl:

Kate Adie was good on this incident in the 'Vote Now Show' - and she had some great ideas to import from the Greek election process, rattles, yeah!

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The prime minister was confronted by Gillian Duffy, 66, who complained about levels of immigration and difficulties experienced by people who are unable to work in claiming state benefits.

“You can’t say anything about the immigrants,” she told him. “All these eastern Europeans coming in -- where are they flocking from?”

{However, a microphone picked up his words to an aide as he drove away in a car.

PM Brown: "That was a disaster.

"You should never have put me with that woman.

"Whose idea was that?"

PM Brown went on: "It's just ridiculous."

His aide then asked: "What did she say?"

PM Brown replied: "Oh, everything,

she's just a sort of bigoted woman

who said she used to vote Labour."}

What's wrong with that? He made a specific statement about a woman that he interacted with. You can't believe that politicians don't have these types of conversations.

Timeline

Probably because politicians seeking re/election are concerned as much by presentation as by substance?

Beyond the entertainment value of seeing a political figure reduced to a national laughing stock, this story isn't important.

Hey hey it's Cleos best mate. :rofl:

Nice dodge of the question of the impact of workers coming from Eastern Europe.

'Brits move to to Europe too'. Riiiight, so an equal number move to Poland do they.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Timeline

I watched clips of this on YouTube yesterday and frankly don't get what all the fuss is about. She is a bigot. So what's wrong with identifying bigotry when we see it? People should be doing more of that, not less.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

I watched clips of this on YouTube yesterday and frankly don't get what all the fuss is about. She is a bigot. So what's wrong with identifying bigotry when we see it? People should be doing more of that, not less.

Come on, you can't have forgotten what it was like here during the 2008 election. Obama got hauled over the coals for calling Pennsylvania voters small-minded people who "cling to religion and guns".

This is more or less the same thing.

So the lady's concerns are bigoted are they? Sure as hell explains your views on illegals here and your attempt to criticize any measure proposed.

Naturally, much in the same way illegals are not affecting hard disk changer on here or your own position, you have this blank what's the big deal attitude.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

'Brits move to to Europe too'. Riiiight, so an equal number move to Poland do they.

No, they all move to Australia where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg