scandal

Gordon Brown and the "bigoted woman"

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Certainly. For someone that doesn't, I suppose this could be a wakeup call to see that there is a disconnect between their values and Brown's, much like the "guns and religion" comment showed a disconnect between Obama and middle America.

It isn't a wakeup call - Gordon Brown is the ####### Cheney of the UK. Labour was and is in 3rd place in the polls and the election is next week. Even if Labour keep their majority (which they only have because they have spent the best part of 10 years screwing with the constituency boundaries), Brown will almost certainly be forced out by his own party via a no confidence vote. Happened before with John Major.

I just don't think that Browns definition of bigoted is as off kilter as Obama's criticism of religion and guns.

He was caught insulting one of his voters. That's all there is to it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

He met with the constituent and apologized, he's a total coward ;)

The video-edit that the BBC used last night was hilarious, they even had a clip of Gordon Brown with his head in his hands as he was doing a radio appearance shortly afterwards.

It's the final debate tonight - 1 all to Cameron/Clegg I believe and the Economy up tonight! I wouldn't watch it even if I was in the UK, but it's fun to hear about how they go on the various election programs I have heard on the radio.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

It's the final debate tonight - 1 all to Cameron/Clegg I believe and the Economy up tonight! I wouldn't watch it even if I was in the UK, but it's fun to hear about how they go on the various election programs I have heard on the radio.

Last week's debate was a bit of a bore, the first was a bit more entertaining but really only because it turned into a personality contest.

The debates have had a quite dramatic impact on the polls, Labour is now in third place!

Last week's debate was a bit of a bore, the first was a bit more entertaining but really only because it turned into a personality contest.

The debates have had a quite dramatic impact on the polls, Labour is now in third place!

I know, that makes me mad because how dumb are the electorate these days that these debates sway their opinion? But glad because Labour are in third place. Torn I tell you!

Edited by Madame Cleo

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

2:1 to Clegg? Interesting. I know the conservatives are in a frenzy over the horror of a 'hung' parliament, not that the UK has a great record with those, it's true. Eh well, onward, I'll listen to 'The Vote Now Show' later and see what they have to say :)

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Apparently Clegg won the debate tonight, be interesting to see what happens next week.

Apparently, the BBC don't agree with you there.

BBC Political Editor Nick Robinson said the debate had no clear winner, but after the events of the past 48 hours the momentum entering the final week of the campaign appeared to be with Mr Cameron.

BBC polling expert David Cowling said two instant reaction polls, for ComRes and YouGov, showed exactly the same movement - no change for Mr Clegg over the second debate, an increase of 5% for Mr Cameron and a drop of 4% for Mr Brown.

The BBC Webpage

Looks like David Cameron is the one making the move.

Edited by Pooky

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png